Heroin

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by Pressed_Rat, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Good documentary about the heroin epidemic in the US...

Lots of people are ODing these days.

Do you know anyone who has died from heroin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeU2tDRTlMM&t=129s

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I do. My friend Ryan and my friend Josh. :(

3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Thankfully, I don't. Although my state has quite the problem.

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Neither do I. But I have seen friends of friends on Facebook who have died, and it seems a lot of the people dying are just regular people from the suburbs. Not the stereotypically druggy types traditionally associated with heroin.

5. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Same here, actually. Although locally it seems more of an opioid problem than a heroin problem, specifically.

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I've never even seen Heroin, the only person to ever tell me they had done Heroin that I recall at the moment was the late HF member Cosmoknot, but he said he preferred Dilaudid. I am not sure what got him, he was quite excessive with poly drug use .

I'm kind of surprised I haven't known more people into Heroin because I've lived near some big cities and done a few drugs, but I've heard of some of the problems, on the East Coast in particular.

1 person likes this.
  7. Michael Phelps

Michael Phelps Am I being detained?

More than one.

8. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Dr. Phil did an episode on the heroin epidemic where I used to live. It's kidna weird cuz it was a normal middle class town. Some people I went to high school with and played sports with have died from it. Sad. One kid I played football with and skated with whn we were like 15 Od'd on it a few years ago. Couldn't believe it when I found out.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

my cousin last summer. i feel like there was someone else i'm forgetting about (obviously not as close, but someone i kind of knew), but i can't think of who it would have been so maybe i'm mixing that up with some other premature cause of death.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont know anyone here nor have I heard about it being a problem here but I know in other parts of the state it is more common. And i'm sure its around here, i just dont know anyone who has even tried it.

I do know someone who died from an oxycontin overdose

11. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I befriended a drifter once when I had a studio apartment all to myself a few years ago. I let him crash at my place for one night. When I left my apartment for no more than 10 minutes, I came back to find him smoking heroin off of a spoon and he didn't even have the courtesy to open the window. I never allowed him to come back ever since.

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

only online

i dont associate with heroin types or crackheads in my life

13. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Down the Jersey Shore / Pine Barrens we have a Heroin epidemic.

Don't personally know anyone who has passed on, but a few who are incarcerated.

I can not open up my newspaper without reading about heroin deaths and also huge busts, featuring hundreds of wax folds of heroin.

We are in exurbia as the experts say, the most distant concentric ring of suburbs from Times Square, NYC...... Pluto. and its really no
    place for young people to be. No trains for commuters to urban jobs. Tons of senior citizen housing. Yeah, its Rocks in Summer with tourists, Think MTV, Jersey Shore & Snooke,

In Winter, Jobs line tourism, construction, landscaping, marine services, restaurants, dry up. Its boring for the young and many of them leave to LasVegas, New Orleans & NYC.

Others are tempted to turn to dope and I hear you can get high for $3.

Those who used to say: I'm cool, I only snort it, I'm safe" , well now they die too because the fetymill cut is so deadly.

With the advent of the Narcan rescue kits, some heroin deaths are averted. It masks the problem by keeping death out of the newspapers; but it is shocking to know that elementary school nurses are now equipped with narcan kits. For some users it may just postpone the date with the ultimate reality.

We are in Trump country, and its is shocking to see the correlation between dope use and Trump voting in exurban towns in New Jersey. this phomenea needs to be explored.

We also have tons and tons of narcs and its very easy to get busted by accident; LEOS just stumbling into a pot bust.

There is no austerity or job cuts for the task forces, and other law enforcement. an maybe its a good thing.

14. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

No, but I know some people who I hope will die from heroin,

Lots of hippies can be junkies too, as this forum has shown.

15. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

In New Hampshire and Maine the numbers are staggering and 96% are Caucasian

Hotwater

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

about a dozen street people I know around my neighborhood, a few (not close) relatives .. one those died last month. carfentanil is some powerful bug killer.. and I mean that with the most deepest sincerity.

17. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I've known friends of friends who get into it and died. It's surprising how many people think it can be a recreational thing. They would say they just snort it sometimes and it's cool because they can deal with the withdrawals. It's just a way to party a little bit sometimes. I wish I could ask some of these people if they know the story of Jerry Garcia since they like his band so much.

I just saw the documentary posted by Pressed Rat too and kind of like that these people start in with pain pills. I guess they think it's different because it's from a doctor. I know when I messed with those that was my thinking. It was only a couple times but I got mild withdrawals. The kind of effects that seem to be much worse with heroin use.

18. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Well it doesn't appear many here have done heroin, so I may more or less be typing/thinking out loud, maybe those of you who had friends into it and have discussed it, can provide some insight...

I'm wondering if most of the appeal of Heroin is based on it's reputation? Or perhaps it really is THAT "Good" of a High? Or somewhere in between?
    I get the impression that some of Heroin's popularity is that users find something almost kind of fashionable or redeeming in it, the phrase "Heroin Chic" immediately comes to mind.

Perhaps in it's current incarnation, the heroin spike is almost like a reactionary subculture to mainstream society and other drug cultures as well, such as the techno-tribalistic, visceral, empathetic, sprawling , mind-expanding idealism of the Psychedelic, Raver and Burner Cultures, Or a rejection of the glamorous and perceived affluence of the Cocaine Culture. Maybe heroin provides a means to shut off all the noise from television, social media, technology, and accelerated pace of society in general.

I've only done a few opioids, (Opium, Vicodin, Oxycodone) and have yet to really see much appeal in any of them recreationally, personally I even found percocet pretty inefficient used medicinally as a pain killer as well. But drugs affect people differently and I think I can kind of relate to the appeal with what I like about Ketamine (Special K), based on reports I've read from what addicts seek in Heroin. While a different class of drugs, they both tend to provide a euphoric blanketing effect over the body, making all sensations of pain or worry disappear and essentially render the objective 'real' world obsolete. Except with H, it is my understanding that apparently the mind quiets down as where with K, the mind does pretty much the exact opposite and occupies itself with fantastical, surreal imagery and fractured non-sensical thoughts, but the body shuts down, so there are no signals to connect with to the real world to have to have to confront these perceptions in the way which many other mind-expanding drugs do. I'm thinking Heroin's ability to quiet the mind down has got to be one of it's primary appeals to users, because aside from that, I think several other drugs can do what it does, perhaps even better and with less side effects.

19. mizzymorrison

mizzymorrison Sage

I used to use heroin. I had three of my friends od, including one of my best friends. And a buddy I grew up with in the neighborhood. I miss them so much.

20. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned