Help!

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Super_Grrl, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

Ok a while ago I posted a couple of questions about endo...and here I am again. it is 2:00 in the morning and I can't sleep because of the pain. It's making me crazy. Painkillers don't work..the gravol isn't helping the nausea, and I'm losing my mind. I have to be in class in 6 hours (pretty safe to assume I won't be there) and I really can't be doing this because I'm trying to graduate this year, and I need to be in class to graduate. Oh, and I'd like my life back. My surgery isn't happening until May, so until then it seems I'm at the mercy of my own body. So my question is to the women out there who suffer the same type of thing: what are some other things I can do to alleviate the pain and nausea? I drink a lot of water, I watch what I eat, and when the pain gets to be bad I try to stretch it out and everything...but there's got to be more. Please someone help me, I can't take much more of this. I feel like a prisoner inside my own body. :(

2. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

I'm afraid I don't know much about endo, nor possible treatments for it, but regarding your classes - have you spoken to your teachers at all? Sometimes they can be very understanding when you have a medical condition, especially if it causes a lot of pain and nausea (since they probably don't want you throwing up in the middle of class). Perhaps they can give you some brief notes of their lecture or something. Or else you can make a notebuddy in class, and make sure they know that you may be missing more classes than normal, due to medical issues.

I find that sleeping can help make your mind ignore the pain, particularly if it's a lasting pain, rather than an abrupt shooting one. I'm not sure about sleeping pills, but back when I used to get sick all the freakin time (my whole body would feel like one giant bruise, ontop of nausea and other delightfullness)... I used to drink Neocitrin a lot... helps with cold symptoms as well as making me suuuuuuper sleepy

Good luck hon!

3. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Compazine is great for nausea Much better than Gravol. Talk to your doctor. I am so sorry you are in so much pain. You need some narcotics for pain this badly, along with antiinflamitories like Aleve or a big does of Motrin.

Do you have a rice sock? It is a fabric tube filled with rice, which you put into the microwave and heat and then put it on your belly. Also a normal heating pad is good. Some people really like the stick on heating pads which are disposable, but I haven't used them, due to the price. If I was in enough pain though........

I hope you feel better soon. You NEED to talk to your doctor about better pain managment.

Wishes of pain free day,

Maggie

4. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

Thanks to both of you.

I've talked to my health centre about getting a note to give to my profs outlining the problem, but because I haven't had the surgery to actually diagnose the problem, they won't help me out. So...I did talk to one prof myself already and she's being wonderful about it - I'm kind of scared of my other prof, so I haven't talked to her yet. I just can't believe school health services are giving me the shaft. My abdomen is swollen out like you wouldn't believe - so it's not like I'm faking anything, evidence is right there of something not being right!

I do have a Magic Bag thing around here somewhere..it's kind of what you were talking about Maggie, only big and square. I should definitely look for it. Oh and those heat sticker things are actually quite good, although you're right, rather expensive. I use them if I have to go somewhere and the pain is small and in one spot - cos you can't move the stickers around.

I have an appt with my gyne (my real gyne, in Toronto) on Valentine's day, it's the appt to book my laporoscopy. I think while I'm there I'll ask her for a note for my health services file, explaining that my problem is medically valid. Do you think it would work? I mean it's an outside doctor so maybe they wouldn't listen... I don't know.

Are there any herbal teas or anything that might help with this? In the house right now I have just plain old regular tea (which I love) and green tea - I just know sometimes tea can have these healing powers...I thought maybe there was another kind of tea out there that would help? Or some stretches or something? I'm desperate here...

Thanks for your imput you too...I really appreciate it. :)