Help on my degree

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Gfluff, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Gfluff

Gfluff Member

Hi,

I'm in my final year of psychology and I'm doing a project about drug use, my survey is on-line and I need as many people as possible to fill it out. I can't tell you much about what the survey is about, but it is all COMPLETELY confidential and I will be the only person to see your results.

I have posted this message (or something similar) on a few of other websites (e.g. www.Bluelight.nu www.Harderfaster.net) , but I need as many people as I can get, so I am basically going round looking for forums that might have drug users as members and posting there.

I donÕt think that there is much more to say, any questions you have e-mail me or post them here (though again I donÕt want too much about the survey posted because I donÕt want to influence people's answers).

Here is the address:
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=89828793280

Thanks a lot, I hope this all works out. I'd like to get some good results, both because it will help me and it will feel like I am giving something back to the community that has helped me out in the past.

Thanks for you time!!!!

Gfluff.
    :X

2. tiki_god7

tiki_god7 Member

I checked out your survey...the wording of the questions was rather confusing so I quit.....sorry

3. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I took it. It wasn't that hard. I hope you find my results impressive as I consider myself abnormal for a drug user!

4. Gfluff

Gfluff Member

Thanks guys, the survey is a bit long and wierd, but i don need as many people as poss, so please strugle through to the end!!! :X

5. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

People PLEASE steer clear of this kind of stuff. The DEA and other agencies can easily find out who you are from your IP number. You have NO IDEA who this dude is.

Hip Forums is a Free Access Site and anyone can post here. I would steer clear of people who want intimate information about you, at all costs.

6. TattoedAquarian

TattoedAquarian Senior Member

Well i did it. I wish you the best of luck!

7. headymoechick

how is it wrong to admit to using drugs. I mean I can go up to a cop and say I smoked crack once, and he can't do anything but tell me to buzz off. I would never say when I have drugs, or tell someone yeah i'm going to trip my face off this weekend.

you take surveys in school like this too. they can't punish you for something that already happened right?

8. Maggie Sugar

I didn't say it was wrong, HMC. I am just concerned with the people on this site, and possible Drug Enforcement agencies attacking people's rights, when they have, what they would call "Just cause."

That question is up for grabs. Have you seen the state of our civil liberties lately?

I mean, you are free to admit to anything. I would just be more careful, especially on a site where ANYONE has access. My post was just for the safety and care about the liberties of the posters than anything else. I, personally, wouldn't even go to the linked site. But that's just paranoid ole me.

9. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

im with maggie sugar here. yeah i'll admit i useD drugs but that doesnt mean anything. i quit using most all drugs beside liquor and an occasional blunt when i was taken off my meds. but I dont know who this guy is, he has 2 posts! im not gonna go to HIS site and take HIS survey, i dnt want my IP address tracked down. I know people who have had the DEA come and friggin knock on their door because of shit they posted on the net.

i just had a guy PM me asking me if i wanted to buy amt pills. He had NO POSTS and a weird name that made no sense, i told him to buzz off, I DONT EVEN TAKE SYNTHETICS ANYMORE!! but wow, he was obviously an oinker. i think the DEA may be trying to make more busts online now since they had such great success with operation "webtryp" or whatever. good luck guys!

10. Maggie Sugar

EXACTLY!!!!

My post was only for the concern on the people on this Site I care about, and their civil liberties.

Again, y'all are free to answer. I wouldn't, though.

11. Hikaru Zero

Hikaru Zero Sylvan Paladin

(1) Don't admit to doing anything illegal, if you are afraid of it.

(2) You can't be persecuted for doing something legal, especially if it was used in a responsible manner. Remember that.

(3) I checked into the survey's background ... it seems legitimate.

12. headymoechick

I agree Maggie. the content of the survey really wasn't that harmful though. I don't think anyhting I said could come back to bite me.

if so, I'll let ya say I told ya so! :)

good tips hikaru zero!

13. Hikaru Zero

Hikaru Zero Sylvan Paladin

Oh by the way (laughs) ... it's not like you can't fill out the survey behind a proxy (fake IP address).

http://www.samair.ru/proxy/

Take one of those, and if you're using Internet Explorer, hit:

Tools -> Internet Options

And go to the Connections tab, hit Lan Settings, then check the box that says "Use a proxy server for your LAN." Then, stick the IP address in the first box, the port number (the digits after the ":" colon) in the second box, and THEN go to the survey. =) The proxy server's IP address will now be what shows up in the server logs for the survey site.

Proxies are called that because they allow "anonymous browsing."

