Here's an update on me

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by interval_illusion, May 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i wanna take a break from drinking but i will get bad withdrawl if i do. im so afraid.

any advice, i DONT wanna go back to detox. i hated it there.

2. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

Yes I have some advice. Take the pain. It's delightful in the most hysterically horrifying way imaginable. But don't take my word on It. You said it yourself, I am a looser, numerous times. So drink it up! Party time! Yay! We are pathetic, fucked up american fools. Hooray!

3. ForestNymphe

ForestNymphe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Take lots of milk thistle for your liver and buy lots of hard candy. The body craves sugar when withdrawing from alcohol. Drinking water will help flush out your system. After a week the alcohol should have left your body. Withdrawl sucks but I have done the above when taking a break from booze and it helped ease the pain.

Best of luck.

4. interval_illusion

thanks forest. im just afraid im gonna have seizures n stuff again. i dont wanna die. i heard you can die when going thru the withdrawl.

BTW, i LOVE your sig. pic.... i set it as my new desktop background.

5. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

ditto on the milk thistle for liver support and the water. try to be around non-drinking, supportive friends as much as possible. most importantly, go for brisk walks. get your body out the door and move! i am a fanftical believer in the magical healing power of exercise, especially for beating depression, anxiety, and addictive behaviors. take joy in your body and move it, let each step become a dance, and don't forget to breathe deep from your belly.

i'll pop a 4-leaf clover in an envelope & drop it in a mailbox, but it probably won't get picked up till monday.

whoops, spazzing toddler, must go provide booby juice...

6. ForestNymphe

ForestNymphe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

One minute at a time. Keep good and hydrated, remember to eat and hopefully you won't end up in the E.R. That milk thistle is essential. You don't want your liver freaking out. www.virtualom.com is where I got my sig pic. The artist there has all kinds of fun virtual trip toys, backgrounds and screensavers.
    I will light a candle for you. Withdrawl is hard but know you can do this. Be gentle with yourself.

*hug*

7. lynsey

lynsey Banned

You can do it Trish! It is going to be hard, but kust think of all else you have conquered. Think about how good it will feel when you no longer need IT.

8. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

You need me! You have to have me! you can't give me up! The others hurt more! *grin. Oh yes, oh yess, oh yesss.
    (go away asshole)
    No, I want to drink! Drink drink!!!!!!!!!!
    hehehee
    *runs fast

9. interval_illusion

thanks to you too, lyn.

im gonna take the advice on the milk thistle too. :)

10. Althea

Althea Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You can do this, Trish. I know it's a bitch (spent 3 months in rehab when I was 17) but it's not impossible. Ya just have to bite the bullet and go for it.

I totally agree with all of the recommendations so far (especially the milk thistle). B vitamins including thiamine also really help. Your diet is also important. Eat lots of fruits, wheat germ and other healthy foods. Try to cut the caffeine and junk food (if ya drink/eat 'em).

11. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Then you need to go to detox. If you have bad withdrawls then it could be dangerous. The alternative is to keep drinking and die a slow agonizing death. I've seen it too many times.

Trish, if you are an alcoholic then you have a disease that is progressive and in curable.

As an alcoholic I know that I can never drink successfully again no matter how many years I go without using.

My alcoholism is still there and still progressing.

You may need to face these facts (and yes, they are facts).

12. Althea

Althea Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I agree with olhippie (forgot yer darn real name) in that maybe you need to go to detox. I missed that post you made mentioning seizures while I was typing mine out. If you are at that point in your disease you shouldn't do it yourself. No one LIKES detox, Trish. At this point it doesn't sound to me like you can afford the luxury of doing what you like in this situation.

13. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

i agree with olhippie 100% on this one... we sit in the same boat:) ....Trish i know you know bits of my story. this is possible, it sucks, its scary, but once on the other side WOW!!

i strongly suggest treatment(ie rehab) detox is good, but its only for withdrawl, your brain is so mushy for that week that you learn no new skills, with life without drinking. rehab gives you time. i also suggest checking out support groups, but i know you know about those.

14. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

My mom and baby sister almost died in a drunk driving accident not too long ago.

I hope you have fun detoxing u evil drunk ass bitch.

15. interval_illusion

thanks crystal and marc...

im trying one last time the cutting down slowly thing to make the withdrawl more safe and if that doesnt work, i will go to detox and maybe rehab for 3 wks. too.

wish me luck...

i hope i can make it without going there but i AM up to going there if i need to for my health.

16. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

that's great.

17. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

I hope rehab works for you. My mom is definitely drinking again. I can smell it on her rbeathe and see it in her manarisms from a mile away.
    one of the main reason I will point out that some rehabbing doe snot work is that they pump you full of refined sugar durring rehab. I have been told AA meetings serve tons of free highly refined sugar dense foods.
    These foods actually ferment in the digestive tract and turn into alcohol. So while the individual is removing themself from alcohol they become addicted to another form of alcohol that most of the country is into. People who eat tons of sugar actually, if you pay attention, behave like drunks. Literally.
    So anyway I wanted to point this out so that if you notice you are having a less than easygoing time freeing thyself pay attention to what sorts of foods you crave.
    Peace and blessings and the best of luck!

18. interval_illusion

whoa whoa whoa cerridwan... and herbuh, you do realize this was written like a year ago right? haha

19. interval_illusion

but thanks anyways for the advice. and herbuh you're defiantly right. the point im at right now is i havent drank in months and im off my antidepressants and dont really consume sugar or anything like that. i feel great. :D

20. interval_illusion

this thread is closed because i dont really like discussing drinking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.