hey coffee lovers

Discussion in 'Beverages' started by serena3, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

I'm to the point now to where I just inject it into my veins.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You should just have a transfusion done... Helped me.

3. meditation24h24

meditation24h24 Member

I like coffee not for the taste but for the buzz that it give. The little buzz of euphoria and calming effect. This is so pleasant with a cigarette I drink about 4-5 cup a day if i don't i find my day horrible. I have ADD and coffee work like a neurotransmitter stimulant for me.

4. serena3

serena3 Member

since I started hitting the booze hard I have been drinking a lot less coffee. coffe was my original doc.

5. sunrise5

sunrise5 Guest

I haven`t tried Starbucks coffee yet though it is constantly crossing my way.
    My everyday coffee is a freshly roasted Maragogype, Yellow Bourbon or Pacamara. On rare occasions I love to drink a cup of Jamaica Blue Mountain but that doesn`t occur very often, only once or twice a year. I drink my coffee without milk or sugar in it.

6. Lesser of Two Evils

Lesser of Two Evils Guest

Starbucks? Ohhhh, you mean Dairy Queen.

You can have it any color you want, as long as it's black.

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC7-y3BoyWo"]Humble Pie - Black Coffee - YouTube

8. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

I'll only drink tea if it's green, and every day's a tea party ;)

9. PsyGrunge

10. vicky_spd15

vicky_spd15 Newbie

Love to have coffee.

I am producing pure coffee powder at my home.

[​IMG]

11. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

what is pure coffee powder?

is that like micro grinding?

12. sandybrooke

sandybrooke Members

starbucks sucks. Ive been a coffee drinker 35+ yrs & spend time @ Barnes & Nobles. All my kids are readers, as I am & we would pick books, grab a coffee & drink over priced coffee or hot chocolate to discuss what we bought.

13. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Can't get the recipe right. For different brands of coffee it takes fewer scoops than others. I've had the coffee come out watery with my standard four scoops so I've taken to using five in that case. The scoop is a one tablespoon scoop.

14. Felice

Felice Members

I drink about 2 cups a day. Few years ago I heard that women, drinking more than 1 cup a day has less risks of getting cancer...Don't know if this is true, anyway this is not the reason I drink coffee, I just love it)

15. Arcadia

Arcadia Members

i'll admit, I do enjoy starbucks coffee.
    I've been making coffee more at home these days because a co worker told me about a great recipe.
    I've been blending my coffee coconut oil with cinnamon and stevia and it tastes delicious!!

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I lived on the white chocolate mochas at Starbucks. I loved them. :)

17. Woody72

Woody72 Members

Just read this whole thread and no one's mentioned the Aeropress?? I used to use a stove top mocha pot but switched to an Aeropress after I got one for Christmas. I buy 'Old Brown Java' beans from Whittards of Chelsea (a large UK independent roaster) and grind them in my own burr grinder (biggest lesson in home coffee? You HAVE to grind your own beans. I have NEVER bought pre-ground coffee that was a patch on home ground). Absolutely delicious!

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Lol. You read the whole thread?

19. PsyGrunge

Behold my fellow bean loving friends. Almost 10 years after my original postings here, my relationship with coffee has been most interesting, with lessons learned along the way both in coffee itself and my reactions to it.
    Probably going to get some stick for this, but here we go_Originally, I was addicted to the instant stuff. Nescafe dark blend... a.k.a. soil. Complete with adverse side effects, I would drink 5-6 cups of this stuff a day, and be riddled with stomach cramps, jitters and headaches towards the second half of the day. I tried to quit the stuff, and did a few times; but days, weeks and once even months went by.. I always got to the point of thinking 'I don't 'NEED' that stuff anymore, but I fancy treating myself'.. few days later and I was back to hitting the kettle first thing every morning, sometimes even before food.
    Years went on, and I eventually converted to fresh ground coffee and bought a cafetiere. Taylor's Hot Lava Java became my new staple brand; a mix of javan arabica and indonesia robusta, with a dark roast and high caffeine warning on the pack, which certainly came through in the experience. The stuff gave me a renewed understanding of the power, and dare I say it, the spirit of the coffee bean (going down the plant spirit shamanism road). However within a few months, it's strength was playing back on me and causing havoc on my adrenals; felt as if my body was strained. Which is where my research and experimentation began.

On learning more about robusta and arabica beans, the differences between the two, and coming to the realisation that all the coffee I had drank so for was either pure robusta or a blend; and how ignorant I'd been to coffee thus far, I went out to find a few different 100% arabica coffees, both instant and ground; and it was like drinking coffee for the first time. I'd become used to associating coffee with a speeding heart, headaches and jitters; yet something I felt was as natural to me as breathing. How wrong I was to ever become dependent on robusta coffees..

So behold, my friends, I bring to you the coffee which has been my definition of perfection over the last 2 years. Cafe Direct's 'Machu Picchu', 100% high-grown organic arabica coffee. Smells chocolatey, packs a punch, the buzz is well rounded and feels mighty without jitters; and there is absolutely no crashing on this stuff no matter how much you drink. I once thought Hot Lava Java gave me a renewed perspective of what coffee was all about, but I was way off the mark. THIS stuff, was a message from the coffee gods. "Stay with the arabica. Abandon the robusta. Do not allow any robusta blend to represent the coffee experience. The ONLY coffee experience, is 100% arabica coffee.".. and after 15 years of coffee drinking, I can say this with certainty.

[​IMG]?

Cafe Direct Machu Picchu - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0062YA2W4/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=psychedelian8-21&camp=1634&creative=6738&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B0062YA2W4&linkId=21829358cf0dfceccb68d3730fe3307d

Treat yourself.

1 person likes this.