Here is a museum for old computers

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by Dude111, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Totally Yoda and jagerhans like this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I can see myself spending hours on this site.

Dude111 likes this.
  3. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Last night, I had a dream that I found a Commodore 64 in a thrift store. I grabbed it and headed straight to the cash.

[​IMG]

jagerhans and Dude111 like this.
  4. Dude111

I love my C64 :) (First computer I got good in basic with)

MeAgain likes this.
  5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Do You Still Have It.....???

Cheers Glen.

6. Dude111

Yup buddy I sure do.....Maybe sometime you can come over Glen and we can play :)

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

2 tabs.

8. Dude111

Ah ya forgot what tab you were on and posted that here!! (I have done that before also)

9. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

Years ago I had a coleco Adam and ZX 81 . A bad caps forum member wants to know if these are private collections or open for others to see ..
    This is a post I started on bad caps .
    Badcaps Forums

10. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

I bought my second C64, this time it is a breadbin made in England (ASSY250425), my first was a C64-C .
    I was thinking about recapping it but a bit unsure

11. jagerhans

I believe this french computer museum is way better, check it out.It is laid out in a bit annoying fashion but it comprises nearly all of them... including the Spectravideo SVI 738 X'press , which I am glad to own ;) obsoletecomputers only lists the 328

12. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

I still have my old Pentium 4 computer with Windows 2000 installed. I was going to power it up when I saw I took out the power supply that is long gone.

13. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

The company that I worked for many years ago would put out a monthly news letter on glossy paper etc. Around the same time they were just getting into personal computers for the offices. The brand that they chose was Wong Computers . A nice neat little package type computer.. In the monthly news letter it had a photo of a secretary using her supervisors computer and the caption under the photo said, "Here is Mary playing with her boss's Wong." Comments being made days later were like .............. Well heck Mary is pretty cute. She could play with my Wong anytime she wants. Needless to say the news letters that were still on the shelf were pulled and never seen again. Unless you had your copy hidden away LOL

14. jagerhans

15. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

16. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Those computers are ancient that a $10.oo Timex watch can now stomp them all into the dirt. They're collectable and often worth hundreds of thousands of dollars and, if they actually run, they're worth more. So, they have to turn them on once in a while, but using them for anything would decrease their value. However, they're producing a modern version of the C64 that will play retro games.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  17. jagerhans

once I owned an Olivetti typewriter or I should rather say a word processor cause it actually was a truly humongous Z-80 based CP/M machine with a B/W monitor mounted on an equally sturdy swivel arm. I offered it at old-computers.com but they declined. It was 50 kg heavy and later it broke down and I did the stupid thing of just dumping it.

Candy Gal likes this.
  18. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

19. jagerhans

https://www.gaby.de/emuseum.htm

Gaby is one clever girl. She owned a lot of CP/M machines she later sold away. This is her personal online museum and she and her tribe are great CP/M experts. I always appeal to their know-how when I get mired with that operating system obscured by obsolescence.

In her small museum some really exotic machines no one remembers anymore.
    For example, anyone ever heard of Yodobashi computers ? I never did and I reckon no one of us as well.

This is the Yodobashi Formula-1 .

[​IMG]

20. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I remember typing programs into a C 64 with a tape drive. I got a magazine that had the programs in it then you typed it in line by line with a checksum number generated at the end of each line. If the checksum number matched the number in the magazine you were good to go. The white letters and number is a checksum number.

[​IMG]