head over heels...

Discussion in 'UK Music Forum' started by Jaz Delorean, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Jaz Delorean

Jaz Delorean Senior Member

..in love with a hammond organ....
    i went into the music shop today to buy an electric piano, and what did i see out of the corner of my eye, but a real hammond organ with a leslie speaker next to it.... WOOOOWWWW..... :D i couldn't resist it!! i spent the next half an hour with it, and one day i'll go back and get it... oooh man, it's amazing!
    the sound of a Hammond is the most incredible sound of any instrument! wow!
    i did buy the piano...and the guy in the shop was trying to discourage me from the piano, and tried to get me to buy the organ instead... but my student loan wouldn't stretch that far...
    :p ahh i love it...
    Jaz

2. roly

roly Senior Member

wow...excellent..get a photo of piano and show us!!! Its fun buying musical instruments..but almost gutt wrenching when u hav to leave other ones behind!
    Roly.xxx

3. UrsusKind

UrsusKind U like Chris Farley?

yeah money is societes way of keeping us free spirts from being in a nirvana like stae at all times.

My Dad had a Hammond B3 but we moved to Germany and the movers stole it. I was my dads since he was a young man and he used it on stage when he played funk and blues al over the south east so it was a real sad day to be unpaking in a new state and not have the organ there. You can replace it but it was from the 70's and that sound is just so ard to get on newer stuff.

4. Jaz Delorean

Jaz Delorean Senior Member

he had a B3??!! and they stole it?! thats so awful! :(
    this hammond i played is the brand new one, i can't remember what it's called - but it's half digital, it sounds like a B3, the characteristic distorted RAAAAAA sound :p its beeautiful.....
    a B3 can blow a guitar off the stage...

5. jesikhaviolet

jesikhaviolet Member

my uncle has a nice hammond. dunno the model - but its hammond, alright