he's going to die

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by headymoechick, Jan 5, 2005.

1. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

what are you talking about "my staus"?

and why do you think that post helps at all.

he's really in trouble now and the first thing I see is this.

all you accomplished is making me feel like shit.

2. headymoechick

be a man and respond. I'm too pissed off to let this go. I find out my friend is in the fucking hospital and now I find some guy shooting his mouth off.

Seriously, you just had to make your point, now back it up.

3. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

headymoe doesnt think she is ever above everyone else and that really has nothing to do with this thread anyways so your just trying to start something..and btw she apologized to duck so you are just bringing it back up...
    and that last statement was pretty shitty and ignorant on your part...

4. headymoechick

whatever.

this situation from yesterday put me in an awful mood

think whatever you want

I hope you really feel better about yourself anyway

5. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

yeah i would honestly suggest him just smoking some opium itself to wean himself off or talk him into going to rehab or maybe getting methadon to wean off.

good luck... people addicted to h is really really sad. my husband was addicted to it for almost two years.... this was seven years ago and he had finally went to rehab (twice, ran away the first time) and hasnt done it in seven years now. it was tough for him though. heroin withdrawl is really really painful.

6. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

and geez.. people are assholes. ignore that idiot. :)

7. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

I pm back to headjobchick but since its a discussed issue here ill post it here too

"
    lets see hmm thrown insults.. cant see any..

i was telling you of how you have, from the posts ive seen, acted as if your above the people you are posting to.

in terms of how valid that is, i got reputation from someone (not duck) telling me that it was good someone said this to you.

Besides that, i inferred an extension on the above in the last sentance.

Unless you are denying what vie been saying is true, then i dont see a problem. do you consider yourself to be a modest, humble, passive person?

And in terms of me being only 17, it doesnt change the situation at all, i dont pretend to be an adult looking down on younger teenagers

lets have a look at your posts:

ok so first off we establish that you dont know what the situation is. so, you are asking other people for advice.

again, a statement of questioning and not understanding.

ok thats established then

yet you call this guy you care for so much a dumbass, even though you dont have any idea of how his mind is working?

umm yeh, maybe realise that you are not much older, and you are the one who doesnt understand your own issue, let alone someone else's over the internet

well neither do you really, the way you keep referring to your relationship with questions of 'why does he do this' and 'i dont understand!'

yes of course because your emotional problems are SO important compared to issues concerning your friend dying.

hes stupid? excuse me, you have no idea about why he hangs out with those people, or why hes married to that woman, or why hes throwing his life away. you are jduging him by your own standards, when you have admitted multiple times to not knowing anything about his motives.

as you said, you really THINK hes a dumbass. whether he is or isnt is not for you to judge until you have an idea of why he lives like that. he probably is a dumbass, but you dont talk to him about it, so you cant judge it. you can say 'i think hes doing the wrong thing' but not 'hes a fuckin dumbas'

now im not saying im perfect, but i think this clears up why i made the statements i did

I gave me constructive critisism. if you couldnt construct anything with it, dont get angry with me!

besides, my last comment was very valid and has not been adressed. you dont want to talk to his wife because of your friendship, so tehrefor you put your status in his chain of relationships higher importance than trying to save his life. if it was casual use then sure, keep a secret, but when you think it might be the end of it, then dont you think his life is more important than your pride?

"

8. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

wtf is that a term paper :D

9. headymoechick

You have no clue what the situation is. Period. I came here to ask for dosage info. I've done herion. Just not a lot and 8 grams in 4 days sounded like a lot to me. So I asked. I also asked for support because it's hard to watch him die. And now he IS dying so why don't you get off my back. Don't you have anything better to do?

10. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

your silly for not talking to him earlier. now, im not calling you names or anything, but lok, hes in the hospital! how do you think i felt comming to my friend in tears, begging him to get help?!
    you waited to long, now hes inn the hospital. everyone here neds to quit arguing, someone is DYING! (that goes for you too headymoechick! it only takes up time you could be finding help!)
    i had a big informative response writted but it got erased somehow when i tried to post it, and i dont feel like typing, in short
    1. he needs YOU, since you seem to be the only one who cares
    2. methadone seems very needed here
    3. you dont seem to fully understand the power of dope, watch trainspotting.
    4. PM me with updates, questions, ect. i have a lot of experience in addiction/withdrawls/treatments.

11. headymoechick

ok I did talk to him a while ago. he told me the reason he was with his wife is because she is so self obessed that she won't notice. She's in Vancouver right now. She was contacted that he was in the hospital and isn't coming back right away. He told me a few weeks ago he would try and cut down because I cared so much. He even told me he wished he had asked me out way back when which freaked me out a little bit. But what he explained is if I told her, she would divorce him, he would shoot herion anyway, and it would just make things more stressful.

