Help, would like Cramp relief!

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by moonbeam7, May 19, 2004.

1. moonbeam7

moonbeam7 Member

Thanks guys those things really helped me. By the way FrozenMoonbeam, how did you get the idea for your screenname?:)

2. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Frozen, your mama gives you liquor?

Hey, Moonbeams, you have the same name as my soon to be 16 yr old dd!

Try the rice sock, it will bring you less trouble than gin, LOL!

3. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

Aleve always worked for my Ex. Sex was a good reliever as well for her.

4. moonbeam7

moonbeam7 Member

Who did you name moonbeam maggie sugar? My real name isn't moonbeam though it's just kind of a nickname I like to use. By the way I'm going print out everyone's suggestions and keep them on file for next time around...

5. retrofishie

retrofishie Senior Member

i know where you are at, my cramps used to get sooo bad that i would go to the hospital every month.

1 - mint tea
    2- heat pad on abdomin and lower back
    3- stay away from chocolate (or any other caffeen)
    4- as hard as it is, exercise and stretching helps the muscles relax.

i started birth control pills and they have taken the pain away, have you been checked for endometriosis?

6. moonbeam7

moonbeam7 Member

Actually, I have suspected endometrosis for quite some time. What are the symptoms?:(

7. Tamee

Tamee naked

I use a heating pad, but later on I'll probably try what nimh said.

8. serra

serra tentacle girl

pot and tylenol three

sorry to say it but it works for me! =)

9. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

go do something active like go for a jog or play a sport. or, marijuana always helps!;) but yea once you get active, they loosen up and it feels much better

10. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

haha, lol, yeah I noticed the similarities too...I happend to be looking out the window when i first joined and it one of those clear, cold nights when the world looks frozen, y'know...and there was this huge moonbeam lighting up the harbour - beautiful. So, umm, yeah, failry self explanatory.

As for my mama and liqour - it does sound crazy but it works. She has been a nurse for about 30 years so she's been through a few ideas of remidies - that is her fave :) something to do with alcohol being a muscle relaxant? (also the reason why you dont hurt yourself as badly when you fall down while pissed :p )

11. moonbeam7

moonbeam7 Member

LOL! Sorry I accused you of stealing my screename...:eek:

12. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

lol, nah, just proves we both have fantastic taste, right? I've had this name since I joined the old forum in 2001, and it was my email for a year, maybe two before that...so I'm thinking coincidence. (and, like I said, GREAT taste :) )

13. moonbeam7

moonbeam7 Member

Thanks... :D :p :eek:

14. ganja fairy

ganja fairy Member

bong rips in the bathtub and real chocolate.

15. peaceful420

peaceful420 Member

There's a prescription medication called Anaprax/Naproxen, and it works awesome. I've always had absolutely horrible cramps, and this stuff works so great. The pill helps too, I take them both for menstrual problems and my period has not been horrible since. Besides meds, try heating pads and avoiding salts. They don't help you feel any better. Hope this helps.

16. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

Now I'm at the end of the zillionth page, not that anyone would get this far in reading it... but what works for me is sage tea... either the tea bags - or, what's even better, is actual sage. Dry some sage leaves, and then boil it in a mugs worth of water until it turns a little yellowish. Mix in a teaspoon of honey and drink it as warm as possible, it helps with anything from cramps to headaches to anything....

17. moonbeam7

moonbeam7 Member

Great, now where can sage tea be purchased at?:)

18. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

My second dd, who is 15. We just call her Moon.

19. moonbeam7

moonbeam7 Member

That's a very pretty name!:)

20. JosieJune

JosieJune Member

hi moonbeam,
    I had awful cramps as a young girl. I sometimes turned pale and felt like I was going to pass out. I learned that by lying very still, we can control the pain better. Have you noticed that sometimes when you are having awful cramps you tend to thrash about? This only make your pain worse.
    Ibuprofen was the best temporary relief. I learned as I grew up to eat only natural foods...no additives or preservatives. This helps keep your body on even keel.
    But mostly women seem to grow out of their cramps, usually after giving birth once or twice. The cramps will get better when you are older.
    For now try concentrating on working through the pain...it is good practice for childbirth.
    Good luck moonbeam, I hope your cramps ease.

Paz,
    Josie