Hello Hippie Land!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Viola, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Viola

Viola Member

Hello there all.
    I've been on these forums before, and I never seem to get settled in. So, I'm gonna try again and hopefully I'll find a home here this go round.

A little about me. I'm a lampworker. I am one of those glassworkers that still uses soft glass. I'm about to upgrade my equipment in a few weeks though so I can move on to pyrex and blowing glass. I'm very excited about this. Hopefully before too long I'll be making beautiful glass art other than beads.

I have 3 dogs. Our first is Ringo, a foxhound. We've had him for 3 years and he's my baby, he always will be. Then there is Moka Joe, who is a little chocolate chihuahua. He's a spoiled little sh*t who rules the roost. And finally, there is the most awesome dog in the world, Cactus, who we rescued this June. He's a retired greyhound and was in pretty bad shape when we got him. He's doing much better now, with a little patience and a lot of love, we have helped him to realize that he is safe and has a home with us. He is by far the most special of the dogs.

I also enjoy aquariums. We have a 55 gallon that is loaded with African Cichlids. I really enjoy the cichlids cause they change color and are very active.

I'm a literature major in my final semester. It's a doosy though with 5 literature classes. All the hard work will be worth it when I walk down that aisle though! Just 14 more weeks to go.

Hmmm...what else is there? I live in a little town in KY that is known for crafts and Appalachian stuff. I feel pretty lucky because it is a liberal town stuck smack dab in the middle of the Bible belt. Living in my hometown is probably the only way I stay sane, or I would have been gone a long time ago! I feel pretty lucky to live in a community where the Mayor waits at the city line to deny Rev. Phelp's hatred into our town.

Well, that's it for the introductions. I hope to make some friends here and have a good time.

Sami

2. Elanor

Elanor Member

Welcome here
    I have a dog too, his name is Dux. :))) my big hobby is music - the beatles exactly,, scouting and nature. We can talk more if you want :)))))))

Peace Elanor

3. Viola

Viola Member

What kind of dog do you have?
    I'm a big nature buff too. We are preparing to take a vacation out west to trek the Rae Lakes Loop. That's my graduation present to myself!!! And I can't wait. I'm just counting down the days.

4. redie*

redie* Member

Hello i'm a fan of dogs also. i have a toyduchshoon at home! but i'm far away from home, welcome to the forums.

5. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

hullo, hope you have fun here, welcome to hip forums...

6. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

:) hello and welcome... ;)