Herb Vapor Question

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Raga_Mala, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Raga_Mala

Raga_Mala Psychedelic Monk

Just purchased a new vaporizer, a vapir NO2. I have not been much of a vape user but decided to switch over for health reasons.

I have one big question about proper vape use, namely: WHAT SHOULD THE VAPOR LOOK LIKE? I have heard conflicting accounts from different sources. Is the vapor a slightly cloudy/misty gas, or should it be completely invisible/colorless? Is cloud/mist a sign of minute burning, or is it just the vaporized crystals? (I am talking of course about what can be seen through the clear tube as you draw.)

Thanks for your answers. -RM

2. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

when i use my vaporizer, the vapor is a cloudy white gas. it's like smoke-lite.

it could be because of minute combustion, but if the vapor is not visible, i feel like i'm not getting all the good stuff out.

3. Raga_Mala

Thanks, Pork. I think you do get more good stuff when the smoke is visible. I notice my friend who says you shouldn't be able to see the vapor also complains that vaporizing doesn't get him high enough, haha.

4. porkstock41

yeah, i mean it's a spectrum. completely non-visible is probably how vaporizing is meant to be (greatest decrease in health risk as compared to smoking), but the more vapor you can see...the more effective it will be (also at giving you cancer)

you kinda just gotta play around with your vape until you find the heat setting that you like. i set mine to ~188 C

5. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, I'm with pork - I like to see the vapor when I am getting a hit. A friend of mine used to have the Vapir NO2, and if I remember correctly, he used to put it at a temperature which provided visible vapors. Although I'm not sure of what that temperature is.

Either way man, enjoy the vape. Vaping is a lot of fun, plus, you can put your bowl away mid-sesh if you are feeling properly stoned without ruining the flavour like a roached joint!

6. porkstock41

i actually find that i can't really put away a vaporizer bowl mid-sesh. the thing stays hot for awhile and i feel like when i come back to it...there's not much left.

7. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

Huh, but you have the Extreme Q, right?

A buddy of mine has occasionally left the bowl sitting on overnight and it still hits in the morning, and he has the Extreme Q as well. Hopefully you can at least agree that a vape bowl that you've left for a while doesn't taste as bad as a roached joint :p

8. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

huh? how does that work? i'm kinda interested in getting a good vape but not if it makes my weed cancerous.

9. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

Ahem , I still can't seem to catch a buzz while vaping. that bothers me , because , like previous postees , I have health concerns. I figure I do probably 9 one hits on a daily basis. No worries ; I run a semi successful business , raise a little girl and mentor my gf's kids. etc. the smoking thing is what bothers me. Cause for concern? What about cancer fighting canaboids? I have asked an oncology nurse. Her answer was "no" ; to her knowledge , she has never had a cancer patient claiming the 420 was the cause. Matter of fact , quite the contrary ; many of my cancer inflicted acquaintances are the best smokers. So, go figure.

10. Raga_Mala

How can you tell when a vape bowl is finished?

11. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

when you feel like this... ?

[​IMG]

12. porkstock41

the vape doesn't make the weed cancerous. there is some thought that weed smoke is carcinogenic.
    i'm not really trying to debate that point, but my point is...if weed smoke is cancerous...then so is weed vape once you start to hit the vape/smoke threshold. if vape becomes smoke, you are ingesting the carcinogens in smoke, although to a lesser degree than you would with real smoke...so it's healthier either way.

the weed is brown and smells like burnt popcorn. it's brown, dry and crumbly. and you no longer get good vapor out of it. you can kinda taste it as well. it's just hot - no goods.

yeah CS, i have the arizer. i could pack fat bowls and come back and vape it again later, but i feel like with a more reasonable sized bowl pack, if i try to leave some...the bowl stays hot enough that some of the goods are escaping while the bowl cools off. therefore i'd rather pack a small one and finish it right away, pack another small one later.

13. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

ah, ok. makes sense in essence. i've been looking at vapes like yours, something quality and precise that would lend itself to a variety oils and hash, etc.

14. porkstock41

the arizer is great, but i don't think it would work well for oils.

15. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

how come?

16. porkstock41

the way it's designed. the bowl is directly above the heating element. i think if you vaporized oil, it would get really liquidy and runny and might drip down and damage the heating element.

that's the reason why i haven't tried DMT in my vaporizer...

17. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

i mostly just use a cheapazz glass bubbler, just kinda don't care so much for the crack head look

18. porkstock41

sucking vapor out of a plastic bag doesn't feel any fancier really ;)