Hello I love you, won't you tell me your name?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by CloudFlower, Apr 8, 2007.

1. CloudFlower

CloudFlower Member

Introduce yourself and stuff! Were are you from? and were is the hippest place you've ever been? Favorite bands, festivals, lifestyles?

2. wootier

wootier Member

My name is Jersey. I'm from New Jersey. I like music and I like Easter. I live in New York, but i think Vermont is fucking great. Burlington is a really chill place, I've been there like, 3 times, I'm think of going back there soon. Plus, NEw England has some really great festivals, I cant wait to go to one this summer. NEKMF especially only cus i cant pronounce it. What about you CloudFlower?

3. Kollontai

Kollontai Member

my name is Wing Tai, Yu. i am living in hong kong, china. my favorite band is jefferson airplane. there is no hippie liked group or people in hong kong. my living is boring and ordinary

4. iloveu

iloveu Member

my name is Nina im from Slovenia,small boring country near italy,austria...i LOVE
    travelling but i dont get the chance to travel so im stuck here..cant wait to go on my
    own very soon..to meet all you great ppl[​IMG]

5. Little Miss Strange

Little Miss Strange Member

My name is Emma and I am currently in Manchester, UK. My favourite band is Led Zeppelin and I have a penchant for a good beard! One day I would love to settle somewhere and have chickens and goats. And my own tipi! [​IMG]

6. iban

iban Member

My name is Klemen and I live in Slovenia.I love music from the 60s.My fav. bands are the doors, grateful dead, led zeppelin, jimi hendrix experiance,the allman brothers,cream, jefferson airplane,CSN&Y...I like being free and relax :)

7. Jonas

Jonas Member

my name is jesse, im from connecticut. i go to school at southern connecticut state university, its kind of a drag. not many hip people around here, mostly kids that are into that terrible urban thing that seems to be taking over the country. its cool to see people from around the world on here, thought it was mostly americans. bob dylan is my favorite artist, everything from the album covers to the harmonica to the philosophy behind the songs, its all amazing.

8. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

my name is Laurel. im from everywhere. my dad was in the military (drafted in the 70's). the coolest places i have ever been are asheville, nc and london, england. my favorite books are "Summer of Love" and "Dangerous Angels." My favorite bands are the beatles and the grateful dead. i am a vegetarian with yellow & green braces.i have 9 tattoos and two crazy cats. oh yeah and one crazy mathematican for a husband. ^_^

9. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

I'm Lauren. I'm from Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA, and its boring as hell is here. absolutely nothing to do. All the concerts i go to are in other cities, there's never any good bands here. But then of course, i don't like to many bands from today, in fact, i don't like hardly any music from today. All the good music was in the 50s, 60s (especially), and 70s.

I'm a HUGE Beatles fan. They're basically my life. John Lennon is my hero, and I'm also in love with him, which, is a problem, seeing as how he's dead. But, i think of it as my life duty to help finish what he started. I also love the beach boys, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley, led zeppelin, and tons of other bands and musicians.

I LIVE FOR MUSIC. I play guitar, a little piano, and clarinet/flute. I'm also considering taking up drums.

I already have my life planned out. As soon as I'm legal (almost there), my friend and I are buying a bus and spending are lives going around promoting peace. speaking of peace, I'm very much into it. I'm so anti-war its crazy, I'm a vegetarian, huge animal activist, anti-abortion, and i love taking pictures.

I belong in the 60s, and even though i live in the 21st century, everything i do, wear, say, reflects the 60s. From the definitions of 'what a hippie is' that I've read, i suppose i would fit under those categories, But really, i think defining what a hippie is, is just ridiculous. Everyone knows the stereotypes of what a hippie 'should be', but who's kidding who?

I also don't hate. What i hate is the actions people use, but i don't hate the person. People always say they are into peace and love, but then they are always talking about how they hate this type of person, or that type of person etc, and that's complete hypocrisy.

I'm a very fun person, also very opinionated. I have no problem sticking up for my beliefs, and people know that. And YES, i acknowledge that global warming is happening, and something needs to be done about it. Its humans that started it, and humans that need to fix it.

Oh, and I'm a myspace addict. I'm on every time i get on the computer, which is whenever I'm bored and have nothing else to do, and, living in Grand Rapids Michigan, I'm bored quite often.

But anyways, that's me. And if you actually read all that, I take my hat off to you, but, it'll have to be an imaginary hat, because I'm not really wearing one. :)

Peace&Love

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I'm Pavel, I'm from everywhere, and man... I like the moon.

11. rachaelc

rachaelc Member

My name is Rachael.
    I live in a pretty hip area (Amherst and Northampton are great towns)
    I LOVE sublime, the beatles and led zeppelin, those are my fabulous top 3.

12. dodger988

dodger988 Member

My name is Sam.

I'm from the northern burbs of Chicago. It sucks for anyone with a free mind. Comformity to prepihood is overbearing. Anyways, I belive in sustainable living, peace, love, and acceptance. Also, Tao. Can't forget that.

13. erikezikel

erikezikel Member

I'm Zamyang. From a lil place called Sikkim. I dropped out of college.
    I love the beatles and the doors.

14. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I'm Brie. I'm from Fargo, North Dakota.
    North Dakota's pretty damn dull. It's nice...but dull.

My favorite bands are the Beatles, the Doors, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Led Zeppelin, the Byrds, etc.

I'm into music, history, sci-fi, literature, science, Latin, other languages, movies, etc.

I'm so into the '60s. I have been my whole life, thanks to my parents. I'd give anything to go back and check it out.

15. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

i'm Alina (and please - not /alaina/ but /alina/) :)

and i'm from wonderland

i have a split personality

16. feralfey

feralfey Member

My name is Shawna. I was born in Pennsylvania and moved to New Jersey the summer after fifth grade. I still live in New Jersey, which I'm not real happy about. I'm married, and have two cats. I like most varieties of rock up until about 2000 or so. Some bands from after that I like as well. I love going to concerts, but I don't go to many anymore.

17. Ryver

Ryver Member

My name is Ryver. I live right outside of St. Louis, Mo but on the Illinois side. :)
    I have 3 beautiful cats. I enjoy ridding my bike and talking to new people. I am a festival virgin but will have my cherry popped at roo this year.

peace&love
    ryv

18. Cate8

Cate8 Senior Member

Heeeey cute blue haired girl!

My name is Caitlin! I am from the DEEP SOUTH! of Canada, toronto region. The hippest place I ever was was a magical drum circle and bonfire in the deep ass woods of North Idaho. Never had an experience like that before.

The picture in my sig is from the show Corner Gas, situated in Saskatchewan. It is my favourite show!!! Watch it if you ever can.

Im at Sheridan College in journalism school which is really hard :(

IIIII like summertime :) I have a cottage in Muskoka, SUCH a beautiful part of ontario, right on the lake. I would like to spend my whole summer there if I could.

19. badmoonrising11

badmoonrising11 Member

hey im lauren im from pennsylvania. i like books, writing, and other stuff. i listen to old punk and hippie music. my favs are jefferson airplane, fleetwood mac, generation x, stiff little fingers, and nirvana

20. josh55116

josh55116 Member

hello, my name is josh. i'm 32 and live in st. paul, mn. i like art, music reading and a good cup of coffee. i'm passionate about life, love, my goals and making a difference in the world.