Heels....

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by sophieclair, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

They also make women more attractive because they tighten the leg muscles and butt and make it a bit rounder looking. I don't wear heels though they hurt, I'm clumsy enough as is, and I'm already tall.

2. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Three inches is as high as I'll go, for business, and only when visiting companies that are very formal and pretentious. Otherwise, I'm wearing flats or sandals. Around my own office, I'm barefoot all the time.

Spending a lot of time in high heels can do catastrophic damage to your feet, leading to surgery in middle age, with a long recovery time. Arthritis is also a risk. Chinese foot binding isn't much more cruel or unrealistic.

The trick is to put as little weight on the heel as possible, using it primarily for balance, except when standing still.

3. MidlandsBarefooter

MidlandsBarefooter Members

I find heels super easy to walk in as long as the heel isn't too thin, just get some platforms like I got this great 5" pair from New Look that I love if I go out drinking. I have a condition called Dyspraxia that affects balance so I can't walk in thin heels. Although personally Brogues are my favourite shoes.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Heels are great. You hear those clicks and you know somewhere some decent looking chick is walking around. :)

3 people like this.
  5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It depends on where you are.

Downtown during the business week, maybe.

On the weekend, in walmart, with distressed jeans and a cropped tank...just another cheap looking idiot.

1 person likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm thinking of the office girls. :d

7. Mattekat

Interesting, I Googled dyspraxia and one of the related disorders is sensory processing disorder, which I have. Not go to lie, I had to Google Brogues too...

8. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

I'll wear low heels for a dressy occasion (thank god it doesn't happen often) but that is it! Any woman that wears them a lot will experience pain and some even permanent damage to their feet, knees and back. They are so bad for your posture, although yes, it is appealing to men, makes your legs look longer, pushes the chest forward and raises the buttocks.(I say that just like Forrest Gump) In other words, you are totally out of alignment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  9. secret_thinker

secret_thinker Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

They hurt my back but that "click clack" sound, Mmmmmm Hmmm

1 person likes this.
  10. Blu3sLady

Blu3sLady Members

Remember those awful platform heels? I can't tell you how many times I fell off them in my younger wild days. When they first hit the scene, I was sooo excited because I'm sooo damn short. I wore them onstage once playing a gig at an Enlisted Man's club at a naval base. The sailors had recently waxed the wood floor of the stage and halfway thru the first set my ankle turned and I started to fall off my platforms.... they skidded sideways on the wax and I went flying butt-first into the bass drum.

My only standing ovation that night. Me Dear old Da was in the audience and he started yelling... 'That's my girl!'.

2 people like this.
  11. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Bravo....Bravo....[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  12. Blu3sLady

Blu3sLady Members

heh

Thank you... Thank you.. Total doofus clumsy... one of my many talents.

13. Aerianne

Heels were great for dancing when I went out. I never could dance in flats.

14. Mattekat

You dance better while teetering around on your toes?

15. Aerianne

Yes! I took ballet for a couple of years. Maybe that has something to do with it, lol

16. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I just found the perfect pair for situations where standing in heels for a long period of time is socially required. They are wedges with ankle straps. That combination minimizes the risk of injury to any part of your foot or ankle.

17. Mattekat

When on earth are heels socially required? Are you secretly the queen or something? I'm pretty sure even she doesn't wear ridiculous heels though...

18. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Not very often. I push the limits. Sometimes I'm the only female in sight wearing flats.

19. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I'm terrible with heels! In fact, I don't think I own a pair anymore. They are just too ridiculous, dangerous, and uncomfortable. Especially since most events where I feel the need to wear them involve alcohol. I can barely walk in heels when sober.

20. Kath1

Kath1 Members

Very uncomfortable. Very nasty. I don't know how those people even walk in some of those heels! For me it is sandals and flats. A little platform some times but no high heels.