Help required in reviving the flower-power movement

Discussion in 'Help Wanted' started by Irish Hippy, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Irish Hippy

Irish Hippy Member

Hi, im writing on behalf of 'The Global Movement for Positive Action' ( or the 'Hippyworld' movement as its commonly known). Basicly, we are a group of concerned young citizens (but membership is available to everyone regardless of age ,andin fact experienced people are needed) who have formed due to a shared belief that they world has the potential to be a really swell place, but unfourtunately it is not presently reaching that potential.
    We beleive that by living compassionate and enviromentally friendly lives we can attain a global level of human consciousness not seen or felt since the sixties.
    Our agenda is not yet formulated (and so suggestions would be much appreciated), but one of our greatest ambitions is to acheive the formation of an eco-village (or ,if all goes as planned ,many eco-villages)and settlement based along similar lines to the morals and philosophies of the 1960's 'hippy-flower power movement'.
    We beleive that all are entitled to their own beliefs and whatever makes them happy,and therefore our members come from no one particular interest group. We decided this in the hope that doing so will attract people from all beliefs and backgrounds to form a strong and united movement, that excludes no one.
    We are an international movement, and welcome the formation of chapters in any part of the world. Our headquatres is currently located in ireland though this may change as do our circumstances.
    Our internet site is currently under construction, and we hope to be able to give it out in the coming fortnight. But if u wish to contact us u are welcome (and urged) to do so at hippyworld_team@yahoo.co.uk
    If you can help us in any way or would like information on membership etc. get in contact, you'll be gladly received.
    Thanx for your time
    Peace and Love

2. Irish Hippy

Irish Hippy Member

Hi again.

3. electricstar

electricstar Member

Interesting. How is this project going? How many are you? Is the website online by now?

4. Moon Meadows

Moon Meadows Member

I'm interested... I'm still young though.. only 18, but I'd be more than willing to get involved..

5. matty mcfatty

matty mcfatty "freakin' awesome"

i spen a good deal of time in Ireland, mostly in County Cork, but its close to ireland. I wouldnt mind going back soon to see my lads, where about are you located?

6. Flic

Flic Member

sounds interesting, I know the web sites not up yet, but do you know what the address will be?

7. Irish Hippy

Irish Hippy Member

hey guys,
    sorry that i have kept you waiting for so long to make another posting, but i forgot my password like a right idiot and so i couldnt post. well due to my own lack of knowledge with regards to computers, the site is not presently up and running, and if it remains left up to me it will never be up and running, so i am formally asking anyone who gives a damn about the world we live in, and bringing it to a happier and more enlightened existance, that has an ounce of computer literacy (and only COMPUTER LITERACY, nothing to smoke...lol) to come forward and volunteer to help with web-designing etc.
    Seen as this is the original base from which OUR organisation (every single person ever born is ,as a result of being alive, is a member) will work from, it is important to get this up and running before anything else can be acheived.The site is currently on angelfire, so anyone who knows how to work this damn site, WE NEED YOU!!! if you have anything that you feel that you could like to make an imput into then please message US at: hippyworld_team@yahoo.co.uk.

ps...heres a silly fact for you that i just noticed, every single person that has replied to OUR advert, thus far, is Libran:p

8. TimmyHoover

TimmyHoover Member

9. Irish Hippy

Irish Hippy Member

lol....every band that so wishes may be a band of the movement....but as far as your music goes, you guys are far out, and if you affiliate with this movement that would be awesome..... you guys get my thumbs up..... keep up the good work
    cold rain and the snow, is so awesome it rocks my world...have you guys seen about gettin signed by any of the big labels?
    anyway, back to business....if you can promote this moral revolution in your music do so....peace, love, nature....keep it all real! who knows....you could be the next beatles or jefferson airplane!!!

10. Irish Hippy

Irish Hippy Member

COME ON!!!!

are you guys SERIOUSLY trying to say that no one is interested????
    lol...this is some hippy site i say :p

11. Master_Hippy

Master_Hippy Member

i could try to help out making the website. I am kind of good with computers.

12. happyhippiegrl

happyhippiegrl Member

It has been awhile scince you posted, but I am curious as to how much further along you have become in this effort. Are you connected with any affliates in the states? Any info? I am interested

13. FreedomRyver

FreedomRyver Member

Im down, How are things going? PM me or somthing

14. WishIWasAHippie

WishIWasAHippie Senior Member

You should post this in another forum, unfortunately not many people look at this one :(

15. Stoned Steve.

Stoned Steve. Member

:rolleyes: That is like saying New York is close to America. :H

16. deadsilence020

deadsilence020 Member

Im a web designer... ure in luck =) Im interested in helping... the best way would be able to contact me on AIM, MSN, or Yahoo and lets see what I can do for ya. Thanks!
    Is this gonna be a paid website by the way? Or a Freebie?

17. Phrensied Rabbits

Phrensied Rabbits Member

Dude, awesome movement man.
    Me and some buddies once wanted to do some shiggilies like that.
    And I am so very much down for this one.[​IMG]
    How's that website coming there, bro?

Salaams! We're all crazy Hippies <(^_^<) <(^_^)> (>^_^)>

18. Smerfish

Smerfish Senior Member

hey if this is still up and moving fill me in cause Im definately interested.....

~peace n love babes

19. Kynd_Mike

Kynd_Mike Member

20. Irish Hippy

Irish Hippy Member

hey guys, its me again.
    just to let u guys know that the orgs e-mail address is still hippyworld_team@yahoo.co.uk (NOT .com) if u have any queries.
    But it is great to finally see so much interest.
    Long Live The Flower Power Revolution
    Peace and Love