So take the test away, my friends. =P

14. Gfluff

Gfluff Member

Hey again,
    seems i've caused a bit of a commotion, which was really not my plan, all i really want is for a few people to take part in my survey for my third year project. Now if you have concerns about me, then let me try and allay them a bit.
    My real name is Elliot Lawes, I'm 24, and a student at Hertfordshire University in England. This survey is my final year project that makes up about 1/4 of my final mark. this is the site that refers to research team at the uni:
    http://www.psy.herts.ac.uk/mood/

I have posted this survey on other sites at these addresses:

http://www.bluelight.nu/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=176206&r=0
    http://www.harderfaster.net/?sid=c1...ms&action=showthread&forumid=1&threadid=87676
    http://www.clubbinginlondon.net/mod...orum&f=1&sid=10783325deb8f8f35ece3c8b790c9753
    http://hardhouseravers.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=7081
    http://hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=877587#post877587
    http://www.gurn.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=210694
    http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=11408

The bluelight site i have been a member of for about 4 years (and it is incidentally where i got the idea for this project) but i am a bit crap at posting as you can see if you have a look at my profile.

The Harder faster thread (an independant clubbing site in England) was started up by best mate Ads (aka DJ Symbiosis- you wont have heard of him yet, but one day who knows??!!) this is his website - www.djsymbiosis.co.uk

basically guys i am not DEA, i'm just not. If your still concerned then by all means please dont fill in the survey, but bare in mind, out of the wealth of dealers and suppliers out their in the real world that they have to deal with, why would they bother setting all of this shit up??

Anyway for those of you that have filled in the survey, thanks, for those who are about to thanks again :cool:

15. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

For the record Gfluf's posts were created by computers at:
    Code:
    netname:      HATFIELD
    descr:        University of Hertfordshire
    descr:        University of Hertfordshire
    descr:        Computer Centre
    descr:        College Lane
    descr:        Hatfield
    descr:        Hertfordshire AL10 9AB
    descr:        UNITED KINGDOM

of coure as someone else posted IP addresses can be easily faked at least it matches his claim!

16. doubledtrapezoid

doubledtrapezoid Member

not to be offtopic, though it seems more on topic now... im with crackforkids on this...

the internet really has undermined drug laws, at least in america. the DEA knows this and can either A) step up and become an even more oppressive force to the rights of responsible adults, B) continue to lose the war on drugs and lose even more gound, or C) get more reasonable. i dont think C is possible.. maybe we can hope they will fall apart but i doubt it. does anyone think any of the banned research chems would be illegal now if dozens of sites didnt pop up selling them? i think its only a matter of time before marijuana seeds and psylocybin spores are made illegal.. along with who knows what else.

17. NitrousBum

NitrousBum Member

That was a silly survey. All of the ratios were the same except for the last one, my mathmatical nature tells me that you cannot draw conclusions on any examples except that last one because the meaningful ratios never changed. Also the survey is available to only drug users with computers which probably counts out a lot of crack and heroin addicts. I won't say anymore because I wouldn't want to mess up his survey, but I would just like to say that I don't think that it will produce very accurate results.

18. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

Actually, with all the terrorism and wars and whatnot, the government hasn't really paid all that much attention to the Drug War. The funding for it has been slashed, and it is losing support.
    If i say here and now that i am in possession of three hundred kilos of Cocaine the DEA cannot break into my house. Just because you say you have drugs, or have done drugs isn't A) against the law, B) Evidence enough for a warrant.
    I mean, just because you say something doesn't make it true, at best it can be used as corrobative evidence (i.e. he said later in the bar that he killed that man), but can't be used to make an arrest (he said later in the bar that he once smoked marijuana).

19. The Flow

The Flow Member

Elliot, I understand you so well...
    I´m a physician and spent a couple of years in drug research (started already in my 2 last years at university), and I know how difficult it is to find people, who are willing to speak open about their drug use, especially if the drugs were illegal.
    Go ahead with your survey, I just filled out the form in order to support your project. And I would appreciate it very much, if I could get a copy of the results, after your survey is finished (or at least you could PM me, when they are published on the web, and where I´ll have to look).
    Good luck!

20. Gfluff

Gfluff Member

Hey again,

for a start NitrousBum, the survey is a bit wierd and a bit confusing, but it has been written the way it was written very deliberately and with measuring a specific thing in mind. But please those of you that are about to do the survey dont sit there trying to figure out the point of the questions, just answer them in the spirit that they were asked, and if you are actually interested i will post a bit about what i am measuring and what i have found later on.

The Flow - I will gladly either send you a copy of the survey, or see if i can get it up on this universities web site somewhere. I dont think it has been that hard to find people that will speak out about their drug use, my survey has been online for about 3 weeks now and i have a fair few people (though obviously the more i get the better). To be honest with things like this most drug users believe that they have nothing to hide, that they are doing nothing wrong and that being as open, friendly and supportive with things like this is the best way to dispel the myth that all drug users are brainless and bad.

So yeah, things are going well and though my survey is a bit odd is has its point, so please give me a hand to get some good honest results.

Thanks again.