Hello all, I'm the new guy :-)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by neohippy81, Jan 27, 2005.

1. neohippy81

neohippy81 Member

Hi everyone! I'm new to the hipforums. I'm 23 living in Washington (missing sunny California badly) And I concider myself... a neohippy? I've been enamoured with the 60's early 70's all my life and I can't tell if I was just born in the wrong era or if I've just beenreborn in this one (perhaps an OD in the 60's?) and am trying to catch up and make up for lost time. In either case I've always subscribed to the philosophies of that time (or of all time, just forgoten perhaps) of love, peace, freedom, mind expansion through all means be it yoga, study or substance, and that constant struggle to rid oneself of materialism... something that seems hard in any day-in-age, but especially now with the luxuries of technology such as the internet and such. I found myself growing up in the rave scene which I suppose is my generations version of this quest, though, and I know I could be wrong, but I see ravers as a lot less passionate in their stuggle where as many hippies and free thinkers stood up to "the man" and were a lot moe active in their quest rather than just taking a pill to forget their troubles... Am I wrong? Anyway, I'm here to learn from those who've been there and whom I look up to and to connect with others like myself... Yeah!
    Peace, man!

2. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

Hullo out there, hope you have fun here, welcome to hip forums...

3. austin69

austin69 Member

I've been here for a month now, and i think youll find this place great!

4. kindwoman

kindwoman Sista Golden Hair

Hi neohippy, I hope you like it here! There's a lot of assholes on this forum,(to my dismay) but there's also a bunch of hip cats on here too...Nice to meet ya! ;)

5. neohippy81

neohippy81 Member

Thanks you guest, I already feel all warm and toasty inside :)
    ... Maybe that's my coffee too...

6. Earthwalker

Earthwalker Member

Hello and welcome to the hip forums. I'm new here as well.

7. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

welcome :) to ;) the :D forums!

8. neohippy81

neohippy81 Member

Y'alls right! This is an awesome place to hang out!

9. redresonant

redresonant Member

welcome focus your mind****