Here is why Black Holes dont exist

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nah he's talking about the ancient alien guy on the History Channel.

[​IMG]

jmadre likes this.
  2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Brian Cox also has bad hair he's the british one thats like 50 and runs around with a One Direction haircut

Irminsul likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh ok. I've never heard of him, so safe to say okie was trying to stir me up over the one person I would know, which is a clear indication that he looks but doesn't see and he hears but he doesn't listen, because I've always said I don't really have an opinion on much of that show, nor do I believe a lot of it either.

jmadre likes this.
  4. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Brian Cox is awesome.

guerillabedlam and tumbling.dice like this.
  5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Ultra-massive black hole found, 40 billion times the mass of our sun, the point of no return is 8-10 times greater than the distance from Earth to Pluto
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  6. I don't believe that black holes are formed by stars collapsing into themselves. That is, I don't think the black hole is created by condensed matter. I think the star actually tears a hole in space, creates a gravity well from its interaction with spacetime, and eventually it all just starts falling down the well. These holes in space are imperceptible to us, because space is warped. There is an "inner space" that we can't perceive.

The fact that gravity warps space around planets is evidence that space is some kind of a substance, and the thing about substances is that you can float on the surface, or you can go into the middle of them. We are like fish in a fishbowl, unable to comprehend the outside world. The thing is that space is full of information. Because it actually has an inside that information falls into.

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

No black Holes but.............

[​IMG]

jmadre, Echtwelniet and scratcho like this.
  8. egger

egger Member

No Such Thing as a Black Hole?

excerpt:

"Put plainly: To a human observer, black holes do not exist because we can never see them form. In the traditional view, a star keeps collapsing past the event horizon down to a dot known as a singularity. In the dissenting view, the star collapses to the edge of the event horizon and then hovers there, or rebounds and explodes. But from our outside perspective, there is essentially no difference. All we see is a frozen frame when the star is infinitesimally close to the event horizon. An astronaut falling toward the star would know the answer instantly, but any message that he or she sent would take a near-infinite amount of time to reach us.

Nevertheless, because such an experience is possible, there must be a theory to describe it.

Maldacena, like most mainstream physicists, dismisses black hole denialism. The real way to make sense of all this black hole madness, he insists, is to address the underlying clashes between relativity and quantum physics. “A full theory of quantum gravity must resolve them,” he emphasizes. And that is, perhaps, the ultimate paradox of black holes: They embody our very deepest scientific understanding of how the universe works, and yet in many ways we do not understand them at all."

9. Echtwelniet

Echtwelniet Members

Mzzls

hotwater likes this.
  10. Echtwelniet

Echtwelniet Members

Mzzls

egger likes this.