Hence the name CHILD SUPPORT

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by missfontella, Jul 1, 2006.

1. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

well, hell, yank. i stay at home with our two kids, and my husband supports us. i know damned wellt hat it take way more than $600/month to keep our children healthy, clothed, fed and educated. my daughter's preschool alone is going to be $300/month, and that's only two days per week. it doesn't even take into account the amount that has to be paid for day care for when she's not in school should i need to work. as such, i'm going to get a piddling night and weekend job just to pay for her schooling and activities so that my ENTIRE paycheck doesn't go to day care. it's ridiculous. and for her ex to say that her getting her hair done (which can actually be considered a basic, gotta look good to have a job expense) is totally assinine. if you really wanna see what a kid truly costs, keep them full time, feed them full time, and pay for their babysitters.

2. lynsey

lynsey Banned

you're really being an asshole. 'Leaving personal stuff out of it and not provoking me' yeah right...get over yourself and stop instigating me and leave me the fuck alone. I'm not kidding, you're being petty and demeaning and are in no place to offer me advice in my life when you display suck immaturity.

3. lynsey

lynsey Banned

exactly.

my mom left my dad because he was abusive towards her. He skipped the country so he wouldn't have to pay child support. when he came back and got out of the military he started his own buisness and made bank-never told my mom and my mom never went after him because she didn't want me to see him. He comes into my life when I am 19 and he assumes he will no longer be obligated to pay backed support. My mom sues him and come to find out he transfered his company and all of his assets into his wife's name and hired a lawyer for more than the child support he owed. She did it to show me what kind of person he was and when I confronted him he showed me how truley horrible he actually is. Most men who are more concerned about money rather than their children need a judicial system in place, one that's much more agressive than what we have. none of this percentage of your income crap. I'm talking about enough to support your kids in a decent lifestyle and allow the custodial parent to work little enough so he/she can spend adequate time with his/her kids.

4. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

makes you almost not want to have kids. pretty soon humans will be extinct.

5. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

child support is based on two things, one being the time share which is calculated when custody and visitation is set. the normal is about 28/72. The DA will calculate through normal visitation schedules, holidays, and vacations. example, my ex has four unconsecutive uninterrupted summer visitation with the girls (only two of them have anything to do with him), he has rotating days off, (one week, monday, next week tuesday and so on, every six weeks he has a long week consisting of thurs, fri, sat, and sunday, plus we have a holiday visitation scheduled. This is actually a 28 % time share for him, our oldest daughter does not go, so we stipulated to, a 20% time share. They calculated the percentage of the time the girls are with their dad, even vacations, when figuring out how much money the noncustodial parent is to pay to the custodial parent.
    The second of course is the gross income of each parent. Even if the non custodial parent does not work, the DA can attribute monthy minimum wage to their gross income, which happens most of the time. For the dead beat dads/moms who decide that quitting their jobs after years and years of working, well they can attribute the ability to pay or the capability to earn. (just did this for one of our clients, she got 3k a month )

6. lynsey

lynsey Banned

the fact that you have to convince your kids should make you think...
    taking responsibility for one's actions is the only way to obtain respect, both self-respect and in your children's eyes.
    I think dead beat mom's are scum as well. However, it is statistically proven that more men than women are dead beat dads...that's really not arguable.

7. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

8. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Why are you posting as though you do not know
    the specifics of my / my children's family law system experiences
    with two states and the feds.

You do know your post is not representative - actually the opposite of the Facts...
    ... or have you conveniently forgotten?

Why the slander?
    Why involve my Family when your beef's w/ me - whateverintheHell your beef's about?
    That's low to involve Family.

You're treading on very, very thin ice...

9. lynsey

lynsey Banned

thin ice for what? you have NO control over me and my life-no right to my opinions.

I didn't want to bring your family into this and I didn't but now that YOU are let me state that your bullshit story are piss poor excuses for not being in your children's lives and I expressed this to you in kinder words earlier.

10. HippyLove

HippyLove Visitor

i need to get my boots... shits getting deep in here... but fyi... there are some scandelous women out there who will screw over the dad of their kids and even make them pay for but not be around them.

11. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

Tell me about it... *slowly shakes Head*

12. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

there are assholes in every situation

the problem comes when you start making your opinions about issues based solely on those assholes

13. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

Which parents gets to decide if the male child gets circumcised?
    I for one will not allow my boy to get his dick cut no matter what my woman says.
    Its cruel...

14. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

In Texas it's typically the [size=-1]Managing Conservator -
    usually 'Sole'
    but as would be expected
    whoever has physical possession of the boy at the time...
    unless a court order had been obtained one way or the other.

Remember as w/property, Possession of a child,
    especially if by a female, is 9/10s of the law...

Yeah, this is yet another of those 'Don't ask' posts...
    [/size]

15. Raving Sultan

Raving Sultan Banned

I'm thankful my dad did not let that bloody religious ritual performed on me. Thanks pop!

16. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

you've got some issues with women...don't ya?

17. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

[/size]
    Are you going to refute the quote?
    Not to extent One would think - just posting things as I've experienced them.
    My real issues are w/three states (TX. OK, MN) and the feds
    concerning the UCCJA and its enforcement
    (or lack of as a result of the offender's sex).

Have doubts?
    Contact virtually any competent
    judge/ prosecutor/ family law attorney
    off the record for confirmation...

Well I do also have issues w/Folks (male/ female makes no diff)
    making a single to a handful of things
    into Absolutes...... in my Book the only Absolute is Death.

18. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i know, you're angry. i totally understand. i feel for ya. vent all you need to. everyone gets fucked up by someone sometime. i'm still fuming over my dad. so i feel ya.

19. lynsey

lynsey Banned

ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh we should start a dad bashing thread. I don't know one person who doesn't have issues with their father.

20. fritz

fritz Heathen

Wow...wtf...Hell of a thread. I have valium...

The directions say, take as needed.