Hermits be your own community resources

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by jonny2mad, May 14, 2004.

1. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

everyone is so keen on pushing multi person community

does anyone feel the urge to hermit

hermits and people who live in solitude are eco-friendly they dont for the most part cause wars wouldnt it be better if we encouraged more hermits

you can hermit at any time and for any period

found a great website for hermits and fans of hermiting

http://www.hermitary.com

nice online book bit religous but otherwise interesting

http://www.seclusion.com

anybody interested in hermits please post

2. Xiola

Xiola One Lonely Seagull

I would like to be a hermit too Good Jonathon.

On an island with chickens maybe!:)

3. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I've been wanting to do that more and more lately. People think it's such a bad thing...maybe because of that crazy that bombed the abortion clinics. And the Unabomber. And Osama Bin Laden. And those crazy Texans that think they're in their own country..... and Ruby Ridge....

For the sake of my reputation, however, I might stay in my little community... :)

4. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Sounds Good!

5. sonik

sonik Member

Can you have imaginary friends?

6. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Your post is well-appreciated. I lived a solitary life for well over fifteen years and would actually continue to do so were it not for the fact that my house payments and decision to return to school have pinched me financially.

I have two housemates who contribute financially. When I lived as a hermit I felt the ultimate control over most everything; what I ate, when I ate, what products I bought, how much of something I'd consume. When you share, the resources are difficult to measure.

There are definitely negative social implications put upon the single person. I can attest to this first had coming from the travel industry. The term "double-occupancy" is a standard with hotels and cruise liners. If you travel alone, you pay a premium for it.

On a separate note... and this may not really apply here, but I'll mention it anyway, there is an issue on solitude with followers of Wicca. Some folks need a group or coven while others practice their faith a solitary practitioners. The power and belief is not diminished by the solitary practitioner.

Thanks again for creating this thread ! I added to your reputation :)

7. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I am a natural born hermit. I love people but can't stand to be around them.

8. oldwolf

oldwolf Waysharing-not moderating Super Moderator

Yah I always see out of sight and sound locations - and we are in process - so hurry and pick out your spot before all the good ones are taken LOL
    each location has a 1 a. privacy and like said out of sight and sound of any other so the # is limited accordingly, but we do have the opportunity to buy more land.
    too bad that SOB running things here has fouled things up so much, immigration's a bitch
    For more info the old personal forum is best http://www.hipforums.com/forumdisplay.php3?FID=111

Any Way you go ... Blessings with you all.

9. Phoenix

Phoenix Member

Hi Oldwolf,

I was just wondering, so does your vision of community consist of multiple hermit-like existences living on the same big property? It sounds a little like a lot of separated ones sharing some common resources instead of it being like one big family. Is this correct?

Love,
    Phoenix (Julie)

10. oldwolf

oldwolf Waysharing-not moderating Super Moderator

Hi Julie,

My whole focus has always Been to be true to Self - going toward Wholeness - as such it is always an individual Path. We may at times share the Way we walk with others, but we always must listen to our hearts and follow and be true to Self. Links with right action, but more than anything opening to intuition and listening and following the heart.
    We are all alone on our individual quest to come home to our personal connection to our godself - yet we are all connected in the Whole ...- Family means many different things from nuclear family to extended family. Rainbows call everyone involved as family - in so far as that concept (the rainbow concept of including all as family - "A" camp and all - and I do not wish to be part of that energy) - no I do not see this attempt as one big family but tend more to look for those of like-mindedness which is not always found within family - within my own family I do not see any of my 7 siblings nor my own 2 boys with whom it would be mutually beneficial or even desirable to do community with. At the same time I consider any community has a need to have family energy involved (kids) to keep us from getting lost in stagnant conceptulizations that tend to keep us in our ruts. Every incoming member should change the community because each much have room to address their own visions and dreams.
    I have always felt a need for space, and look to being out of sight and sound as fulfilling that need - many others I have talked with feel the same need. To all live together in 1 location (building - or very close like houses in a village) - is not something I would feel drawn to.
    Hope this helps clear up your question

---------------------------
    We enhance the quality of Existence
    We fulfill our potential in a manner beneficial to All
    We seek Full Awareness, Total Cooperation
    and Complete Union with our GodSelf

Surrounded by Love........ Mind Creates the concept
    Full of Love.....................Desire provides the motivation
    Channels of Love.............Doing is the test
    One with Love

Life is an opportunity and becomes what you make of it

May the Light of Love ever Guide your Way
    Grow on ... Enjoy !

Peace Blessings
    Love

oldwolf
    nomadhermit@hotmail.com
    Waysharer@yahoo.com

11. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

i have full intentions of after college, going to the woods to be a hermit/journalist/river guide

12. celeste

celeste Member

I've lived alone in the country for the past 14 years,I love it! In the mornings it's so quiet,the Herons stand on the fringes of the pond and slowly scope out their breakfast.Early evening,the owls start their crazy calling out,it sounds like a jungle!(I lived in ATL. listened to live music 'til 4 a.m. Partied hard,never stayed home!) Never did I ever imagine I'd actually live and love this kind of life! I'm 'that woman down the road with all the animals' ,ha! I don't have electricity,use oil lanterns& candles. I have a well for my water. I must've been a prairie chick in a past life!"People say I'm crazy"JohnLennon