Herbal medicine for Bird flu?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by AdornA, May 23, 2007.

1. AdornA

AdornA Member

Does anyone know about a herbal product used for the treatment of the disease, avian bird flu? Actually, i have a friend who is suffering from bird flu and he is looking for a herbal product for his treatment. I think he is not getting any relief from the medicine "tamiflu" that the doctor has prescibed him. I feel so sorry when i look at him but unfortunately i can't do anything for him.

2. dspiel

dspiel Member

I doubt it. Tamiflu _could_ help, but a lot of the harm of the flu is caused by the body's response to it. I guess anything that helps decrease the body's response to infections could help for flu in general, but with avian flu, the virus is itself a bit more directly harmful to cells than normal influenza, so that might be a bad approach.

In short, I don't know of much you can do about avian flu other than wait it out with the best supportive care you have.

3. Avocado Noni

Avocado Noni Member

I don't doubt it.

Visit www.thebestdayever.com and download the sample interview they should still have up on this very subject.

4. Avocado Noni

Avocado Noni Member

Okay it is no longer up for sampling but if you join the site they have 2 different interviews on this very subject and how to protect and prepare for such things...and what actually works based on real research.

5. dongquai

dongquai Member

Skullcap might work well dude. Horizonherbs.com has details.

Scuttelaria baicalensis i think is the botanical name.