help with some pro-bud arguements

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by NoVictimNoCrime, Jan 6, 2005.

1. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

sorry if something like this has been posted before, i didnt search the forums for it that well...anyway i need some reeeally good arguements that marijuana isnt as bad as commonly thought. the reason for this is i (stupidly) admitted that i smoked occasionally to my mom (for some reason i thought she was going to be open-minded about it...guess not). she told my dad (works in the drug program for the nfl) and now theyre both trying to convince me that marijuana is the "devil weed". its hard to argue against my dad though, because he doesnt use all the ignorant cliches like "it kills brain cells", but he talks about how it affects my brain and leaves it at that. so i thought who better to turn to than the good people of the hip forums. any help on this would be greatly appreciated. thanks!!:)

2. Sheebs

Sheebs Member

I know this has been said about 932783275893257 times on this forum but check out www.erowid.org. Go to the cannabis section. It has a lot of good info on weed (both pros and cons). You'll deffinetly find the info you need there.

3. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

ouch, this is a hairy situation. Its bad enough that you told your parents, but your dad is in a drug program...:eek:

I have a few you might be able to use:

"smoking pot has made me a better person. Before, i was (how you were before), and now im (how you are better now.)"

"the number of people that have died from ciggerettes has been 400,000 people last year. ya know how many people have died from bud? ZERO!"(but seeing how your dad is already in a drug program he might know that.)

"if you were to buy me a vaporizer, i would be able to have fun and have no harm done to my body!" (maybe, ya know...its not that bad of an idea ;).)

"bud is the only thing that helps me sleep, i usually have bad insomnia, but if i smoke, i sleep earlier and feel more prepared for school."

i can think of other ones, like medicinal purposes (but i dont think you have glocuma or anything like that:p.), but i tried to suggest ideas that they wouldnt be able to argue back at easy. Im sure other people on this forum have much better ideas, but theres that. best of luck to ya buddy!

4. rhasta.penguin

and of course there is that...which helps much more then what i said :D

5. woodenfrog

woodenfrog Member

maybee show them a couple of these films how cannabis was made to look bad and why.grass is a good one for that and a couple others.maybe they will believe the scients,doctors,and government run studys.green healing thoughts

http://www.crrh.org/hemptv/video_docs.html

6. jimiman42

jimiman42 Member

Don't worry, you're not the only one who thought your parents would be alright with it. But, yeah, erowid is by far the most helpful site I've found for information on basically any substance you could want to know about. More specifically, I'd check out this FAQ sheet - http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_faq1.shtml#3-21. The part about why it's illegal talks about how it's all based around racism and money, and, unless your parents are racist eletists, should gain you some points.

7. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

thanks for all the ideas! erowid had some great stuff as well...hopefully my dad will actually listen...btw rhasta hes not in the drug program he created the drug program, which sucks even more!

8. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

you should rent the documentary "grass" and get real health facts from erowid. If she's willing to listen, you're already halfway there!

BTW, I love that poster. I have it too. I got it on Boston during the pot rally.

9. woodenfrog

woodenfrog Member

but then agian dude you are 15.i wont be ok with my son (who is 14)smokeing till he is at least 20 or so(,we talk about it and i dont bash it.(i smoke) i tell him dont let me smell it on you and dont let me catch you or you will be punished.when your old enouf thats cool ill be the first one to lite up with ya,but not tell your old enouf.studys show that the teenage brain is not full developed till the early or mid 20 (i know you younger people dont and wont here this)anny substance,by anny substance i mean alcohal,nicotine,thc,anny phyc med like prozack or ridilin,even cold medication,and yes even asprin like tylonal and such.dont do anny good for a young brain.(we are vegitarians and rainbow natchulists in this house)

dont dont get me wrong ive benn smokin for 21 years and totaly belive in cannobis (and seen it work for the good of our human race)and am a pro cannibis actovist.i started when i was 14 ,wish i would have waited for sevral reasons.no drug or substance(besides food)is good for kids.
    you people are gonna do wat you need to do but you should let your brain and boddy get ready for thc and introduce it to your system when your boddy is ready not when you are ready.
    you can tell your folks that you quit and hide it from them,but hideing from people you love only brings you bad energy.
    this post (sorry for the spelling)is just food for thought ,just something to think about.stay safe please.green healing thoughts
    frog

10. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Mental peace of mind is valid in my opinion and is a sort of medicinal use. Not if you use weed to make yourself feel better all the time, that'd be addiction. But once in a while just to chill out and get perspective is good for you, I believe.

