hemroids???? (warning: a TMI thread)

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by barefoot_kirstyn, Apr 4, 2007.

1. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

ok, I don't know if I have them or not...
    The last few times I've gone to the bathroom, it's been completely painful and this last time there was a pool of blood in the bottom of the toilet. I quickly checked to see where it was coming from, and it was the rear. I don't have the protruding bumps.....or at least I *think* I don't......but it hurts like HELL to sit right now.
    I have been having some issues with actually feeling the sensation to poop...I don't know why. After a few days, it'll fainlly come, but I used to be really regular. I thought maybe I should eat more fiber, but I've been eating more than I did before, or at least I think I have. But yeah, when I finally get to that bathroom, it HURTS!!!!! i can't even sit!
    I never had them with Lea Lea...so I don't know what it's like....this pregnancy has been TOTALLY different! (hummm, maybe I'll get my boy heehee)

2. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

No advice on whether it's the "roids or not, just hugs and ouchy sympathy...maybe a sitz bath in epsom salts will help ease the pain...

3. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

Hemroids are horrible, I got them giving birth to Riley. What happened to you sounds like them. I think why you can't see it now is that it burst. I remember the blood when that happened and it wasn't there like it was before. Use diaper rash cream to keep the rubbing down there minimal and lay around if possible! The worst part is over though, the most painful is waiting for it to rupture. :(

4. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Oh ouch. I had horrendous problems with constipation during my twin pregnancy, no matter what I ate or drank, which resulted in some super painful hemroids.

What type of prenatal are you on? My OB ended up switching mine to something with a mild laxative in it to help.

5. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

thankgod, it hasn't been bad lately. That episode I wrote about seemed to be the worst one. Still got a few issues with being bunged up, but not nearly as much pain. HCM, I'm taking a regular multi vitamin...no matter which prental vitamin I take, I throw it up, so I just take the normal ones. I still don't have my first midwife appointment until the 19th...I wish they didn't wait so long to see people (told me they dont see people until the 12th week) so it's still going to be a few days before I can ask some questions about getting this figured out.
    But thanks for the replies ladies! muchly appreciated

ps. earthy mama~riley is so cute, i haven't seen a photo of her since she was really little!!!