Headache question

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Super_Grrl, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

How long should you have a (more or less) continuous headache before you get worried?? :confused:

2. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Depends on the kind of headache you have.

Some headaches are cause by dehydration and if you drink water that will help.

If it's a piercing headache, one that makes you see fuzzy and hurts to open your eyes you probably have a migraine. Those can last 3 hours to 72 hours. I get horrible migraines but I take Imitrex and that helps me.

I've had a catscan and a few other tests and the Doctors found nothing. LOL!!!! Migraines can be caused from all different things, weather, pms, hormones, allergies.

Cold cloths help on the spot where it hurts.

I hope you feel better.

How long have you had it?

3. hiro

hiro pursue it

Well I went three weeks before I freaked. It ended up being a virual sinus infection. Anyway has it been happening like 24/7?

4. Juggalo4ever

Juggalo4ever KingoftheChubbyGirls

U have headaches constenetly, I get worried when i don't.

5. Love_N_it

Love_N_it Banned

get worried about what?

6. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

It started last Sunday (so a week ago exactly). At first I thought it was stress because Sgt. P was so sick, and then after he died I figured it was because I was sad and upset... and then I thought maybe it was because of that time of the month... but it all seems rather dumb, because I don't usually get headaches.

The only headaches I usually get are sinus headaches, but that's not what this is. This pain is from one temple, across my entire forehead, and stops at the other temple. It's freakin me out! It's not so bad right now, but last night when I went to bed I thought I was getting a fever or something, it hurt so much. I dunno... :(

Sorry to hear you get migraines Peanuts, any suggestions for a headache n00b?

7. hiro

hiro pursue it

Is is all of the time or just periodically?

8. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I've had a headache since last sunday too. but I've been sick, so I attribute it to that

9. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

Hey Hiro...it's pretty much all the time, although sometimes it hurts more than others. Like right now, it's hurting a lot on the left side but not a lot on the right. But earlier today the whole thing was hurting...

10. hiro

hiro pursue it

Might be a migraine then. Does light hurt it more... although if it was a migraine then you would not be in this much pain for this long. Just go to the doc.

11. Peanuts

Peanuts Nutz

Migraines can last all the time depending on what kind you have. There are also cluster headaches. This doesn't sound like that though. I would go to the Doctor and ask for something to help you with them if IB profen doesn't help.

Headaches can also be caused from lack of serotonin in the brain, a chemical imbalance.
    Lots of things can trigger them.

Have you tried taking anything for them?

12. kindwoman

kindwoman Sista Golden Hair

I've had headaches since I was 17 & I've been diagnosed with everything under the sun: sinus, tension, migraines, etc. I've had CT scans of my head, MRIs, X-rays...They finally figured out I had a disc herniation in my neck. They did surgery, & I'm still in pain---AFTER ALL THAT!

13. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

I've been taking extra strength ibuprofen which does help, at least for a while. I'm beginning to wonder if it's time I checked in with my chiropractor. I haven't been for a while, probably since August. Grrr... I don't know I don't know! I swear if I'm coming down with something II'm going to be PISSED.

Kindwoman, I'm sorry you're still in pain after going through all that. I hope you find something to help you. :)

14. kindwoman

Thanks Super Grrl!

15. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

I once had a headache for 10 1/2 years straight. Then I got divorced and have been fine every since.

16. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

OlHippie you crack me up :D

17. kindwoman

Hee hee that was funny! :)