Hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Matt1979, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Matt1979

Matt1979 Senior Member

My name's Matt, I'm from Sedgley in the Black Country between Wolverhampton and Dudley. To non-UK members, the Black Country is a group of industrial towns that was once one of the main manufacturing centres of England. I'm interested in music, especially bands from the 1990s, hippie fashion, astronomy, television, including the history of TV and travelling. I have only been to the Glastnbury festival once, but I have visited Glastonbury town twice and it was an amazing experience, the true hippie capital of the UK

I have recently been listening to Kirtan music on YouTube, especially the performances by Sivani Mata Francis, which I find very relaxing.

I had a friend who was a member on here, his username was Dreadlockswampy. My friend stopped posting on here a few years ago and he sadly died late last year, he had a condition causing his spine to curve and he had been in a wheelchair for 7 years. He was OK with everything else until he started to have bouts of pneumonia and other chest infections which sadly led to emphysema.

2. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Welcome to the Hip Forums
    Enjoy your stay

Matt1979 likes this.
  3. PGA

PGA Senior Member

Hellow Matt1979
    Welcome to here. Everybody is happy to see new members. I am so sorry about your friend. That's the destination of humans, many things are out of our control, so we have to take advantage of a certain time, that is called our lives. John Lenon's teacher asked him, What do you want to be when you grow up? he answered happily, then his teacher told him, John, you don't understand the question John answered No, you don't understand life, I said, to be happy, his words are perfect, all of us should be happy nothing else. To be happy is an art which everybody has to be an artist.

Matt1979 and Running Horse like this.
  4. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Hello, Matt another UK member here.

Enjoy the Forum and a warm welcome from me.

Candy x

DrRainbow and Matt1979 like this.
  5. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Welcome to the forums brother. Nice story. Enjoy your stay

Matt1979 likes this.
  6. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to HIP - from a fellow UK-er (check out the UK sub-forum for local issues) = :)

Matt1979 likes this.
  7. Matt1979

Matt1979 Senior Member

Thanks for all your welcome messages

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  8. MusicMan321

MusicMan321 Members

Hi welcome!

Matt1979 likes this.
  9. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

Hello. :)

10. Drager1

Drager1 Members

Welcome to hip :smile:

Matt1979 likes this.
  11. Grand prix

Grand prix Members

Welcome to Hip from the U.S. Sorry about your friend. The daughter of some friends of mine is a special needs child, and amongst other problems she has scoliosis of the spine. It's sad to watch.
    Enjoy your time here!

12. Very Fast Car

Very Fast Car Members

Welcome to forum Matt. Sorry to read about your friend.

Matt1979 likes this.
  13. PGA

PGA Senior Member

Matt1979, I ubdrestand your feeling about your friend, Losing the life is unforgatable bad event in our life particularly when we lost our loved one. 25 years ago in a car accedent I saw how my dldest friend and collique has die while his head was on my laps. I have never forget his death and remember it time by time.

Matt1979 likes this.