Henna dye?

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by beautiful_freak, May 24, 2006.

1. beautiful_freak

beautiful_freak Member

Hey guys,
    I wondered if anyone has any experience with henna dye?
    Questions I got:
    -will all the henna rinse out? or is that gonna be a problem and will everything got gross and moldy haha
    -how long does it hold?
    -will the result be even? I have this idea of looking like some sorta red zebra haha, I dunno maybe the colour will be brighter on less mature dreads etc?

umm yeah I guess that was it. the only question left is: will it suit me? I have light skin, and my friends say that I will look even more pale with red hair.. check out my gallery for pics!

thanks!
    oh yeah post pics if you got em (of your henna hair I mean:) ) (or other hair is fine too:p)

2. WorldPeace

WorldPeace Senior Member

Never tried it on dreads.. but I can imagine it won't all come out. Maybe you should try some henna from the store (you know in the little paper boxes) first?
    When I used henna it became lighter because of the sun. I have darkbrown hair, but after summer my hair was a lot more blondish.

3. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

www.hennaforhair.com has the scoop. :) Results totally depends on what quality henna you get, and what other chemicals they put in it. I have dark brown hair with reddish highlights already, and henna barely changed my color at all (but I was using poor quality from Sally Beauty Supply and not tatoo/body art quality henna).

4. beautiful_freak

beautiful_freak Member

ok thanks!!

5. cattiecat

cattiecat Member

I am very familiar with henna, and once its in there it wont come out and you wont be able to lift it out if you ever want to dye your hair lighter. The red will have to grow out...but if thats okay try mixing it with coffe for darker color or cammomile or lemon juice for brighter color..its a natural alternative to dye, but you cant get it out.

6. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

ywea some have tried bleaching it out and ended up with clownlike orange or yellow

i saw the oic but only the back of your head if your skins pail and thats your natural color then i think your natural color suites u best

just 1 lil thing the link in your sig might get deleted,,u should have it in your profile only

7. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

oh damn. just saw this is from 3 years ago
    im sure she figured out what to do and not do by now..lol