Hello I love you, won't you tell me your name?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by CloudFlower, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Lera

Lera Member

hey i'm Lera i live inear chicago. im a pacifist, i love life.. favorite band is Pink Floyd

not as bad where i live

2. rebubla72

rebubla72 Member

i'm an honest to whoever you wanna believe in Buffy (no vampire slayer jokes please; i was born way before that)...LOL. i live in Springfield, Illlinois. the armpit of Illinois. it's not too bad. i have 2 kick ass sons ( one has a mohawk - he's just finishing 4th grade & the other one is finishing 2nd grade and is doing 5th &6th grade work) they rock!!! i see them on the weekends and we raise all kinds of hell. i live with 3 awesome cats. i listen to everything from the Dead to Marley to Slightly Stoopid to HIM to Manson to Mozart to Coltrane to Slipknot to The Smiths to The Cruxshadowa well you get the picture. i am a total moe.ron though. LOVE LOVE LOVE moe. i read a lot and write horribly bad poetry. i have 18 tattos and my ears are 0g. i'm also a Zen Buddhist. The last hip place i was ...hmm...probably St.Louis for the Halloween Slightly Stoopid show; had VIP passes and met the band. one last interesting fact i'll tell ya: i have 2 spleens...LOL

3. tomarrow never knows

tomarrow never knows Member

4. Rickm373

Rickm373 Member

Hi I'm Rick, I'm from Boston, but currently live in Louisiana , the hippest place I've been, was when I was in Thailand , the country was beautiful as the woman were.and the drugs, the best....

5. VegOut024

VegOut024 Member

Name's Mike. I Play Guitar, Write Poetry, and listen to music. I live in new England, but I travel tons and am never home, and I never get to far because I always have to go back to work to get money. The Farthest I've been is CHicago. As soon as I get enough Money I want to get out to California. Looking at colleges over their. New England's a drag. It's pretty Liberal and all, but the people my age are horrible. They all think they're gangstas and everything. I suppose it's cuz I've lived here for 9 years, but I can't wait to get out of here. I'm a vegetarian and atheist. Favorite bands are Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, The Doors, Jefferson Airplane, Grateful Dead, CSNY, Allman Bros., and Pink FLoyd. I'm very Liberal, and can't wait for November 2008 when we finally get Nixon number 2 out of the White House.

Peace,
    Mike

6. Forget me not

Forget me not Member

Hi, I'm Kate. My favourite hobbies are: Writing poetry, reading, singing, drawing, painting, playing the trombone, being with nature, wearing flowers in my hair, loving life, listening to Tull and wishing peace and love to everyone I meet!
    The hippiest place I have ever been is stanton moore where I saw a load of hippies camping out in the stone circle. I wanted to run away from home and join them! We nearly visited stone henge this year but for some reason didn't...I was slightly miffed.
    My dream is to one day leave Manchester and go and live wild and free in the country with a load of like-minded free-spirits.
    Peace and love wished to one and all.

7. brainstew

brainstew Member

Hi, I'm Keyoshia. I have not a story nor a past to remember.

8. samluvsthebeatles

samluvsthebeatles Member

Im samantha, I live in Eastern Minnesota and will be going to an arts high school next year and focusing on modern dance. I love creating things. My favorite bands are pretty typical of a hippie (the beatles, jefferson airplane...etc) but i also like some modern things like gym class heros, the dresden dolls, the yeah yeah yeahs, peter, bjorn and john...

the hippest place ive ever been was northfeild minnesota, they have tons of little shops including coffee shops and none of them are chain stores, almost everyone is accepting of different ideas, theirs lots of homemade stuff, its really cool. and theres a protest of something going on everytime im there. if i go to college, ill be going to one of the ones there.

9. Mister J

Mister J Member

I am Mister J. I hate when morons here bash country music. Hank Sr and Johnny Cash are just as good as Elvis Presley and The Beatles.

