Heroin Users Take Over San Francisco BART Station

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by deleted, Apr 27, 2018.

1. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

I did see that. Clean up the area means what? Removing them or simply cleaning up after them? San Diego spends fortunes cleaning up after them.

In San Diego it means temporarily moving them, cleaning up the urine, feces and piles of debris, then relocating them back to where they were removed from. Meanwhile keeping them comfortable while they are displaced for clean up.

That clean up budget is millions. I'll find the link. It was sobering. That's one view of clean up.

They interviewed one homeless dude about being displaced. He was of course all upset that he had to move. The most telling moment of the interview for me was when he said, he has been living like this for 10 years!.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Ya see that folks. A state where they have legalized Marijuana .. Junkies still use heroin.

Beach Ball Lady Balls likes this.
  3. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

Estimated 22 000 intravenous drug users in sf that use openly in parks and other areas.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah, exactly, its an issue everywhere and affecting all walks of life

5. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

You start by making being convicted of dealing drugs punishable by death if its over a certain value. Punishable by mandatory life without parole if you are a lower level dealer.

That ought to start deterring the incentive to deal drugs. Drugs are so stupidly cheap. Meth is stupidly easy to make. We need to take out the incentive to make the drugs available.

6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

You guys are gonna hate me, but the only thing about this that upsets me is that they are doing it in public.

Really too libertarian to have much opinion on what other people put into their bodies.

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm with you for the most part unless it effects kids. Cant stand hearing on the news that a meth lab was busted and kids were living there, or that someone OD'd in front of their kids. Or a baby had to be detoxed immediately following birth. Ugh, it kills me

Addiction is tricky. If it only impacted the person making that choice it wouldnt be a problem, but it can affect so many lives.

But I think addiction should be approached as a public health and a mental health issue. Not a criminal one

8. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Typical response by the left to a major problem...
    Let’s set up shooting galleries (we offer you needles and disposal of those needles)so that the problem is there but we don’t have to see it and good working people don’t have to see it anymore! 22 thousand people at a minimum offered tools to continue doing what they do! If it is hidden it isn’t there. Here is housing for you too while workers can not afford to live there. Brilliant, become an addict, or pretend to be one and you can thrive until you die!

mcme likes this.
  9. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

San Francisco is wasting enough money on solutions that aren't working.

Heck, they have robots that shoo homeless people off the streets. That must've cost a fortune.

[​IMG]

Just send the robots down these tunnels and see what happens.

Orison and Beach Ball Lady Balls like this.
  10. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The BART employee who works for the transportation company said that. The mayor said they are putting $13 million towards the issue to clean up the streets but the report mentioned that the BART tunnel walkways, where the people are shooting up, are technically out of jurisdiction.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

Heroin is a super cheep drug. Its black market presence is just there to control people, engineered helplessness.

12. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Another thing to think about. Most of the heroin in the USA comes from Mexico. Wonder why California wants an open border? California also holds 25% of the nations unemployed and on welfare. And 30% of the nations illegals. Coincidence? Democrats support it because it ensures future votes and the cost is to the people. Let’s give them drivers licences too, which will open up doors for them to receive other benefits.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, that was my immediate thought too. my town is way smaller than SF so we don't have a subway or hundreds of people to pass out in it, but people sit in parks or parking lots and shoot up pretty openly here too, and this town is redneck as fuck.

if this was in dallas people would be saying it's made up by CNN.

Meliai likes this.
  14. Noserider

Man, people who don't live here loooooooovvve to bitch about California.

15. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

There should be rehab, but there isn't. It's like everything is NA. Maybe that's not so bad. I had a rough time of it getting off all the drugs, but I didn't do rehab in the end.

EDIT: Do 12 step programs work for people who need to get off of heroin?

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i thought it was the opposite. people who don't live in california want to move there, and people that live there seem to bitch about it all the time.

17. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

There seems to be a contingent that doesn't care for California who are from other states. I don't necessarily mean people on the forum, though there may be some comments from that sector too. I'm not entirely sure what it's about, but I suspect that it could be that many Californians represent themselves as thinking they are the shit because they are from California.

18. Noserider

Locals do whine a lot too, but most of them are still here, so...

19. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Yep discussed before. As long as they increase the number of bodies with pulses to cast the right vote.

And in case you didn't know 25% if the entire nation's homeless live there.

If only Trump could put a fence up around it.

Heeeeyyyy maybe that could work.

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i whine all the time about where i am, and i do legitimately want to leave.

but, i actually will leave relatively soon, so i suspect i'm different from the whiny locals you're referring to.