He's not gonna be saying the pledge of allegiance

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by AmericanTerrorist, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ☉rtus ♉

☉rtus ♉ Waffle

How is that a 'redneck' statement? This isn't like america, she wasn't refusing to pledge allegiance to a country every single day, that I would understand, she was refusing to stand up to 'O-Canada'.. You don't even have to sing, nobody sings...

We do it once a week, its just a respectful thing to do, you should have pride in your country, you shouldn't think your country is above any other, but you should still have pride nonetheless, its your home. What is so wrong with standing up for a few minutes once a week, in respect for the people that died for your country? Sure war is fucked and corrupt, but innocent people still died thinking it was right, for you, me, her, and everyone else in that room.

She was a stuck up bitch who was all anti-everything because she thought it was cool. Biggest fucking poser I ever met in my life. If you want to do shit like that, do it where it counts. Don't just sit there thinking you're so badass for not participating with the other little children, get off your lazy ass and do shit about it instead, thats how you make a fucking difference, not by sitting in silence.

P.S. - I wouldn't be caught dead in camo ;)

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Deviate, You feeling grumpy a lil today? ;)

3. deviate

deviate Senior Member

I'm grumpy every day anymore haha. Might as well be a 75 year old man with a walker.

Well, I have to get to bed and be at work in 5 hours 45 mins. Where I will continue to bitch and moan until I have my coffee, then once that wears off bitch until my lunch around 2 pm, and once that wears off.. bitch until I close the shop at 7 pm.

Deviate out.

4. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Senior Member

Hello,

now I have a mental image of you, thanks ;).

I have to leave in an hour or so and I still have to pack my bag. But I already have coffee ;).

Good night ;)
    Gyro

5. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yeah.. seriously I gotta be up in.. don't even wanna think about it.. when ever my two year old gets up so i don't even know why i'm still here/awake.

Good night! and turn off the damn machine now

6. lode

lode Banned

Died for your country? Didn't Canada get independence in 1982 by asking the Queen if it'd be ok?

7. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

1867, but who's counting?

8. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

I agree with you completely. Its horrifying how the American Establishment tries to breed these mantras like "Do you love your country" and "they hate our freedom" and shit like "I back the President".

Its just like Hitler's Germany.

Even in Britain, foreigners come in and are told "you must pledge allegiance to the (so called) Queen". WTF is this shit.

I go to football matches and they've brought this American thing in of having soldiers parading. And the tannoy says "please show your appreciation for our brave troops". So I'm one of about 10% not clapping. And I think "fucking State terrorists kissing Dick Cheney's arse (or whoever's pulling the strings now).

Anyone who can't look at their country objectively is just an idiot. Its the exact same nuts who propagate this "patriotism" stuff who are sending western workers jobs over to China.

I have no identification with the British Establishment or its invasions. I couldnt have any affinity with the nonsense the American right does.
    I do however have strong views against 3rd world immigration and against loss of British jobs etc and proud of stuff like defeating the Germans/Armistice etc. I'm only proud of what we should be proud of. Not the "my country right or wrong" bullshit.

Even today, little kids in the scouts have to salute a pic of that bitch who calls herself the "Queen". Fucking bullshit!

9. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Just like Nazi Germany? History isn't you're strong suit.

Want to say the pledge? Fine. Don't want to say it? Fine. Doing either doesn't make you any more enlightened than someone doing to other. Get over yourselves.

10. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Well well.. u do like following up my posts don't you Mr Conservastalker...
    How many times is that now?
    :rolleyes:

I think the best advert for NOT politicising kids is yourself...
    You live in rather a fantasy world.

Now do us all a favour and get back to talking about how much you loved Margaret Thatcher...even tho u knew nothing about her... :rolleyes:

11. Sig

Sig Senior Member

I'm not a conservative; never have been. I understand your need to try and make everyone fit into your narrow little word view though.

