Heath Ledger in movies?

Discussion in 'Movie Stars' started by Tripwired, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Tripwired

Tripwired Member

Ok so don't get me wrong...I love Heath Ledger and all, but when I watched the golden globes and the Dark Knight Director came on stage to accept Heath's award..I was just curious because he started praising Heath's acting history...but I thought about it and I'm not sure what other really good or popular films he's been in besides DarkKnight and 10 Things..?

2. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

a knights tale, brokebrooke mountain, candy...

3. Tripwired

Tripwired Member

hmmm I'm not too familiar with Candy, but I definitely forgot about BrokeBack Mountain...crazy! Heath was good in that..that movie was good because it was different

4. stacy lulu

stacy lulu yeeeaah buddy

lords of dogtown...monsters ball..the patriot...

i love heath- he was my crush in the 90s hehe and to see him do the joker, made me curious cause he never played such a role but i did cry when that award went to him :(

R.I.P love

1 year tomorrow since his death

5. prax

prax Member

i didnt really rate him. imo his performance in the dark knight has been hyped up beyond its credit coz the guy died.

6. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

that's soo not true!

7. babig0tback

babig0tback Member

I disagree as well. I think he's one of the best actors of our time. His work in Brokeback mountain was amazing.

Today is also the anniversary of his death. RIP.

8. stacy lulu

stacy lulu yeeeaah buddy

you're smoking crack :rolleyes:

RIP

9. Stickman120

Stickman120 Banned

Lol, the guy's performance was hyped up way before his death, just because people show respect doesn't mean it's being hyped up because he died. You don't get an Oscar just for dying, you get one for being talented. Whether you like Heath or not, he was headed towards being THE MOST TALENTED actor of our generation, but he was prematurely taken from us. Besides that, TDK & 10 Things aren't the only movies people liked with him...I'd never watch it but many people thought he was exceptional in Brokeback Mountain, and others.

R.I.P Heath

10. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

exactly! I personally didn't like The Dark Knight, I thought it was too technical and complicated but his performance in it was amazing. I was totally drawn in and couldn't wait for him to reappear.
    I love how he pushed himself, rejecting the simple roles as just the 'heart throb' he was bold with choosing interesting and fresh parts.

RIP

11. Stickman120

Stickman120 Banned

Agreed, he was an actor whom literally changed his personality for every role. A lot of actors you see now adays portray the same person in every movie. Heath didn't believe in that, he believed in literally creating a new character for each film. In TDK, everyone in my theater loved the parts featuring Joker, and couldn't wait to see him again.

What really makes me sad about him passing is that we're missing out on a great actor, but more importantly his daughter is missing out on a father, and that's what makes me sad.

R.I.P

12. Father22

Father22 Member

Some very good actor played very well some roles in movies of minor importance or quality. They can be very good without always playing in very good movies. Think about Jack Nicholson and GĂ©rard Depardieu. That's what happened to Ledger. He's probably been great as an actor (I say probably because I don't know him very well) but all of the movies in which he appeared were not as great as he was.

I think it's a tribute he deserved.

13. ChrisGriffin

ChrisGriffin Member

Heath Ledger was amazing in TDK, and I thought that he really delved deep into the role. It was the most twisted and psychotic performance I've seen since Kevin Spacey in Se7en. I plan to check out his other movies in the near future to fully scope his acting abilties.

Btw, did you guys know that Heath Ledger was originally the first person chosen to portray Spider-Man, but he turned down the role? I read it over at Yahoo, and I'm kind of glad because if he took the role we'd have never seen him as the Joker.

14. SmilingFace

SmilingFace Member

no way thank god he didnt do spiderman....i liked the whole geek turned spidey idea...Heath is too cool too pull of nerd..so while we r on the topic of gay-related movies n such I keep seeing previews for this movie about a teen boy who commits suicide because his mother goes balistic on him and tries to change him and stuff..based on a true story sounds interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vAfBXW1e6U

15. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Heath Ledger is DEAD!?? :eek:

16. ChrisGriffin

ChrisGriffin Member

You're the dumbest peice of shit that I've seen around these boards in a long while. Someone's death isn't something to joke around you idiot fuck.

17. Luxiebow

Luxiebow Senior Member

true, notttt funny. lame ass and un-unique (forgive me I'm drunk) but honestly, the point of that????????

18. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

[​IMG]

19. HushBull

HushBull Insuperior

Shut up, you're just a repressed faggot. You know it too. Don't worry. I don't mind.

20. Stickman120

Stickman120 Banned

How's he a fag? It's true, making fun of someone's death isn't cool, nor is it funny.

Also, aren't the people calling other's fags usually gay themselves? Don't worry, I can wait for you to figure it out.