Help Finding a Book

Discussion in 'Sci-Fi Books' started by Terrapin2190, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Terrapin2190

Terrapin2190 I am nature.

So, when I was in high school, I seldomly frequented the library there. I wasn't much of a reader back then, but there was a book that just happened to catch my eye. They would only let you keep a book for so long, so I think I made it through a few chapters, gave the book back to the library (probably late and with a fine haha) and didn't think much of it until a few months ago. I've done numerous Google searches for this book and found quite a few other novels that are adjacent to my interests, but this one book... This ONE BOOK! I can't think of the name or author for the life of me. So, here are the details of what I remember. I hope maybe someone can help. There are only about 100 million books out there, so let's try to narrow it down.

It was rather small. Not a full size book. A short novel, I guess. Maybe 200-300 pages. Could have been more, but I definitely remember it being one of those half-size books if that makes any sense.

It was a hardcover.

The cover of the book was a faded blue-greenish color with (if memory serves me correctly) an alien on the cover. Possibly a spaceship or even some sort of biosphere behind the alien.

The main character in the book was a girl. I don't remember if she was abducted or if she was picked from a group of people to be a part of some program, but it didn't really have a dark feel to it, other than how she would creep around and investigate parts of this biosphere.

She was involved in this program/project being conducted by an alien or aliens where she lived in this futuristic living space, I think it had food replicators and all this other fancy stuff in there. Sci-Fi stuff, you know.

She was able to go outside the living quarter and explore outside, which was a lush, almost tropical landscape and she followed different living creatures/animals around the "backyard" of the living space.

Aaaaand, that's about all I really remember! I've searched Science Fiction novel listings and other pages branching toward sci-fi novels and haven't come up with anything close so far. I hope maybe someone has seen or read this book and can help me out somehow. Highly unlikely, but without hope... what have you?

Thanks in advance for any comments or complaints! Any feedback is good feedback.

2. Happy Art Girl

Happy Art Girl Member

I'm sorry I don't know this one. If you don't get any joy here, maybe try asking in a group on somewhere like Goodreads.com - a bunch of sci-fi readers there might know.

Good Luck! I hope you manage to find the title!

3. dabla

dabla Member

maybe Friday by robert heinlein? Id focus on the female main character. i think that would cut your list by at least half of all sci fi.

Description makes me think of Friday tho.

4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

And when were you in high school?
    Was it an old-looking book? New?

5. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

Silent Running?