Hey Tea Lovers

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by 73h_6r347_0n3, Mar 26, 2012.

1. HeathenHippie

HeathenHippie Member

I apologize if my words have offended you, Black_Books, as it was not my intent. I don't understand your hostility, or why you would imply that I, one unknown to you, am stunningly ignorant and/or lacking perspective. The claims I have made are easily verifiable with current information from reputable, unbiased sources, and I did not exaggerate those claims in order to start or continue an argument.

Have a happy day.

2. Black_Books

Black_Books Member

You haven't offended me over tea. lol I was just stretching my debate skills, to be honest. Actually learned quite a bit. If you noticed in my post I didn't address you, merely your statements. I was speaking generally to the forum as a whole in my post above:

...and do not/did not, in fact, accuse you of a lack of perspective or insinuate you as stunningly ignorant. Although the KFC thing was a bit drastic and silly, I admit(was typing under the influence).

I do apologize for making you feel uncomfortable or attacked.

-Black_Books

3. HeathenHippie

HeathenHippie Member

Thanks -- fortunately, I don't often take things personally and haven't here in our little exchange. It's all good.

:sunny:

4. 73h_6r347_0n3

73h_6r347_0n3 Member

anyone ever tried the Peace tea? pretty good better than Arizona tea

5. 73h_6r347_0n3

73h_6r347_0n3 Member

any1 tried oolong one of my new favorites

6. Veebie

Veebie Member

I love both tea... and coffee (gasp). I hope that's not too taboo for this topic.

But I'm such an indecisive one. You see, it's the same when it comes to being a cat-person vs. dog-person. I'm both!

Perhaps I truly have got the best of both worlds. But whilst I'm stuck in such a limbo, I just cannot figure out how you can possibly dislike either one...

So, excuse the two cups on my desk.

7. biohazard5500

biohazard5500 Member

love green tea.

8. lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia Banana Hammock Lifetime Supporter

I am a huge tea drinker. Usually black, chamomile, or pre-made blends. I get some good ones from my local herb store that they make there.

9. Poppy Sunshine

Poppy Sunshine atypical hippie Lifetime Supporter

I've tried several types of tea and the only kind I like is Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime and Tension Tamer. (I've posted on other threads about CS tea.)

I've tried a lot of other natural teas, some flavoured, some not, but have yet to find anything natural and caffeine-free that I like. I don't like anything with a strong smell or taste. (Although I LOVE the smell of coffee but don't drink it - never have!)

I did try CS's Sinus Soother this past winter when I had a sinus infection and it was "okay".

10. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

I love tea especially in the morning:eggnog:

11. SunshineChild

SunshineChild Mad Scientist

Same here. Loose leaf is 1000x better than tea bags.

I used to drink Ti Kuan Yin daily but Ali Shan is probably my favorite oolong. Anything from Yunnan seems to be superior black tea, IMO. Gyokuro (a green tea) brewed at 130 F is what I would consider a delicacy.

12. Marebare

Marebare Member

I'm a tea lover. I love green tea, chia tea and black tea. But really what is the utmost for me is ginger tea. I make it myself from fresh ginger root. I peel the root and chop the root and then blend it in my blender with water and simmer it for 20 minutes - never letting it come to a full boil. Then I put some lime juice and honey in the bottom of a pitcher and strain the ginger/water into the pitcher with a sieve. I like it cooled in the frig and served over ice when the weather is hot (which is always here) but I like it hot when I get to a place with cold weather (which is almost never). Also another delicious variation is mixing fresh ginger root with pineapple, cilantro in orange juice and blend in blender.....

for both ideas - just play with the amounts of ingredient to get a concoction that you like. I've been drinking my ginger tea more and more stronger all the time......it has a nice spicy heat to it but still refreshing.

13. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I love China Mist Tea most; the kind they sell at Panda Express. I order it online and make it at home!
    My other favorites are green tea, white tea, chamomile, darjeelig, and fruit teas. I also like Arizona Diet Iced Green Tea and Marley Tea.

14. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Just got into Kombucha; it's awesome!

15. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

Kombucha isn't tea! :p
    It is awesome though! I love fermented chorella and spirulina

16. 73h_6r347_0n3

73h_6r347_0n3 Member

ahh summer time and been drinks sun tea. uner strong and ice col

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

What would be a good tea to help a person rest or sleep better?

18. 73h_6r347_0n3

73h_6r347_0n3 Member

Valerian root would do it for sure, you can find it at and herbal store. recommend buying a mortar and pedestal.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've got one of those. Home alchemist here >.>
    I have taken valerian herbal pills to sleep before but they've never worked too well. Would the tea be more potent?

20. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3rxNCzzJpY"]The Kinks - Have a Cuppa Tea, 1972 - YouTube