Heart Issues

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by deadonceagain, Dec 29, 2004.

1. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

but anywya, in normal circumstances, a fast heart is not a good thing, because it means youll have a really high blood pressure

however, when your stoned, your blood vessels expand, and so the fast heart rate is in fact healthy.

2. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

exactily, and that is why your eyes get bloodshot too.

everytime i check out this thread i take my pulse...and i was suprised that my pulse was 60. it hasent been 60 since december 14. because as i said before my avarage is 80... hmmm... i am a daily weed smoker but havent had any weed in 5 days. but i dont think that is the cause.

anyway stoner bill is right, increasing heart rate while high is ok because your vesseles expand...but that is only safe to keep your blood pressure down its not safe if you have a weak heart, there have been many cases of heart attack while high because of people with week hearts.

3. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

The way to know your avg heart rate is to test it right when you wake up, before you sit up or do anything. That's the standard from which you should go by. Otherwise, stress, the "effort" of sitting, walking, digestion and all that stuff will make your heart beat faster and skew the results.

4. Cosmo4

Cosmo4 Member

Stupid question, but how do you check your heart rate?

And since your blood pressure is up, your vessels expand, and your heart beats faster, is your body 'exercising'? I wonder because I seem to have a very fast metabolism (maybe it's just because I smoke so much) but I'm a daily smoker and I'm real skinny (5'8 120lbs) even though I eat a whole lot! Could some of my skinniness be attributed to pot?

5. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

do you know how to take your pulse? If so, when you wake up and are laying in bed, count your pulse for a minute. Since heart rate is "beats per minute" that's all there is to it.

6. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

There are no cannabinoid receptors in the parts of the brain that control heart rate, or breathing. There still isn't much clear information on marijuana's effects on the heart. I would assume with a fair amount of certainty that it's quite safe. It's drugs like cocaine that cause people problems with the heart.