Hello people, Im new here!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by winston Smiths Diary, Jan 26, 2005.

1. winston Smiths Diary

winston Smiths Diary Member

Hello my name is Harper, I live in North West England with my husband Rupert and my two dogs Gaspode and Snuffles, we have a gerbil called Wormtail.

At home we have a room dedicated to our beloved books, its our very own library. We own approxamatley 1000 books from JK Rowling to Gogol.

At the moment I am reading the Terry Pratchett Disc World Books, I think they are really funny, but they also have a dark side.

I am glad to be here and hope to be seeing you all in the forum threads.

Feel free to get in touch with me!

2. Diddy Dreads

Diddy Dreads Member

Hey im from up north too so nice to see a local in, i joined today too so can't say much apart from hey. Yeah love th discworld stuff and Harry potter books...the films aren't really my thing. Hope your all funky and having a good day!

3. Zer0_II

Zer0_II Member

Is your screenname in reference to the character Winston Smith from 1984? Just wondering. Welcome to the hipforums. I think you'll like it here. Peace

4. TattoedAquarian

TattoedAquarian Senior Member

~Well welcome stranger! (I love how 'bloody English' you sound by the way... -smiles-)
    I think Harper is a beautiful name and that your library sounds like an intellectual sanctuary. - I'm very jealous... Well, i wish you many happy posts and if you start any other of your own threads, feel free to pm (private message) me and i'll post something for you first thing when i get on... Have a wonderful day! (or night - I don't know what time it is in England...)

5. Diddy Dreads

Diddy Dreads Member

YAY we english rule! :D its 11:54 am at the moment for your info tis funky.

6. winston Smiths Diary

Wow, I wasnt expecting go big of a responce, to answer a few of your questions, yes my username is relating to George Orwells 1984, a great book!

Well thanks every one, nice to meet you!

7. Xiola

Xiola One Lonely Seagull

RAH! I'm a literature student living in North West England and my surname is Harper...just thought I'd share that with you :) :p

8. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

Hullo out there, hope you have fun here, welcome to hip forums...

9. winston Smiths Diary

Hello again! BT was down last night! Im on at last!

10. HipRenGirl

HipRenGirl Member

Welcome winston Smiths Diary! Pagan here too... my stepkids are teaching me all about Terry Pratchet. Very cool!

11. Earthwalker

Earthwalker Member

Hello and welcome to the hip forums. I'm new here as well.

12. redie*

redie* Member

welcome and enjoy :)

13. winston Smiths Diary

Im having a good time here, I have posted a few threads of my own already which have had great responses!

Its really friendly here!

Have a good day!