Help me please..tampons...oh god...aaah

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by SunFree, May 22, 2004.

1. SunFree

SunFree Member

Sorry, but I'm in a bit of a fix here and don't know what else to do...

Tomorrow night I'm going to the prom and the rocky horror picture show - fun, right? But of course, guess who gets her period on thursday. Gaa. Really bad timing for this. The problem is, I cannot make myself wear a tampon, which would really help out the situation. I've tried several times, but I just cannot make it....go in. It hurts really bad, but I figured that was just because it wasn't inserted all the way. Tampons have turned into one of my mortal enemies in the past two days now, and I'm beginning to run low without having a success yet. Is there anything anyone with experience here can tell me?

2. Digital Underpants

Digital Underpants Member

Try the ones with plastic aplicators, make sure the aplicator is in before you try to push out the tampon. if your too dry it won't go as easy. I hate them but use em for when I wanna swim and I'm raggin. Always make sure the string is down and dangly.Other then that it is all trial and error and good luck!
    I am woman hear me roar!!!!! And if you still can't do it, wear something else?

3. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

If you just relax it'll go a lot smoother. Maybe, stand up and put one leg on the toilet. When you insert it, tilt it towards your back, slightly. But, relax is the best thing you can do. I remember my first time. I was in the eighth grade at a friend's house and supposed to go swimming. It took like 15 minutes! You'll be fine, I'm sure! Once you get used to it, you'll never want to go back to pads! They're more comfortable, and believe it or not, actually easier! Good luck and have fun at the prom.

4. thetaintedfae

thetaintedfae Member

Yes I agree the plastic ones slip in much easier. Of course sometimes I feel swollen so it still hurts a bit. You could try to lube it abit. But generally I'll go with pads if I hurt too much to try to get one up there. And sugrmag 15 mins? :eek: lol guess I cant complain took me 30 lol I just sat around looking at it in the bathroom before I could actually bring myself to try it.

5. Sunnie

Sunnie Jes-Jes

I had a hard time putting a tampon in for the first time as well. The problem was that I wasn't inserting it in far enough, and it felt very awkward and painful. Also, I'd finally get the damn thing and was almost about to triumph when it fell out into the toilet. Talk about dissapointing, I almost cried.

6. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

i didn't use tampons for the longest time b/c, well i was an idiot and had no idea how to get them in. get the playtex ones..theyre very easy to put in and comfortable.

7. spinelli

spinelli Member

RELAX,RELAX its all about the relax
    its a funny memory, mum on the otherside of toilet door:"have u got it..have u got one leg up like I told u...remember its gotta be pushed backwards..well I just don't know what the problem is then"

Dont put leg up, sit down, release all ur wait, breathe, u'll be amazed at just how much of a loosey goosey u really are

8. MySwt1

MySwt1 Member

ok, i know this might sound different, but, you might take a hand held mirror and take a look down there, once you see exactly where it goes, it gets a little easier...leg up is also a good way...also, i don't know if its available in your area(i personally haven't used one yet) but there is a product, that you insert and it works like a cup...you might try that...anyway, thats my 2 cents :)

9. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

My first time, I was visiting my dad and used one of my stepmother's. It was the O.B. kind, without the applicator.... what a disaster! When I got home, I used one of my mom's with an applicator, and it was much better. Now I can't live without them. So what if I get the tampon disease and die. At least I'm not wearing a diaper!

10. thetaintedfae

thetaintedfae Member

Yes! I cant believe I forgot about that! You could use a mirror to help! LOL That dident cross my mind..MySwt1 thanks lol :D

11. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

Personally, I don't like tampons. They are always uncomfortable (for me) and they leak (my flow is very heavy), so I have to wear a panty liner anyways... After several years of trying them, I finally gave up and started wearing pads.

12. thetaintedfae

thetaintedfae Member

Yeah generally you could have to wear a panty liner. I never really had that problem...Pads for me get so uncomfertable..

13. SunFree

SunFree Member

Thanks everyone for the help there. Luckily for me, my period just decided it felt like going away, so I didn't even have to worry about it! I"ll have to wait another month I guess. The prom was pretty lame, but the Rocky Horror show was Awwwwwwesome. Now I can say I was "De-virginized" on Prom night by transvestites :p

14. retrofishie

retrofishie Senior Member

are you on birth control? i am on depo and it is great, it's a needle every three months, it's just as effective as the pill and the great part is that after your first needle your period goes away untill you stop getting the needle!!!!
    yay for no periods!!!

15. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Don't get everyone started on Depo... hehe... I heard it's terrible... You're the only person I've ever heard that liked it....

Are you a salesman!!!??? hehe

16. retrofishie

I love it, why do others hate it?

I find it makes my life sooo much easier, i can't wear tampons because i have super sensitive skin and it just doesn't work for me and i'm allergic to most brands of pads. with depo i don't have to worry about any of that crap.

17. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

I heard it makes your hormones wacky, and you gain a lot of weight. A friend of mine has absolutely no sex drive because of it.

18. retrofishie

its' no different than any other birth control pill, it makes your body think it's pregnant, some people gain weight, others lose, it all depends on each girl.

19. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

Deleted...

20. retrofishie

ok i understand that everyone has different reactions, that is why there are sooo many different options for birth control because each person has different needs, i was on allegra for a year and i gained alot of weight, started getting my period 3 times a month and major depression etc...

so without arguing, i love depo, and birth control is a hit and miss thing, you have to keep trying different ones untill you find the one that is right for your body.