Help, trying to find wild shrooms in NH

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by BudToker, May 3, 2007.

1. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

I just went out in the woods and there were no shrooms what so ever. The cold lasts longer up here but it's warm and sunny now and I would have expected at least some sort of fungi, but there's nothing. There are tons of dead and rotting stumps and tree branches, and plenty of muddy streams...why the heck aren't there any shrooms?! Does anyone know when they start growing in northern NH?

Also, I looked on shroomery.org and it had a list of what shrooms grow in what states, but NH isn't listed. Does anyone know what types grow here?

2. Four Winds

Four Winds Member

How warm is it there?

Shrooms start popping up here (western NY) late july up until end of august/fall.

Probably not warm enough. Once it starts gettin toward the middle of summer and the days are consistently 80 degrees they will start popping up.

3. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

Oh ok, it's only like 50-60 here...which i consider warm lol. It will get into 70-80 in summer and it will be hella humid too.

4. Four Winds

Four Winds Member

Yeah, thats the time you're gonna wanna look for them. I consider that warm too, but its not prime shroom weather.

If anybody has a farm with cows, toward the end of summer, you can probably find a shitload on cow dung. A friend of mine collected a pound in a single day.

5. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

there aren't many cows here...but there are some horses. there are a crapload of christmas tree farms that I would guess have a bunch of shrooms growing out of the dead stumps and sawdust.