Hey Tennessee!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by headymoechick, Nov 2, 2004.

1. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I was just in Nashville and I loved it!! I'm looking for kynd friends aroung there to fill me in on job and home info. I want to move there! You guys were the NICEST people I've ever come across and I would love to live in a town or city that's that friendly!!

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

haha... awesome! Nashville fucking rocks. You can find most of the stuff you're looking for at http://www.tennessean.com, or links to another place that has it, at least. What were you in Nashville for?

3. headymoechick

the moe. concert at the Ryman. I had a blast!!! I flew in just for the show and met a lot of people that I want to talk to again!!

4. HappyHaHaGirl

You flew all the way down here for that? Damn... I wanted to go, but couldn't afford it. Who did you meet? I might know them...haha

5. headymoechick

Um.. I was a little fucked up on some E pressies. I don't remember anyone's name. OHH!! I do remember one.. I think his name was Monroe. Anyway I was talking to people all night and everyone was so nice. I wonder if anyone remembers me? I 'm sorry you couldn't get a ticket. I got lucky and my friend had extras. And yeah when I can get time off work I'll do anything I can to get to a moe. show. I also went to this neat club Sat. night. It had different floors with different kinds of music on each floor.I stayed on the roof where this live band was doing some cool rock covers.

6. royharper

royharper Member

Nashville's quite lame, but it gets much better shows than here. :(

7. HappyHaHaGirl

Nashville could kick your ass at dodgeball, motherfucker! :)

8. Peace_n_love

Peace_n_love Member

No Tennesse has really cool people they are warm hearted and open to anyone.,...
    well most anyone...
    I'm form Chattanooga its about two hours south of Nashville!
    Although everyone is nice here i can't wait to move away I need to get out and see other places...
    PnL,
    tay

9. Personface

Personface Tennessee Jed

Tennessee as a whole is alright. But Clarksville is not much fun.

Headymoe-good luck with your big move. Send me a pm if you move down. I am only 45 minutes from Nashville.

10. Happy_Mondays

Happy_Mondays Member

Good to hear you enjoyed Nashville so much! If you're thinking of relocating, try checking out www.nashvillescene.com . Not only is it one of the coolest free weekly newspapers in town, but you can check out the real estate ads, too. Sylvan Park is a great part of town and some rental properties are still pretty cheap and near all kinds of neighborhood bars, retaurants, laundromats (sp?), etc. East Nashville's cool too, but getting a little too trendy now so prices are creeping up. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there for ya. There are plenty of kind folks here and anyone's welcome to come on over :)

11. ColonelForbin44

ColonelForbin44 Member

That's cool Peace_n_Love, I am also from chattanooga, although right now i am in virginia for college. Hmmm...I wonder if I know you, maybe not though, since you are only 14. But that's cool though, I think our town is underappreciated, there's a lot of cool heads if you know where to look. I can't wait to get back for christmas break and smoke a pipe with all my old friends.

12. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

I've been in Johnson City (Washington County) for about 2 months now, but will be in Nashville area next week.

13. seaofgreen

seaofgreen Member

Ive only been there once. About 5 years ago, butI recall a funny story from the trip I want to share. Me and my girl friend were riding around, drinking beer and having a good time and we ended up on some very back roads, and there were cows and farmers around. We slowed down as we approahed this one old farmer crossing the road, and asked him if this was I-40? He looked at me, then my girl, scratched his head and turned away from us without ever answering. We sat there and laughed tillwe cried.

I did enjoy the city and want to go again one of these days

14. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

that's what they all say... LOL
    I've been lots of other places, I'd rather be here. honestly. Though I do miss Brooklyn a little.... Nowhere else on earth compares to this part of Tennessee.

15. Curious_Jane

Curious_Jane Member

I live in Sparta and I can tell you its a ghost town! Cookeville is the closet town where there is anything to do and even then its not much. But I guess it all depends on your idea of fun. Red Boiling Springs is the place to go if your looking to get back to the land.Most of the old hippys live there and work or live on a farm. Theres also Summer Town Tn home to one of oldest communes still up and running Stephen Gaskin is the founder. You might of heard of him from the 60s he has wrote a few books on spirituality and phsycoactive drug use........If you come down in the summer time then the summer solstice is the way to go! its a real hippy festival not like bonnaroo. *LOVE*

16. md2mum

md2mum Member

We moved herer from TX and now have decide to stay here.

17. emisue

emisue Member

I live in a real small town in Tennessee, called Hanging Limb. It's pretty amazing. Anyways email me and I'll give you some info. if you are interested. [[= emisuewho@yahoo.com[​IMG]

18. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

Hey hippys. I just moved here Miami to attend ETSU, and I must say, I like this place a lot better. True Miami has much more night life and also the ocean. But I'm kinda over the clubs and nightlife. If I go out at night, I'm more into a bar, maybe some live music or something. Not a nightclub. Plus, I got tired of paying $7 for a pint of beer. Plus, my car insurance here in JC,TN is about 22% of what it was in Miami. No lie, less than a quarter.

I'll miss the ocean, but I'll get over it. I do like scuba diving and fishing. I can go fishing here, but deep sea fishing is cooler, because you get big fish.

I just posted a new thread because I'm new here, and don't know anyone. I have some friends here at school, but I don't want all my friends to be from school, I want to meet some outsiders (Though don't let that scare you off if you are a fellow buc.) (-=

19. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

Oops, I accidentally posted twice.

20. mywildkingdom

mywildkingdom Member

Hey everyone...im Cole from near Nashville...I agree its a great place and look forward to meeting some of you...

I have been planning on meeting to masturbate with some of you women in here for some time...let me know which of you might be interested...I can email pics whatever...but lets just enjoy the time together...

im also at mywildkingdom2@yahoo.com

by now

cole