hey, im new here...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Fallen_Seraph, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Fallen_Seraph

Fallen_Seraph Member

Hey my name is sam, but you can call me Fallen_Seraph.
    Im 19, 5"9, about 140 lbs, green eyes, really long hair (past my elbows!) Im a peaceful, idealistic, single guy living in England who has lost, and wants to find, something about himself.

I was a complete geek not so long ago. But that all changed when a friend's mother (an old-school hippie herself) asked me a question which made me rethink everything about my life, my ambitions and my sense of self. i realised im not happy, that there's something missing, and that i dont know who i really am any more

so i looked around on the net, and found this place. some of the things i have read, it seems to make a lot of sense to me, so i joined up, and now im kind of lost again, so i'd be very appreciative of any and all advice you guys and girls on here could give me.

Peace out.

2. urbangal

urbangal Member

Welcome home, friend! What part of england is Leicestershire in?
    Anyway, I'd say look around at the different forums and see which one really connects with you. Folks, for the most part are friendly and if you can hook up with some locals in the UK that would be even better. Nothing like hanging out with other like minded minds on real time. Did you check out the UK forum yet?

Happy travels!
    Urby

3. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

Wow elbow length hair sounds amazing dude, I can't wait for mine to be that long...long story cut short: Tight ass school.

4. peace057

peace057 Member

I think youre in the right place! What question did she ask you (if you dont mind me asking)?

5. unconcerned

unconcerned Member

cliche's are almost always correct and completely accurate. you can learn all the secrets to life through cliche's, but you'll never really understand them until you go through the ordeals yourself. so they are all useless anyhow...
    yay. :|
    wait, im only 20. ah, shit.
    peace.
    -wondercolor

6. Fallen_Seraph

Fallen_Seraph Member

Urby

Leicestershire is more or less middle of england, rains quite a lot.
    and yeah i have looked at the uk forum, but so far have yet to find anybody in my close area.

thanks Rhodesian Reject

yeah it took a while, and i get it trimmed every couple of months or else it goes all fluffy at the ends lol.

peace057,

the question she asked me was simply: Who are you?
    (now, ordinarily, it wouldnt have had an affect on me, but she and her son (my best friend) had been smokin, and not tobacco either, so i was feeling a litle bit odd to say the least)
    and that was it - i couldnt think of an answer. i opened my mouth, but no words came out. i just realised i that i didnt know. i didnt know anything about myself. i dont know what i want, i dont know who i am...
    i stayed there the night but i didnt sleep.
    this all happened at the end of november, so as a result of that i have had possibly the oddest christmas ever.

unconcerned, er...okay. i dont know what that means, but it sounds good anyway...

thanx all for bein so nice to a newbie.

Peace out.

7. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

Hullo out there, welcome to hip forums, hope you enjoy your time here.....

8. all_rhodesian_reject

Sweeet man, seriously can i get an idea of how long that takes to grow? Mines about 10cm at the moment...so not very long

9. Fallen_Seraph

Fallen_Seraph Member

I've let mine grow for a good 3 or 4 years now without having it properly cut. it was to go with my whole geek image, and its now around my elbows, even with having it trimmed every couple of months or so.

10. Lotus Butterfly

Lotus Butterfly Member

Welcome man! :) I feel like you are in the best place to be (not geographically although I'm sure England's quite nice). When you don't know who you are is when the best things start happening. When people find out who they are, they tend to attach themselves to that idea and may start to close themselves off to new ideas. At 30 years old, I realize that I don't know shit about shit. Yet I feel wiser all the time. It's good to remain open and realize that you will never cease to rediscover things about yourself and life as we know it. Enjoy the ride!

11. all_rhodesian_reject

wow thats ages! not as long as i thought though...so thats good...thank you...i had long hair (shoulder) when i was younger but my schools fucking so up its own ass its unreal...oh well 5 monthes left