10. rubbersoul

rubbersoul Member

Hi! I'm Laura and I'm from Vicenza, Italy. I love the Beatles, but also Led Zeppelin, Doors, Jefferson Airplane, Pink Floyd, Janis Joplin and others. Well, my hobbies are: playing the guitar and the bass, staying with friends, reading and spreading peace! I'd like also to travel around the world; I'm nearly vegetarian. The place where I've seen a lot of hippies is here in my little city at the march protest against the 'Dal Molin' military base!!!
    Peace&love

11. revulvar

revulvar Member

Hello!

I'm P. I'm from Portland, Oregon, raised in the Middle East, high school in D.C. and now in Bloomington, Indiana for college. I study political science and the Middle East.

I love.. lots of things. Hiking, biking, gardening, shows, making patches and stencils, taking really long road trips, digging for records, etc.

I have an eternal femme boner for the All Good Festival. Going there again this year, although I'm also a huge fan of smaller, local festivals. Musicwise, I like almost everything. Listing bands is a little too hard. I love industrial/EBM, synthpop, deathrock, digitial hardcore, drum and bass, bluegrass, funk, goth rock, anything experimental or with "fusion" in the genre name, etc.

I've traveled a lot in my life. Hippest places? Southern Virginia, Ashland and Eugene, Oregon, lots of places in North Carolina, Maine, New Hampshire, the middle of the Sahara, London, Paris (Latin Quarter!), Amsterdam, etc. And Bloomington is a pretty hip little town. In my experience, there are kind souls everywhere.

I have green hair. I'm vegan. Love piercings, tattoos, and poetry in other languages.

So, hi!

12. lunikka

lunikka Member

hi
    I`m Corrine or lunikka, as you wish
    I`m trying to live and to love.
    if you want than come with me

13. Mister J

Mister J Member

They are morons if they can't realize the importance of Hank Sr and Johnny Cash. I saw a stupid post on here asking why is Johnny Cash so loved. He is loved because he influenced many people in his life through his words and music. He was also the only artist that outsold the Beatles in record sales.

14. Freedom_Man

Freedom_Man Senior Member

me name is chris im from tennessee, i like music the doors,led zeppelin,grateful dead,marley all that good shit. like to chill with friends and all that, philosphy is fun just talking bout life and meaning of it. i like freedom i would love to travel one day. thats about it.

15. hip_peace

hip_peace Senior Member

I am Raymonda From Lebanon the hippest place i've ever been is My Soul

16. thehippie_08

thehippie_08 that girl

My full name is Elizabeth, but i prefer to be called Lizzie. Elizabeth seems like such a stuffy and stuck up name.
    I love almost every kind of music there is EXCEPT country. Favorite bands are: Led Zeppelin, The Doors, Grateful Dead, Bob Dylan, Jason Mraz, John Mayer and anything else that makes my heart beat a little faster.
    i love traveling although i almost never travel anywhere because i'm only 16, oh well, one day i will see the world and make every wrong a right. Why? because i want to. hehe.
    i love you!
    *hugs*

17. hitomi

hitomi Member

my name is roué!
    i'm from tunisia,i've never been to any hippy place,but i love music "all kinds", i paint, i play guitar and do a lot of stuff, but i hope i can do more to make this a better place!

18. Majestical`

Majestical` Member

Heya,

My name's James =]
    I'm 16, and from Australia!

My family is fairly political, with a mix of left and right, but for the most part left =]
    My mother is a trade union organiser, her sisters are high level public servants, her father used to be the state secretary of Unions WA.

Taking that into consideration, i've had a fairly politicised upbringing, always attending rallies and protests, community meetings etc.
    I'm big on fair-trade, i think it's disgusting the way we, in first world nations abuse our brothers and sisters in worse off countries for our capitalistic profit.

I'm big on psy-trance, where i'm from, there's a fairly 'alternative' scene called doofing,
    they're like free parties in the bush, mainly with trance music and followed by people with eco-centric minds, a lot of hippies there ;)

Aside from that, i do like contemporary alternative bands, mainly Smashing Pumpkins, Placebo, Bright Eyes, etc.

I'm a bit of a fuck-up, dropped out of High School, and TAFE (community/tech college),
    but i kind of have an open book philosophy on life, we're learning more everyday, and i learned more in those institutions than a curriculum could teach me.

Never the less, i've had my five minutes of fame!

James