heavily accented

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by FrozenMoonbeam, May 15, 2004.

1. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I know of the different accents. THe brooklyn one, southern, western, etc.

When I say "American", I am refering to the stereotypical, rhythm less, soundless, and un-melodic media accent.

2. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

Hey, I find nothing wrong with our media accent. It sounds Good. Thats all, and goodnight.

3. Ediction421

Ediction421 Member

Uh, yeah, scratch that previuos post, it didn't come out right...

4. antithesis

antithesis Hello

If you don't like monotonous then definitely don't listen to National Public Radio.

5. ImaPeach

ImaPeach Member

Ok, so now i know i need to be specific.
    American accents i can't stand are Californian, upstate New York, Georgia and Texas. But I love Minnesota, Virginia and the Carolinas.

Within Australia I think the Tassy accent is the most fun! Everyone in Queensland can just jump off a cliff right now please. As can all the people with wog accents... not to be racist! oim a wog meself but i doynt see der poynt in tawking loike a moron!

But Irish and Welsh are definetely the sexiest overall!

6. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I hate the California valley girl accent. Glad I don't like talk like that.

7. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Peter Jackson, director of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, has a New Zealand accent. :D Don't know if you've heard him speak before, but he was everywhere on the television after sweeping the Oscars this year.

I love British accents. Any kind of accent that comes from the UK will send me into a tizzy! I love them! I also enjoy Aussie and Kiwi accents. <3

8. Harmony_rain

Harmony_rain Keeper of the Stars

I love accents. I don't hate any. they are all sexy to me. You got an accent you can talk to me all night and I'll just sit there and listen.
    Though my main favs are(in order of favs):
    Aussie
    Irish
    Scottish
    French
    German
    New Foundlander hehe
    Nova Scotian

9. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

mmm Brittish and Aussie accents are great. I hate deep south redneck area type accents. The accent where every word is slang for something else. These people SEE and hear others talk normally, why can't they? It's like they're proud to sound stupid.

10. Erin

Erin Member

LovE taking the piss out of the Kiwi accent

Not like so much.. the annoying American accent… where they open their mouth up way to wide, ewwww

Shivers

Love the Wales accent.

the wogs are the best to take the piss out of oh and the good'ol aussie bogans

11. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

lol, don't worry we love taking the piss out of you guys too :D . Good times all round, really.

12. Erin

Erin Member

oh i know.. i live with a coupple,.... my parents, when my friends call they ask, wheres you're mum from.

fiesh and chups
    yets get pussed

13. FrozenMoonbeam

FrozenMoonbeam nerd

lol... you mean feeesh and cheeeps. and i notice you have made sex posts. good work :)

14. Summertime

Summertime Member

Ditto British. I often wonder what accent people think of as a "British one." For a small country we have a lot of accents! Especially as Britain can be split into 4 different countries as it is, which a lot of people forget ;-). My favourite accents are the Southern Irish (Dublin, mainly) and French (mainly around Dijon) Mmm....so sexy! Hehe.

Summer. xx.

15. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I don't have an American accent......I'm Canadian :D ! So take off, you hosers! :D

My son has a Russian friend and I have a terrible time understanding what his parents are saying! So any accent that is interfering with my understanding the convo is a bad thing.
    I do like Sean Connery's voice, and Captain Picard's (Patrick Stewart) voice. And there's a certain Southern drawl I'd like to hear.....he knows who he is. ;)

16. Huckleberry Finn

Huckleberry Finn Member

Hey, I'm from upstate NY! We don't have an accent!!:p

17. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

I LOVE your accent Rubey! <3!

18. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

Faves: Surfer, English Soccar Hooligan, Cholo
    Hates: Thick southern, retard-gangsta

19. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

Likes :the midlands British accent, Scottish, Irish, all good, NYC area I like, Spanish from Spain is good

Dislikes: a lot of the London accents, the stereotypical california accent, the stereotypical deep south accent, a lot of the Australian accents (sorry guys, no offense and yours might be ok)

20. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i dont like cali accents, deep southern accents or french accents.