Hey everyone

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by Woodpoppies, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Woodpoppies

Woodpoppies Member

Hey, My name is Katy Iam really interested in communal living
    Iam graduating this comming year and I really want a place were I can live with like minded people and learn more about myself.
    These questions are more to the people that live or lived in a commune.
    I was wondering whats involved? What do u do and what do you need to do to live in a commune ? Also are there any veggie friendly communes you know of on the EastCoast ? Any stories to share to help me learn more about communal live? I really would appreicate the help
    Thanks
    Peace<3
    Katy

2. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Hm... sorry can't help ya there. Maybe do a google search to see if u can find any communes where you are or where you're willing to move to? Best to contact them with what you need.

3. radishacorn

radishacorn Member

I live in a community called Acorn, in mineral VA. We have all vegetarian meals, and we don't have any animal agriculture. We run our own seed business and provide for the needs of our members. If we don't fit you check out also, thefec.org, ic.org,
    our home site is acorncommunity.org.
    Most communes require a short visit to see if you're a good fit, to set one up, call, write or email the community of your choice. You can visit many communities before you settle down, also living at any fec community basically ensures you will be able to visit other fec communities for free from time to time. I've seen most all the fec communities at this point.

4. RawAndNatural

RawAndNatural Member

Wow, that sounds really nice. I'm new to the idea of communal living. Thanks for those sites radishacorn.