Hey there MN Hippies

Discussion in 'Minnesota' started by Psyowa-Girl, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Psyowa-Girl

Psyowa-Girl Member

I actually live in Iowa, but there doesn't seem to be any other hippies in my area :(
    Do any of you make it down here for psy-trance events or attend Sacred Earth or Earthdance in Black River Falls, WI?

I am pretty lonely and really trying to find a relationship with someone more like myself.

2. Psyowa-Girl

Psyowa-Girl Member

Super awesome! Did I get the chance to meet you? I was camped out on top of the hill in the trees. I hula hooped a little bit too... Um... I can't think of much else that could identify me from everyone else. Normally I dress pretty "out there", but a guy was camping with me and trying to put the moves on me so that made everything complicated X(

3. iluvt60s

iluvt60s Guest

I live in MN but never made it to anything like that. I always look for things like that on the web so i can meet people who see life as i do but if i find anything like that its always from like 2009. No hippies in Iowa try here its probly worse. Friends look at me like i have a disease wen i tell them you dont need alot of money to be happy and succesful and you cant trust the men running the country. want someone to talk to im all ears as long as u let me get some stuff off my chest. But ladies first.

4. Psyowa-Girl

Psyowa-Girl Member

Sounds like Iowa :\
    When I tell people I don't vote because it's rigged or that I don't believe in government I am told I am delusional/sick... I am really given a ton of shit when I explain the many reasons I don't date people in the military. Apparently it's unpatriotic to submit to men with a superiority complex, an addictive personality, and an increased likelihood of violence directed at their partners.
    And I guess I am also a terribly evil person because I place no value in money.
    Yay for being alienated for not being shallow!

5. iluvt60s

iluvt60s Guest

I tell people why vote. the candidate will say what he wants you to here to get into office then you truley see what they are about. They all have hidden agendas and they dont have your best interest in mind. money fuels greed and this country is built on money.

You have no idea how long iv looked for somebody with a mind like mine. Thank you, you have made my year.
    One person going against the masses to stick to wat is right and truthfull is mightier then one person going with the masses and only doing it because that is wat the masses are doing.

6. Psyowa-Girl

Psyowa-Girl Member

:love: Wanna have a hippie baby? (j/k) but seriously... why can't I meet someone like you!?

7. N0 W0RRIES

N0 W0RRIES Guest

im from iowa too! hey!

8. Psyowa-Girl

Psyowa-Girl Member

Nuh-uh! I don't believe it! I'm Iowa's token hippie! lol
    But seriously- why is it that our state really has no hippie community???

9. N0 W0RRIES

N0 W0RRIES Guest

I dont know but i think we should start it :) lol

10. Psyowa-Girl

Psyowa-Girl Member

How would people go about doing such a thing? Most events that I get to meet other hippies happen to be psytrance parties.

11. N0 W0RRIES

N0 W0RRIES Guest

I don't know, it would probably be too difficult of a task. Iowa's lame =[

12. iluvt60s

iluvt60s Guest

Because the masses r against us. I was at the bar last sat. and i was discussing my ideas with a friend more like i was ranting my ideas and in no time we had strangers among us, wich would be fine but they were arguing against my ideas. One of them said I believe in your idealism but i dont see your realism. I dont mind a good debate but wat i always get is people telling me you know your right but wat can i do about it, well wen i herd that all i kept saying is REVOLUTION!!!. People dont get the fact that they can be happy without money and materials they just dont want to put down their cell phones long enough to realize the live in the country of the free but they are anything but free. (sorry for the rant)

13. iluvt60s

iluvt60s Guest

I agree Iowa is lame lol

14. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

I'm pretty sure there is already a forum dedicated to Meth.. basically the equivalent to an Iowa forum

15. Plasticfantasticlover

Plasticfantasticlover Member

Minnesota's lacking the hippie scene too, So I'm screwed. haha.

16. tbrosi

tbrosi Guest

im in st. paul and ide consider myself a hippie! and yeah most of my friends arent nearly as cool as i wish i need to get some more peaceful acid heads for friends like myself

17. BoBMaRLeY_1LoVe

BoBMaRLeY_1LoVe Guest

Hippie from the Twin Cities :)
    Id like to say Iowa is a beautiful state by the way. It has such a peaceful feel to it. Be proud you live there!!

18. Beautiful flowers

Beautiful flowers Guest

I live in MN. The hip place to be in MN is south Minneapolis, specifically seward.

19. Beautiful flowers

Beautiful flowers Guest

Sorry if I put thumbs down on on your post. This is a touh screen and its hard to zoom in and still hit the right button.

20. dreadzyahhmann22

dreadzyahhmann22 Member

wish i woulda seen this post way earlier =| this thread is pretty much dead sadly, hello from duluth btw =)