He's gone.....

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by GreenEyedLady, Jun 2, 2004.

1. GreenEyedLady

GreenEyedLady Member

So my boy left last week. He had to go back to Ireland where he's from. We had gotten so close, spent so much time together, had fallen so in love. I feel like someone has ripped my heart out. I'm numb, and when I'm not numb, I'm bawling my fucking eyes out. Sobbing, so hard that it makes me gag...so hard I can't breathe. I don't know what to do. We've talked on the phone, we text message one another every day. I can't do it. I need him back here. I've never been so sad in my life. Never felt pain like this before. I want it to stop. What am I gonna do?

2. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

move to ireland :)

3. jamestowne

jamestowne Member

AND SING! Signing realeses emotions. Sing the blues. Muddy Waters' 24 hours.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I misseded my baby last night. Oh baby from holdin you here in my arms.......... She's (or he's) been gone twenty four hours, and that's twenty three hours too long!

or

Now look what you Done! Now look what you done!
    Now look what you done baby, just look what you done!
    You left me here,
    the lonley one,
    and all I can say
    is look what you done!

or

I got the blues so bad it hurst my feet to walk
    I hate it so bad and hurts my tounge to talk

Sorry but the blues helped through a lot! I agree though, go to Ireland!!

4. xZx

xZx Member

yeh go to ireland!! tis a muchas pretty place too!

5. GreenEyedLady

GreenEyedLady Member

Oh God, how I wish it were that easy.

6. kier

kier I R Baboon

what are your plans then? how old are the 2 of you?

7. GreenEyedLady

GreenEyedLady Member

I wish we had a plan right now. We're supposed to talk about it tonight. I don't know what we're going to do. I just landed my dream job here in Seattle, and he's got a daughter he doesn't want to leave in Ireland. What a fucking disaster. I have never been at such a loss before. I think he's willing to come back someday, but I don't know when, or whether or not it'd be permanent. The last thing I want to do is interfere with his relationship with his little girl either. Ack! I guess I'll find out when we talk later, what's going to happen.

Wish me luck...send some good karma my way, I'm gonna need it.

8. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

will do hun! good luck! *crosses fingers*

9. Spinner

Spinner Member

:) I just what you to know that whatever you need, I'm here for you.

10. jamestowne

jamestowne Member

I hate to tell you this but it sounds like you should just get over him. If you're not going to Ireland and he's not going to live here you might just be torturing yourself. Maybe keep in touch after you're over him but trying to hold on to someone you can't have is gonna be rough. I do wish you the best of luck, though. Don't forget to sing!

11. Cryptoman

Cryptoman Member

If it's a matter of a dream job versus the man of your dreams......I don't see what the problem is. A job is a ...job. It's what you do for a living. A relationship is more powerful than anything a job can bring you. Move to Ireland.

Peace and Love to you

12. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

Hey Sarah-

I would somewhat agree that the relationship is more important than the job depending on how serious this relationship is and how much importance this job has overall. I will admit that some professions are just too important to give up just like that. If you're truly doing something that will bring you satifaction, then it's not that easy to just give up and move.

However, if you decide that he's worth taking that risk over, I can tell you from first hand observations that Ireland would be one of the easier countries to move to. Not too hard to find a job out there and their immigration policies don't seem as tough as UK or even Canada. And they tend to like Americans over there more than most of the European countries. Just some food for thought.

Or you might just have a damned good reason to go there for your vacation, if you want to try to keep your options open. Go visit him and feel out the situation. See if it's worth the move, or if he's willing to move back.

But I'm rambling now, so I'll just end by wishing you luck in whatever you decide to do.

Brian aka Mono

13. Da Solo

Da Solo Member

I agree, dump the job.

If it is your dream job use it as a spring to get into something similar in Ireland.

Join a recruitment agency... There can't just be one job that would fulfill your dreams in life?

When someone gets into your heart you need to be with them.

I hope it all works out for you:)

Much Love and Luck

Da Solo

14. GreenEyedLady

GreenEyedLady Member

Right. So we talked Monday night and decided that it was too torturous to continue contact, and that we should give it a rest until it got easier for both of us. Then, of course that didn't last long. We couldn't not talk. That's crazy. We're going to try and make it work. I'll do whatever it takes. It's not about the job, I was just scared I guess. Fuck, who am I kidding? I'd move to Iraq to be with this man if that's what it took. I've made up my mind. I will save every last penny and if that's what it takes to be with him, then I'm about to be an Irish citizen soon. Nobody's ever affected me like this, and there's no way we're going to let this go.

Thanks for all the advice you guys. You rock. Now any adive you wanna offer on moving to another country, and long-distance relationships....I'm all ears.

Love you guys.