Hello Everybody! I'm here!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by No Quarter, Apr 9, 2007.

1. No Quarter

No Quarter Member

Hey!

I'm an 18 years old (female) music lover from Istanbul, Turkey!
    Going to university, improving myself for school of music...
    Hmm, what can i tell you? :H

Playing classical and electric guitar, singing (i guess i'm a mezzo-soprano), playing flute...

And...a big big big Led Zeppelin fan!

Favourite kind of music, blues, 60s, 70s...

I think i was born in wrong time =(

Wish i could make a time machine than i could go back to Woodstock '69!

That's me!

2. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

Hello & Welcome to the forums.
    You will find lots of musicians here!
    I was fortunate to be able to see Led Zeppelin on stage in 1968. Was a great concert!
    I hope you have a great time.
    Peace to you..... Farmout :)

3. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

Hey,

I love Led Zeppelin and would love love love to have been at Woodstock! Would have been amazing!

From what I know of this forum - alot of people are the same! So you should find some cool people!

Love and Peace x

4. No Quarter

No Quarter Member

@Moon_Beam

I'm sure that i'm gonna find cool people here!

@farmout

wish i could be lucky as much as you... but, there is a rumor here, according to this rumor, Robert Plant and The Strange Sensation will be in Turkey on this summer...I hope that's true :drool: That will make my dreams come true :)

5. Dudley Do Right

Dudley Do Right In Your Head

Istanbul, not, Constantinople, one of the cradles of life…. What school of music are you planning to attend?….I’m a musician myself and have been playing guitar for over 30 years….Our taste in music seems to correlate, good luck in all your future endeavors and have a great time while on The Hip Forums….DDR

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Quote of The Day
    Martin H. Fischer: "Education is the process of driving a set of prejudices down your throat."

6. No Quarter

No Quarter Member

oh i'm planning to go to conservatory, humm how can i say, "opera singing" for improve my singin' techniques...i think i am not good enaugh to go to guitar department.

and...like you said, i'm so glad that there are a lot of people who has same music tastes here! then you're one of them, cool :)

by the way, have you ever been in Istanbul? you said "one of the cradles of life":) it's so hard to define Istanbul like this if you didn't see this city ;)

7. Dudley Do Right

No, I’ve never been, but I’m intrigued by it’s colorful history, from the Byzantine and Ottoman empires to Constantine The Great and then to the Turkish Sultans….I’m a history and geography buff and I’ve seen many documentaries about the city and it’s history on the Bosporus….I also saw, “Midnight Express,” and I’ve smoked some awesome Turkish hash….

8. No Quarter

No Quarter Member

i'm so glad that there are some people interested in Istanbul...and i know that movie, but don't like it because it doesn't show the truth...that is not Turkish people..anyway!

then, i'll promise i'll post a pic of mine with unbelieveable Istanbul view soon :)

9. Dudley Do Right

Hmmmm, It was based on a true story and I'm glad Turkish aren't that way....

10. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

WeLcOmE tO tHe FoRuMs!

11. No Quarter

No Quarter Member

yeah believe me even the real character (not in the movie) told that he didn't see things like that! damned prejudice... anyway this is not the right forum topic to discuss things like that i guess :)

12. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

Hey there, and welcome to the forum! I'm Lauren :)

13. No Quarter

No Quarter Member

nice to meet you Lauren, i'm Aygen! :)

14. Sitting Wolf

Sitting Wolf Member

My name is Tobin, and I came to this site looking for people who had heard of bands such as the Grateful Dead, because where I come from, there is no one else who has. Finally, I've found people who listen to and appreciate them. I come from Ireland, and mostly listen to music from the 60s. My favourite musicians are the Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, and the likes. I hope I get a chance to know some of you while I'm here. Peace.

15. YellowOchre

YellowOchre Member

You are here! Finally!

Good to see you, welcome to the forum! :)

16. Freekowtski

Freekowtski Member

How many movies are not telling the real truth of what would happen? The most of them are distorted, and they are showing us a different reality. And, if you notice, the majority are treated in the historically important context, Roma, Greece, Turquia,... That's nice to watch them, yeah... but you are quite ill-informed, then,...

Peace And Love.

17. No Quarter

No Quarter Member

@Sitting Wolf

good to see you here :) i adore Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane etc. you can send personal message if you're searchin' for friends to talk about music :)

@Freekowtski

yeah i agree to you that most of that movies showin' us a different reality =) but i have no idea...in which subject i am ill-informed? like i said before i'm sure that this is not the correct topic to discuss these kind of things :) then there is a thing called personal message :)

18. mandell

mandell Banned

Hi No Quarter,
    Welcome to this site.
    I like Turkey, fascinated with it's people, culture, history, architecture, art, music, etc. and yeah, the Turkish hash too. Lol. : )

Hope you enjoy your stay here.
    Don't worry if you think you were born 38 yrs. late.
    The spirit of Woodstock 69' lives on in our hearts.

PEACE.

19. Ronni

Ronni Member

what is up in school board need a boy friend any one open

[​IMG]

20. No Quarter

No Quarter Member

Hello Mandell! Thank you so much, yeah that's right i still think that i was born in a wrong time but to share this soul with people like you makes me sooo happy :)

and...wish i could invite all of you guys, to a festival in Turkey called Barisarock, which means rock for PEACE...as a viewer or as a performer, that would be great...but different continents makes it so hard i guess!

love

and

peace

:)