Hello I love you, won't you tell me your name?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by CloudFlower, Apr 8, 2007.

1. thelonedude0089

thelonedude0089 Member

i am the lone dude. im from the planet earth.

2. idnam419

idnam419 Member

I'm Mandi. I was raised in rural NH, but now live in very urban Baltimore, MD, which I think I like although I miss the trees. I love to go camping, especially camping music festivals, and lying in the grass in the sun whenever I get the chance. I love, love, love music, and my favorite bands are Umphrey's McGee and Tea Leaf Green. I also like to listen to the Doors, Pink Floyd, Billy Joel, Ani DiFranco, and oldies from the 50's and 60's...not too much into modern radio hits though. Thank goodness there are lots of bands that come around Baltimore, because I was absolutely starving for live music back north.

To the guy from New York who loves Burlington, VT, I agree! That place is a very hip place to visit. I met Mike Gordon at a bar there once, so cool.

To the chick from Holland, I loved Amsterdam when I visited, one of the best vacations I've ever taken. And your English is very good! :)

3. Love_Her_Madly

Love_Her_Madly Member

Hi,
    I'm Alex (im a girl), I live in Australia and Im also into The Doors, The Beatles, Jefferson Airplane, Zeppelin and heaps of other bands from the 60's-70's...
    The hip-est place I plan to go to is the 'Forest Festival' that all of my guy friends go on about. I have to see what goes on!!
    The coolest place I've been so far - England and Holland.

4. IdentityCrisis

IdentityCrisis Member

My name is Jessie. I'm from Vancouver Island. Hippiest place I've been is Vancouver Island. Favourite bands: Spirit of the West, The Police, Marley, Zeppelin, Floyd, Great Big Sea, CCR. Favourite festivals: Band fest (Victoria), Symphony Splash (Victoria), Folk Fest (Victoria), Dragon boat fest (Victoria) Tall ship fest (Victoria), Luminara lantern fest (Victoria). Lifestyles: easy, carefree.

5. saltwater

saltwater Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

hey, i'm matt from Australia... if there is any nice people going to byron bay anytime soon, let me know, i'd love to hang out :)

6. wildflower16

wildflower16 Member

true, so what other bands do you like?

7. Bacchanalia

Bacchanalia Member

You know of the wonder that is Diogenes! I love you too!

8. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

The name's Josh, and I'm from Denver....Though I live in a little ass town in the middle of KY. There's a local festival close to here at Terrapin Hills farm (Harvest Festival). I've been going to that every year and looking forward to checkin out other festies soon. There is no hip scene were I live at all....There is a place called the Highlands right outside of Louisville that is pretty hip, but I don't get a chance to go there very often. My taste in music is very diverse. I like Slightly Stoopid a lot, as well as Tool, Sublime, Bob Marley, Bob Dylan, Hendrix, Floyd, Zeppelin, and G. Love and the Special Sauce. But I like stuff like Soundgarden, STP, Bush, Cold, Shinedown, Nirvana, Rage Against the Machine, and so on. I even listen to Slipknot, Manson, Static-X, Rammstien, Dope, System of a Down, etc. I could go on for days listing my favorite bands........

9. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

Hello all. The names Mary and living out in the country land in Pennsylvania. I'm 22 years old and just doing the whole nanny thing for my niece and nephew until something else comes around. I love being outside, especially when it's nice and sunny!! I dig all kinds of music but especially The Beatles, The Doors, Canned Heat, The Dead, Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, motown, and even some of today's music. I have been to some fun hippy places and hope to go to many more =)

10. Axis: Bold As Love

Axis: Bold As Love Member

My name is Fintan, and I'm from Malvern, England. That's Latin for fucking shite. I like Pink Floyd, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, The Cult, The Smiths, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Syd Barrett, Lynyrd Skynyrd and stuff like that.

I'm in Year 10 at The Chase Technology College, the same school as monkeylove, I want to fuck you and peace, love and metal.

My life is basically crap. I want to move to America.

11. CloudFlower

CloudFlower Member

Well my real name is Julietta... I love Jefferson Airplane and The Grateful Dead. I live in the Bitteroot Valley in Montana and I'm gonna have to say it is one of the hippest places I've ever been though the green hills of Virginia make my heart melt. My favorite festivals are Rainbow gatherings (of course) Barterfest and the Missoula Hempfest. Animals rock, and all nature does for that matter. I love nearly everyone and anyone, hugs rock. I love hiking, camping and rockclimbing and each of these I do nearly daily. I'm a social butterfly, without people I'd shrivel up and die. I smoke, pot and ciggarettes, physcadelics are good but I'm against speed and I rarely drink. Nearly five years now I've been look for a commune full of lovely people whom wear flower in their hair, I just need to live in a more social society. I have a car but no liscence because I feel with all the vehicles on earth maybe if all us hippies stop driving it could help the environment just abit. Well hell.... I can't think of anything else.
    I love you!

12. PoisonedPenny

PoisonedPenny Member

My name's Kristin. I'm originally from just outside D.C. I now live in this little pit of nothingness known as Roswell New Mexico. The hippest place I've ever been was London. I dig all kinds of music. Everything from Tool to The Monkees to Ani DiFranco to Sage Francis to Kaskade to Steppenwolf to Our Lady Peace to The Rogues. I'm just always down to chill and be cozy.

13. Audrina Mystique

Audrina Mystique Member

My real first name is Kimberley...it was suppozed to be Michelle, but my parents couldn't find a good second name to go with it. So it ended up as my second name. I've been to a lot of groovy places, but my favourite is still this small-ish town at the foot of Pike's Peak called Woodland Park (in Colorado, for those of us who are geographically impaired :) ). That is where I grew up, and it was a great little town. But we had to move south and east of there when my grandpa died, so grandma wouldn't be alone. I don't regret it, though. There are groovy people here, and I've gotten to know my grandma a lot better.