If you know herion addicts more than I, you know no matter waht anyone says, it won't make them stop. Just a bit more guilt. I realized this and decided to just be there for him if he needs me.

THis isn't the first person I've seen get fucked up or die from herion so I know a thing or two, but I never understand how it's worth it in the end. THat's why I think it's so stupid.

But anyway it's just so hard for me right now. I know it's harder for him if he's still in there and his famliy (although I haven't seen any of them I'm sure they are visiting him). I don't think anything I could have said would have saved him. I hope not. I tried to make him realize how much I care and how much I want him to stop.

All I want now is for him to pull out.

12. Gr8fulyDeadicated

Gr8fulyDeadicated Member

bullshit.

pardon me, but your ignorance is showing......

13. velvet

velvet Banned

Who's ignorance? I think you're referring to yourself... using drugs has nothing to do with intelligence.. people from all walks of life use drugs and can get addicted.. addiction itself is something that some people are more vulnerable to than others, it's biologically.. like when you're mom's an alcoholic, you're more likely to become addicted to stuff yourself as well.

What you're basically saying is that only dumb people use drugs and that's just so.. well.. ignorant. It's has way more to do with selfdiscipline and selfconfidence (like standing up to peerpressure) etc etc..

14. Gr8fulyDeadicated

Gr8fulyDeadicated Member

let me rephrase that...

bullshit.

pardon me, but your ignorance is showing......

THIS statement i agree with. i apologize for the misunderstanding. addiction has nothing to do with self control, it's all about drugs controlling you. and the mistaken belief that you can take the drug, without the drug taking you.

15. Gr8fulyDeadicated

Gr8fulyDeadicated Member

i never meant to imply that at all. i know that's not true.

16. velvet

velvet Banned

ahhh... wait.. miscommunication.. you mean that selfdiscipline and selfcontrole are of little use when it comes to drugaddiction? Like.. the drugs control you so it's nearly impossible (without help) to battle it on your own?

With that, I fully agree :)

17. velvet

velvet Banned

What I meant with 'standing up against peer pressure' is that this is what you need to avoid drugs in the first place.. if you're already addicted than this doesn't really help anymore.. although these characteristics can make rehabilitation less hard.

18. Gr8fulyDeadicated

Gr8fulyDeadicated Member

i agree, that you need to avoid drugs in the first place. i've always figured i saw so many good people go down, what makes me think i'm any better/stronger/smarter than them? hell, i can't even quit smoking cigarettes. i WOULD be a junkie if i ever started, so my self control is not to start.

i don't think being able to stand up to peer pressure really matters once you are addicted though. by then, most addicts don't give a rat's ass what their peers think. or their wives, children, parents, grandparents, friends.......

i haven't met a single addict that could kick it on their own. or kick it without personally really wanting to. first though, has to come the wanting to quit - and from headymochick's posts it sounds like her friend isn't to that point yet.

sorry, hmc - YOU need a support group. don't take this as a personal failure, it's not your fault.

19. velvet

velvet Banned

Yeah.. it's strange how that works.. I've smoked weed a few times.. I smoked cigs a couple of times (when I got one offered), I drink alcohol at social things.. but none of it really did anything for me.. even cigarettes.. I have a whole package at home (overhere we blend tobacco with weed and often cigs are used for that) but I couldn't care less.. used one cigarette a few months ago and never touched it again. But chocolate.. now that's another thing.. I can't go a day without.. there is said to be a thingie in it that makes you addicted and mimics the 'happy' chemicals.. maybe that's why.. but it's sooooo jummy! It's way more harmless but it still kinda annoys me that I can't go without ;)

Yup true.. and that's the hardest part.. although I think that may differ from drug to drug.. alcoholics seem to be more easy to 'deal with' than people on crack or heroin.. it's probably what the drugs do to them, especially to their emotions.. plus it'll differ from person to person.. the key is not to give up hope and keep caring but avoid being dragged down with the addict.

20. velvet

velvet Banned

Fully agree.. an addict needs a strong will to quit PLUS an environment that is helpfull (like good friends, good therapy, good family etc). Without one of the two it's nearly impossible.. in fact, without the will of his/her own, it IS impossible.

Yup.. headymoechick.. try finding a supportgroup for friends/family of addicts.. if there aren't any specific ones or even general ones, try finding people in the same situation online for 'cyber support' or go to the local AA for some advice (addicts are addicts, the specifics may differ with the drug, but they do have a lot in common).. best of luck to you and take care of yourself, so you're strong enough to be there for him when he realises that he needs to change his life. Sometimes you even have to let people hit the very low before they realise how to get back onto their feet.. just stand by and be there for him.. but make it his responsibility.. don't let him drag you down.