Really, I'm a good example? I remember reciting the pledge in school maybe a dozen times (certainly no more than that) growing up, and it never happened after I was around 9. Yeah, you're right though, that is some hardcore politicizing there.

12. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

It's funny, because when I was in school I never thought much about the pledge. I guess it was indoctrinated into me so that it seemed "normal." However, looking back on it, there is something very scary about the whole concept of the Pledge of Allegiance. I don't have allegiance to anyone or anything, and certainly not a piece of real estate separated by imaginary lines drawn on a map. Nationalism and patriotism are two things I cannot stand. I despise globalism, too.

When people pledge allegiance, do they even know what they're pledging allegiance to, much less children who don't even have a clue? It's all about indoctrination and "getting them while they're young," though it seems that these days the schools are doing more to promote the globalist vs. patriotic end of the indoctrination, since the country is on its way out, and soon US patriotism will be irrelevant. Children will be pledging allegiance to their world government -- not "their" country.

13. Sig

Sig Senior Member

Can't quite get onboard with everything there, Rat. Still, well said.

14. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

As a child, I had no idea what saying the pledge meant. It didn't set any impressions then or on me throughout my life. Yet, I have always been patriotic. I've loved being American, and love it still. I'm honored to say the pledge.

As for being "indoctrinated": I grew up with a feminist mother. I've had to unlearn a lot of concepts that the movement believes in. I think eventually we all arrive at our own decisions despite what we're taught. At least, that is how it is suppose to happen.

15. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

We died for her country. That's why we only needed to ask.

16. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

I haven't read this entire thread, but I did LOL at the OP for wanting to homeschool. Your kid will be royally fucked, as if he isn't already enough.

17. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Da fuk is your problem?

How does homeschooling a child fuck them up? Are you saying the state knows what's better for children than their own parents? If so, they have certainly done a number on you.

18. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Well as a parent of 6 married to a person that has worked with elementary school aged children for well over 25 years and owners of a business that directly deals with/teaches elementary school kids daily I will say that it takes unique parent/child to pull off home schooling with success.

The BIGGEST detriment we have seen consistently over the last 20 years is a lot of children that are home schooled, while often excelling academically are often crippled socially. We have noticed that being socially crippled by not engaging in the day to day social interaction is far more detrimental in the long run than lower grades.

Along with that we have also noticed that many private schools are not filled with junior Einsteins, but more often than not with children who for whatever reason can't hack it in public school. We have noticed that mostly with Montessori type schools, probably due to their "free-form" educational concept, which really sucks.
    We have seen that time and time again.

While on the topic one other trend we have noticed is the increasing inability of small children, 3-6, to be able to manage fine hand-eye coordination, and a lack of comprehension when it comes to applying manual dexterity to solve a problem.
    We both attribute that to the increased use by the very young of video game controllers and targeting by games manufactures of that age group.
    These kids can push buttons like nobody's business, but try to teach them to assemble something or weave rope, forget it. Not only is there a lack of the motor skills, there is often a deficit in there spacial awareness concerning such tactile problems.

Any who, I personally am not in favor of home schooling for the majority of kids.
    The social education they get from daily interaction with peers in a school setting is invaluable in growing a well adjusted human and isn't very easy to replicate or replace.
    Now these are my opinions based on my wife's and I's observations over the last 20+ years, take it for what you will.
    :mickey:

and PR, your constant "I hate everything" attitude and stance renders a lot of what you say as meaningless blabber.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Why? I don't think everyone is fit to homeschool their children but it works well for some. I have a friend who was homeschooled as well as all of her siblings and they're all very successful people - college educated, jobs they're passionate about. Home schooling doesn't hold everyone back, it can really depend on the parents and how they are schooled.

20. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

This, like I said it takes a unique combo of parent/child to be successful.
    But in our experience often people who don't posses the education needed decide to home school for lame reasons such as the OP. Those are the ones who most often fail at home schooling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.