The fact that weed is one of the least toxic substances known to man, as far as food and drugs go at least, might help you out. The toxicity level is so low you'd have to smoke something like 7,000 joints (could be far more, i cant remember the exact number) in 15 minutes to die from it. Thousands die every year from cigarettes and alcohol, hundreds from ASPRIN (which a child is allowed to buy), yet weed has never killed anyone.

Your brain actually has natural cannabinoid-like chemicals in it that do the same thing THC does. You can talk about how it's used medicinally and has been shown in some studies to STOP the growth of tumors, to help with glaucoma, appetite, pain, etc. How the only bad thing about it is the smoke, and even then the THC opens up lung passageways, so they can get rid of the tars faster than with most other smoke, which constricts lung passages and holds tars in longer.

If you're artistic and it's important to you, you can say it enhances that. Might not work as a great argument though. Definitely read about why it was made illegal (racism, paper and chemical industries trying to kill their competition, and against the wishes of the American Medical Association) and try to get your parents to understand that this is a real life conspiracy, which history soundly supports as real. Your dad might know this, but drive the point home. And since they don't usually teach these things at Drug Abuse seminars, so he might not know at all.

11. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

thanks, ive actually seen grass, its a great documentary! and yeah, it definitely is an amazing poster!

wooden frog - i hear you man, im considering just quitting because the whole amotivational thing doesnt affect adults, but it does affect teenagers

trippinbtm - thanks for all the information man! lotta good stuff there, but what do you mean when you say it was made illegal against the wishes of the american medical association? did they actually want to keep it legal?

thanks again to anyone who helped me out:)

12. Spastic_Monkey

Spastic_Monkey Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Go to drugwarfacts.com and look on the Marijuana section, many little tidbits of information that can help you out there :)

13. rhasta.penguin

oh god, that is the worst situation if i have heard one...even if you were to pursuade your dad, the fact that he is the creater of a drug program and having his son on "drugs" would not be good for his reputation...

still...best of luck :/

14. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

thanks you so much man. that website had so much good information...and it was all cited!

thanks man!:)

15. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Yep. Here's a snip from a very good article that you should read, despite it being so long.

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/History/whiteb1.htm

Here's more of Woodward's testimony (towards the bottom): http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/hemp/history/first12000/13.htm

Heres a good timeline: http://legalize.com/herbgarden/galaxy2069/

16. BradinTheGreat

BradinTheGreat Member

You should check out The Nation Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws website http://norml.org/

I've been pro-pot for the last few years. I also know how hard it is to argue about pot with people who are very closed minded. Keep researching! The more you read the better the argument you can make.

Peace, love and high times bro.

17. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

thats insane, i cant believe they didnt even consider what the american medical association thought about it! amazing how ignorant our government was and still is...thanks again for the info

thanks for the site! definitely has some great information on it!
    peace and much love

18. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

There is nothing wrong with Marijuana as long as it's respected and taken in moderation and not smoked every single day. The same applies to alcohol.

19. woodenfrog

woodenfrog Member

There is nothing wrong with Marijuana as long as it's respected and taken in moderation and not smoked every single day. The same applies to alcohol.

no alcohol is much muvh more devistateing.

if you people are going to try to defend cannobis,then do some more studying,stidy your ass off.we would love to have you on our saide.but be knowlegeable about it.i mean evry fuckin study about it,all opinions.
    how manny adult non smokers have you talked to about it??Benn to anny cityy council meetings about the laws w/cannobis in your town??Writeing letters to congress??Standing opn capitol steps with a fatty???I dought anny of you are doing this to help our struggle.your sittin in your room or in your buddys basment smokein pot aND TALK ABOUT LERGALIZEATION.whast are you doing agian TO LEGALIZE IT FOR THE LOVE OF THE HUMAN RACE.eitrher be motivated and energenic (in all things of life)in fighting the power for legalizeation or dont tell annyone you smoke.it sets us back when the world says, oh they are just pot heads they wont change annything.(becouse you usaly dont,you just talk about it)
    we need the younger generation to stand up as futcher leaders.futcher leaders in the cannobis freedom fight.put the bong down for a second,or a day,or aa couple of weeks and fight for us .are you people just smokers or smokers and belivers of cannobis.??
    lets try this,, if you guys oare willing to fight the good fight.then list your name (and email me) under this post and we will asign you a task to help in the good fight.

sorry for the misspellings,sortry for being so harsh,just fed up.
    green healing thoughts,i love your life
    frog

20. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm sorry but there are no facts that will make you smoking bud OK with your mom.

Marijuana may be the safest, most misunderstood drug in the world. But it is not going to be OK for her baby to be getting high. She wants a sober son.

The only fact that counts is that you could smoke and get high or not smoke and be sober. Your mom wants you sober.

Sorry, she ain't going to go for it.