Heart problems on underweight people while high?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by Pitros, May 14, 2007.

1. Pitros

Pitros Member

Most of the time i smoke i feel a strange heartburn like if my heart was going to explode for not having enough space on my chest to beat ahead,but see that doesnt happen all the time i smoke just one time or another independent of the tipe of bud i smoke, but fact is that i am 6.2 high and weight 132.4 pounds so acording to the medic i am underweight close to anorexia,so anyone thinks that smoking bud might be a bad idea for someone in my state?Fact is that i get real high for just a coule of tokes and i have a very small resistence but sometimes i dont fell a thing in my chest or are MAYBE are just gases that are making my chest hurts?No idea any help will be grateful

2. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

No idea man but I'm in the exact same condition. I still smoke.

3. hippy i am

hippy i am poppy seed bagels

Same here. I'm sure we'll be fine.

4. Pitros

Pitros Member

Well in the case of any of you two end up in the ER with a heart failure let me know cos thats what i think is going to happen to me

PS:Any of you notest the if you put the midle of your right hand fingers over your heart in the central spot you fell like hes going to explode?This really ruins the high for me but if i dont fell him its like if i waskissing death you know?

5. hippy i am

I've kisses death many a-times.
    But we're young.
    It'll be virtually impossible to have a heart failure from toking up.

6. hippy i am

The main thing I worry about is my lung collapsing.
    I smoke pot and cigarettes.

7. Pitros

Pitros Member

Well yeah man but my corporal mass is 17.0 the minimun should be 18.5 under 17.5 your clinically anorexic so makeing your blood pressure going up from toking could overload an already weakened heart?Making it to stop?

8. hippy i am

I don't know. I'm not overweight. I'm average. I could atand losing a few pounds though. :) But I don't know. Maybe it's just something that happens some times. Or all the time. I do coke, too. Ever since I started coke, which I don't do anymore now, but my heart is fucked up now. It beats real fast at weird times and causes my chest to hurt some times. But at least, that's my ordeal. Never do coke. It fucks up your heart.

9. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

^hopefully itll get better again? :)

Er, I dunno. I know that I myself and thin, I dunno if its anorexically thin, but I have lost lotsa weight living in Gemrany, mostly cuz my host family eats nothing.

But no, Ive never felt hatt way. Ive felt that my heart was going fast, but that is, as Ive realized, just an illusion you feel when stoned...atleast for me it is. But no Ive never thought itd explode...

10. Stella_Drives

Stella_Drives Senior Member

Is that the same as BMI (body mass index?) I'm pretty sure it's the same. BMI's for people with eating disorders usually range from 14 to 17. Are you naturally thin or restricting what you eat? Just because you are naturally thin does not mean your are "anorexic". If you are naturally thin, have all proper nutrients and electrolights your body needs, you should not have to worry about the heart problems anorexics experience due to malnutrition. It's common to experience palpatations after smoking, regardless of weight.

11. Stella_Drives

Then again, if your heart is really worrying you, go to a doctor to be safe.

12. 420fuchs

420fuchs speaks the truth.

I think this is only your imagination running wild, whenever I stone I am more aware of my heart beat, but I could see how someone might panic and think their heart is racing, and in turn make it worse

13. hippy i am

Yeah, you think yourself into a panic attack. I've done it before. But if you just keep in mind that you have smoked drugs and taken drugs, and this is normal, then don't fret. How many 17 year olds do you know have died from heart attacks from smoking pot. Maybe pot isn't for everyone and that Brazil kid just needs to stay away from it.

14. Pitros

Pitros Member

Neh,i have a cardiologist in about 4 houers but man weed IS for me the only reason to me post this is that i NEVEr felt this stuff and i smoke since my 13's but i start to think that mayby was contusio on my rip over the heart?Dont know but i remember of hitting reaaly hard after falling doped and blackin out and i nne a decision (nothing to do with this treadt but still)gonna loose 10 pounds gonna be good feeling that light mind like the times i had to take drugs to get fat miss the old days of malnutrition

15. hippy i am

I didn't understand a word of your garble? It's mindless, I tell you. Mindless!

16. nirmalamaya

nirmalamaya Member

yeah all of this is very hard to understand..
    I have a tachycardia and ive had it since i was little..every now and then when i smoke it gets SO bad to the point of me really being in fear of whats going on inside my chest but...
    you have to pace yourself..know your limit..know the feeling of scaryness and once you reach it..stop smoking! smoking is FUN you cant ruin it for yourself.
    pot wont directly cause any heart problems for you but if you have an underlying issue..then you need to be careful and know your tolerance.

17. Pitros

Pitros Member

Mindless?Thats why most of my friends dont talk with me much they say "Man i dont undestand the words that you speak so stop babling and start talking " When a child had to make classes with comunication doctor ya know?Just cos i am a genius,you know kick ass smart in some stuff ,but cant process the comunication function or maybe i am fucked up ...hell....

LET THE GOOD SPIRITS POSSES YOU MAN!!!!

18. WeedIsMyAntiDrug

WeedIsMyAntiDrug Member

sorry buddy i cant help ya..im overweight, have asthma and smoke lots of pot...now thats straight dedication brotha :H

19. forwardventure

forwardventure Member

Just a thought...Our hearts have muscle mass around them that help push the blood in and out right? People who are underweight tend to have less muscle mass than their heavier peers..so it would make sense to say that yours has to work harder, which could be causing pain.

Also, keep in mind that inhaling smoke into our bodies is unnatural and unhealthy, so it's not unusual for the body to react in pain to a foreign substance contaminating it.

20. Stella_Drives

Anorexics actually have LARGER heart muscles than most because it is working so hard, it grows bigger than it's suppose to. The hearts muscle mass only begins to get smaller when a person is so far into malnutrion that their bodys have already exceeded ketoacidosis (fat burning) and moved on to burning muscle for energy.

I'm really hoping Pitros is naturally thin though, not anorexic.