Help Me Interpret My Dream, Please

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Anachronism, May 21, 2007.

1. Anachronism

Anachronism Member

Okay, I've had a couple of dreams with a similar theme recently, although the material in the dreams is different.

The first dream: The back of my right calf got slashed open. There was no blood. That was the weirdest part to me, was that it didn't bleed at all. I don't remember what slashed it open, but I couldn't walk on it after that. I could separate the skin and see right down to my bone, however. It didn't hurt, though.

I didn't think too much of it until this next dream. In this dream, I had caught a squirrel with my bare hands, and the animal bit my right forefinger and caused the skin to slipt in a straight line along the knuckle. Again, there was no blood, but I could separate the skin. I didn't see bone this time, but the skin kept splitting until there was a split all the way down my forearm and around my elbow, so that the skin of my forearm was in two pieces, basically.
    And the skin wasn't really attached to the muscle, it was really easy to peel it off, but unlike the other dream, it hurt.

I'd really appreciate any help you guys could give me in interpreting these dreams. I don't dream clearly very often, and so when I do I try to pay attention to what my mind is telling me. But I don't know much dream symbolism, unfortunately.

2. White Feather

White Feather Senior Member

What was the feeling you felt?

There being no blood probably means that you will not get sick. But seeing to the bone may indicate that something will happen which "will cut you to the quick."

3. Anachronism

Anachronism Member

What was the feeling I felt? In the first dream, mostly confusion. In the second, it was more anger at the animal that bit me, and then a sort of fascination when my skin split all the way.

4. HomicidalMercury

HomicidalMercury Member

Well IMO it coule be 2 things:

1) you feel somewhat vunurable. Your skin represents some from of protection that is not working (symbolised by the cuts). This protection that you feel you lack could be physical, emotional and / or mental.

2) you feel like you've been hurt by something (the cause is represented by the squirl and the pain is the cut. The skin is you as a whole.) However as you were not bleeding that could meen that the hurt is not physacal or that it hurt is not that bad, but your mind is telling you (through your dreams) that yu need to deal with it.