He wants me to quit!!!

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Greenluv90, Jun 22, 2006.

1. eddiedavis_1974

eddiedavis_1974 Members

Tell him you are a big girl and you have full control over what, where, and with whom you do it with. Tell him you have several concerns regarding his "request". Tell him it better be a request, cuz you don't do orders or ultimatums. If he doesnt trust you or your better judgement than the two of you have no business being romantically involved. He may be the boy youve always dreamed of, but if his idea of a relationship is a hostage situation- don't start making excuses now, once it starts, it will never stop.
    Good relationships are built on two things. Communication and trust. It is healthy to set boundaries in relationships. Don't buy into that "concerned for your health" bullshit. Alcohol is poison compared to marijuana, I drink and I won't dare to deny that. People don't smoke a joint and kill a family of four on the highway. Stoners dont typically beat their wives like drunks do. Weed is a gateway drug to snicker bars and pizza rolls. I don't even smoke it, (makes me cynical) but these are the facts. Alcohol is clearly more toxic and dstructive than marijuana. Is he prepared to stop drinking? Is he so insecure that he has to control a female to feel like a man. What is he afraid of? this is not about you, its about him and his insecurities.
    Don;t let him smooth talk you, stand firm. This is his hang up, keep the focus on him. Don't get all warpped up in some debate. Either he trusts you or he doesnt. period. end of discussion. don't be that weak b*tch, please dont do that. i got faith in you girl. you tell that man how it is going to be.

oh, and wear some high heels while you are doing it. that will totally keep him out of sorts, lol

scratcho likes this.
  2. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

Don't set yourself up for a lifetime of surrendering your happiness to someone who doesn't love you for you.
    Say bye bye you ****, I want fuck all to do with someone who wants to change who I am.
    Trust me. If he goes then you've had a lucky escape. If he stays then you will not be controlled again.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    scratcho likes this.
  3. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

What? Missing a control freak or wead. I dont smoke weed but I know the answer is that I'd miss the wead and not becoming a slave that is camouflaged as love.

4. If he's trying to change your habits already what else are you likely to be expected to give up as time goes by?

Alonso376 likes this.
  5. Just for fun

Just for fun Live your best life

IMO tell him you do not appreciate controlling people in your life.

6. Everyone has bad habits or things they do they enjoy that makes them happy and who they are. My current lady friend also partakes in the green on a daily basis and I don't do it that often anymore. But I don't find it anything that she or I need to change. It's what she likes to do. I've got my own vices and she doesn't say anything about them so who am I to say anything about hers? When we met I was drinking quite heavily and I knew I needed to cut back on it. It was a red flag for her at first because her last husband was an alcoholic but she didn't let that stand in her way of getting to know me. I since all but stopped drinking because of my own decision to do so not hers. Both she and I like me better and it wasn't an issue.

7. Tman58

Tman58 Senior Member

Off to a bad start. It's either him or the smoke. Enjoy the time together while it lasts.

8. Just for fun

From my POV that demand sets his trend for your future. If you change for him what's next?

9. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

Some people are willing to change/compromise in a relationship, while others refuse. Those that refuse are often alone.

10. Just for fun

If your sense of pleasure is always dependent on another person you will always have a complaint.
    If you are alone and getting bored then you are obviously in bad company.

11. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

People that complain the most are usually alone .

12. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

So this was 2006. She was on for a few years--wonder what she did.

Toecutter likes this.
  13. Just for fun

On that we can agree.

14. Just for fun

A sculpture chips away at a rock to make it look exactly the way HE wants it to look. I happen to enjoy the company of very strong women. If I told my girl I wanted her to change in any way she would tell me, maybe you should find someone who will do things your way. Be the girl you want to be but remember trends begin from the start of all relationships.

scratcho likes this.
  15. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

You would not change something, stop doing something if she asked you ?

16. Just for fun

Depends on what it is. Smoking weed is part of a life style for many different reasons. I would discuss it but I refuse to be moulded by another person just to satisfy their preference. I do what I choose to do and my mate chooses what she chooses in her choices we support each other we don't direct one another.

Neither one of us strongly enforce anything on the other. I don't own her, I live with her and we enjoy each other's company regardless. She does some things I don't thoroughly enjoy but it's cool.

scratcho likes this.
  17. Toecutter

Toecutter Senior Member

This is the answer