Help required in reviving the flower-power movement

Discussion in 'Help Wanted' started by Irish Hippy, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Dharma Bum

Dharma Bum Member

vary interested, keep us posted

2. JethroZoso

JethroZoso Member

Rock on. Lets start it Dublin and we'll spread the love!!!!

3. sage

sage Member

Hey , i'm very interested in this idea. I believe the whole idea could really mystify the world. I love every thing about the flower child and beyond. I'm at the moment working on travelling. I just arrived in Austin , well I've been here for a few days now.
    I think I could help in some way. Just give me some more information on what I can do, and put me to work. I'm 21 and i'm all about chilling out and letting the world have a chance to chill to. Well I'll be back up to the library maybe in the morning , so i'll be around . Peace , and you are a prayer that has been answer. . :)

4. Grim

Grim Wandering Wonderer

Hey...sign me up, my friend.

5. harolds

harolds Member

Hi,man!

I am very interested in your idea and when i red about you i was so happy.
    So,I am looking for ages to find people who want to live in a
    hippy community,as a matter of fact this is one of my dreams.I am so dissapointed from today's fuckin world and from the people,who are destroying every beautiful thing.I am dissapointed because it seems that people do not respect Mother Nature anymore and that is awful.I want to leave where i am now and live with real hippies,who love sincerely each other and the free life in the nature.
    My dream is very utopian probably but i think it's possible,because it was like that in the sixtees and people were happy together.I know this could happen again for longer.Am i the only person who wants to be free and live in peace with others like him?
    If your idea is similar i will be happy to help,but the problem is that i live in Bulgaria,which is very far from Ireland.
    Anyway I wish you luck and Peace to you and your people.
    Hope you could make it!

6. tuatara

tuatara Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

not computer literate but throw my hat in the ring

7. wifiepooh2558

wifiepooh2558 Member

I soooo know what you mean harolds.... I try to love all people .. I honestly do, and my personal thing is singing everything "love Alicia" even if I am only writing to credit card company or even a complete stranger because I do love all people and I believe with the state of the world (with sickness, poverty, violence, heartach)that this world can use alot more love-so I'm trying to get more out there !!!I think it stems from seeing John and yoko randomly calling people out of the phone book to tell them that they love them on an episode of the Mike Douglas show, and it made such an impression but, I actually had a woman on a website I belong to get mad and email me to tell me that I make her uncomfortable saying that and from now on only sign my name:confused: my first reaction was to get a llittle pissed and defensive, then I thought poor woman either shes never been love or has been badly hurt by love.. and I had to sit and pray for her.

I'm definately down to help in any way possible... but let me know how, give me something to work with!!!

I do have one suggestion as silly as this sounds, there are alot of sick people out there and some companies take in the tabs from soda cans and donate so much in exchange for them to go for treatment for people.... My moms nurse knows a sick little girl who does this to pay fpr her treatments.. and the company she returns them to actually gives 8 cents each!!!!! so no one should ever throw them out or even return the tabs still on the cans when the bring back returnables!!!! start a group or something to collect them and help, if all else fails message me and I will give my address and they can go to that little girl. Either way they can help:D ~love, peace and happiness~ Alicia

8. Irish Hippy

Irish Hippy Member

ok well i started this project out over a year ago.... and to be honest it did not appear like there was enough interest. On a hippy site people werent interested in a movement that was so bluntly called "Hippyworld", and on the street people are not enlightened enough yet to change their whole comfortable little lives around to produce a new generation of peace and love. So really this project is no longer up and running. If somebody else would like to start co-operating on it thats cool. Ill get the e-mail address hippyworld_team@yahoo.co.uk up and running again, and if u start e-mailing me with ideas we can start putting them into practice... but in all reality i can not do everything myself (as i have learned), so if there is not enough interest shown (ie if not interest at all is shown), then i will just continue living my life the way i have been and strive for now to make these goals a reality in my immediate surroundings.
    peace and love

9. Selfsustaingsociety

Selfsustaingsociety Member

If anyone is interrested in starting something like this on the Canada/U.S. Side please let me know. I'm already trying to get the word out myself and got a few people interrested in starting a commune.

You're right Irish Hippy you can't do it alone, but that's kind of the point you shouldn't have to. Interrested people should be pitching in and doing some of the work so you don't have to. If you need a website built I could help out but I'm not doing all of it myself, I already have my site to keep up and to try and get my group started.

Keep spreading the love, even if it's only to one person at a time... we'll get there!

10. onelovemission

onelovemission Member

Hey Irish Hippie this is a great Idea. I have wanted to do something like this for ages. It would be great count me in.
    My mum is from bon clody (i think that's how you spell it) in wexford.

11. free2fly

free2fly Members

12. bethy85

bethy85 Member

hey...these are just my thoughts...
    the 60's were are totally different time. they can not replilcated...as wonderful as that would be they just can't. that era just happened. the world needed it and it happened. we need it to happen again. the world is a big fucking mess. too many people care more about their bank account and what "enter a celebrity" is doing than the enviroment or war or anything else significantly important. i think eventually people will get fed up enough and start a movement. just speaking about america- we have hurricane katrina aftermath....one of the richest countries and we have people use a bucket as a bathroom, the war....why are we still there....why are our troops still dieing, bush...nuff said, fuel prices....there are much cheaper and more enviromentally friendly alternative fuel sources being ingored, it is 2005 and "homosexuals" are second class citizens denied the right to be legally married or be themselve when serving their country. the list goes on. this is only in america. i know the entire world is in danger...proverty, disease, enviroment, ect. i think people need to localize....find those in your area and start something there...write you goverment leaders, start a protest, volunteer for something worth while, donate to worthy carities. i just don't think anything big will happen unless alot of small things happen. i also wanted to add this link its worth checkin out http://www.moveon.org

13. aoacoder

aoacoder Member

grab a gun, find a team, look for the white male rednecks in suits and start shooting

14. Phrensied Rabbits

Phrensied Rabbits Member

You know, I like that plan a lot...

15. phaedros

phaedros Member

Great idea right up to the last 2 posts.They kind of remind me of "animal farm". the pigs had clothes on.

Got to get "outside" the box.

16. WYTCHMOM2

WYTCHMOM2 Member

Agreed. I forget who wrote this, but 'you can't use the master's tools to dismantle the master's house' rings true for me: if we want a world of peace love and tolerance we have to live it even when others don't. There are lots of gentle, respectful ways to change the current paradigm... we just gotta DO IT!

17. stalk

stalk Banned

what must I do?

18. Flight From Ashiya

Flight From Ashiya Senior Member

I agree that we can't simply bring back the spirit & ethos' of the 1960s just like that.The conditions were a crossroads created by the boom conditions of reconstruction & reapprasal after World War Two & the baby boomers born in that war , were 'spoiled' compared to previous generations.Also the cynical & passe attitude of the people in 2006 prevents us from attempting it.
    You are right about the 'greed culture society' we inhabit now.We are all living in a spiritual drought.

19. freakyhippy

freakyhippy Member

hey man went thu ur note is't intrestng n would like 2 do somthng 2 save it too but i'm located in Nepal and very much intrested 2 promote u but dont know how ....can u tell me

20. freakyhippy

freakyhippy Member

I like 2 help but dont know if ur intersted in wher I Live it's Nepal .
    let me know if i can do somethng abt ur idea here