Anyway, there's not much else interesting about me...I'm an ancient Egypt FREAK, and you can ask me ANY question, I have an older sister, bla bla bla. Peace out.

14. Taran & Sharay

Taran & Sharay Member

My wife and I chose our personal names (Taran and Sharay) as opposed to our mundane modern names as part of a personal rebirth process. Although we are Taoists (with great respect for similar Zen and Tibetan Buddhist practicioners) we recognized that people in many cultures chose new names for themselves to mark a new start in their lives. Since we both definitively reject virtually everything about Judeo-Christian philosophy and culture, we chose names that have no association with that.

"Taran" is both an ancient pre-Christian Gaelic name meaning "Thunder" as well as a Hindu boy's name for "raft" or "heaven".

"Sharay" is Arabic for "palace" or "castle" (and is also the name of a female character on the Science Fiction TV show, Stargate.

15. Modern Hippy

Modern Hippy Member

Hey everyone. I'm Jess and I am from all over. Currently in KY til August - then to grad school in Missouri. I absolutely love John Denver, he was the greatest songwriter (or at least one of them). The greatest place I have ever been was the Marroon Bells mountain range between Crested Butte and Aspen. Colorado rocks in general, but out in the mountains - it's a religious experience singing Rocky Mountain High while being high in the Rockies. The scenery is amazing.

I like San Francisco too. I'm urging my other half to rock in Grad School so we can go to Berkley for our Doctoral. I haven't had much experience going to concerts or festivals but I'm hoping once we get out of the bible belt, things will change. I have been to a Grateful Dead concert 2 weeks before Jerry died! (one of only 2 concerts I've ever experienced). We just organized an anti-war protest at WKU on April 23rd. It was amazing to get my voice heard by thousands of students. Other "liberal" stuff we do is buy organic when possible, I don't shave often, we both have long hair, we drive a 4 cyclinder and plan to go to bio-diesel soon. And we're the only people on our street that recycles!

16. CloudFlower

CloudFlower Member

You all seem like very colorful people!

17. The Reverend

The Reverend Member

I'm J from Brighton, UK. It's a pretty cool place in itself, by the sea, a big counter culture thing going on here and is probably the least conventional city in the country. Lots of hippies, freaks, punks, anarchists, fashion victims, junkies and a massive gay scene. If you're ever in the uk it's worth checking out for sure.

Can't think of the best place I've ever been as different places have different things you like about them but I love India, in particular Himachal Pradesh. Berlin, Krakow, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Morocco, Cambodia and Laos are all great also and are up there in my top locations.

Would love to travel to Australia, South Africa, Israel, Pakistan/Afghanistan (if it weren't for the political climate) and Japan.

Was planning on visiting the States and maybe Canada next year for a bit to see friends, get stoned, bum around, do the Burning Man and laugh at everything (not an insult, I find most things ridiculous, america just seems to have more ridiculousness than other places).

Fav festival is Portugal's Boom Festival, the world biggest celebration of psychedelic culture. It's held every two years and I've been going since 2000. In england I prefer smaller folk festivals etc. I'm not too keen on going to places with excessive fences/security/sponsors etc even if the lineup is good, I'd rather go somewhere small and autonomous where I haven't heard of half the acts :) Voov and Fusion in Germany are both great as well.

I'm pretty open minded when it comes to music but fav genres are dub, ambient, goa/psytrance, jazz and glitchy IDM stuff.

:)

[​IMG] Over here the council won't take away your rubbish unless it's seperated into recyclable and non-recyclable!!! Everyone has to!

18. tinyd4nc3r

tinyd4nc3r Member

My name is Meghan and I'm from Montana. people always sterotype montana as somewhere in the middle of nowheresvillie but Montana is one of the most beautiful places on earth!!!!!!!!!!My fav bands are slighly stoopid, sublime, red hot chili peppers and JIMI!!!!!!!!!!!

19. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

Heya, everyone, my name is Dave. I'm from mid-michigan, US. Not a very interesting place, really.

I'm big into music; playing guitar and singing has become quite fulfilling for me. I also love getting fucked up on drugs, and getting fucked. hah. Yeah, well. I'd love to learn to surf, but ehm. No waves up here.

I've just completed my first year of college and I've already decided that I can't live here. I've got to get the hell out of this state or the country all together. Maybe I'll go to California, Florida, or Hawaii--whichever my girlfriend decides is best, I guess.

I haven't been to any festivals, really. I have, however, been to see Steppenwolf in concert. That's good enough for now. Guess I missed hash bash in Ann Arbor, bummer. I really wanted to go.

I'm into a lot of different kinds of music, old and some new rock, some metal, a little bit of rap (bone thugs?), a lotta reggae, folk, and also trance music. I guess if the instrumentals are good, and the lyrics are deep and colorful, it's good. Please, no gospel or country, that shit makes me sick :D

I'm a really open-minded person with a big heart for everyone and everything. It's a big weakness, though. Hm.

Oh I'm also very socially... progressive? I am really not with western culture right now, or industrialization in itself.

20. charmcityhippie

charmcityhippie Member

much love to the reverend. i lived in brighton all of last year, though i am originally from detroit michigan. once returning to the US, i moved to baltimore maryland, where i am now. my name is karma, i'm 25 and i've been to so many shows its not even funny. i can't say which would particularly be the 'hippest', because i think anyplace is hip where i can be with my friends.