Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Alomiakoda, May 9, 2004.

1. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

How many should you take? Are they any good or not? Are there any side affects?

2. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

its all at http://www.erowid.org/plants/hbw/

I would recomend 10 - 20 personally because even at its most intense LSA is pretty tame compared to shrooms or acid. But if you have never done any other psychedelics before, then you should do 4-6 and see where that takes you.

3. bertrose

bertrose Member

www.erowid.org/plants/hbw says that the seeds are "toxic"...what does that mean? does it mean that u could get really sick? or does it mean with heavy doses u could die? what does it mean by that?

4. pufferfish

pufferfish Member

Its nothing like LSD,or shrooms,Its LSA so that being said I usally take around 10 give or take afew. I first scrape off the fuzz and then cut them with a big kitchen knife (becarefull) and cut them up till well I guess till there cut up. Then I take my coffee cup and put very cold water in it then pour seeds in coffee cup and wait oooo about 10 min. and drink water and chew alittle on the seeds and put them between your gums and lips keep your spit around it and drink OJ while squezzing the juices from the seeds so that for 1/2 hour spit seeds out no need for them now or drink it down what ever you want, I spit out and drink them down what ever you feel like at that time..hope I was helpfull....

5. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

Its easier if you just grind them to a powder with a coffee grinder, then soak the seed powder in water for 24 hours, then filter out the seeds, then drink the liquid.

About the toxins, they are harmless at lower doses (under 20 I would think) but it starts to matter when you make an extract out of the seeds and concentrate the toxins. For nomal water extraction you are fine. If you want to make an LSA extraction use morning glory seeds instead as they don't contain toxins.

6. pufferfish

pufferfish Member

meaning I was giving my version of the concept ok. YOu dont have to wait 24 hours to trip a simple 10 min. extraction is all it takes....10 min. to 24 hours its all the same trip...I recomend people do what feels right for that time....

7. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

10 mins will not extract the majority of the LSA, for a full extraction you should really wait 24 hours.

8. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

I just grind up morning glory seeds and eat them. I dont see the need to extract if the seeds arent dangerous. It saves about 24 hours doing it how i do.

9. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

i think it should be noted that you really have to scrape off the fruzz, like really work on that shit, unless you enjoy vomit+++

10. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

I do the water extraction because its easier on the stomach and there is less neasuea. All it takes is a little planning, its pretty simple really.

And the issue of the fuzz is still up for debate.

11. pufferfish

pufferfish Member

thats why I said that I put the soak seeds between my gums and lips for at least 1/2 hour If I were to just drink the water after 10 min. I would not get much of the LSA but still get a mellow feel to it all...its all good all the time...

12. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

I like the long water extraction because I don't have to hold seeds in my mouth for a half hour or anything like that. But do whatever works for you!

13. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

They don't have any fuzz on them so I assume it's already been taken off :)

14. opticalpromise

opticalpromise Member

ive ALWAYS gotten sick from hawaiin baby woodrose, at least everytime i swallwed, whether is be chewed up seeds (peeled, makes no difference in pain or nousea) , or extracted in small or larg volume of water or alcohol, or even extracted using non polar, polar method.

the only way i dont get sick with HBWR is if i grind up my seeds, mix them with a sips worth of vodka or whatever high proof liquor, and letting is all sit in my mouth for twenty minutes.. letting it absorb sublingually. it works i tell you and no sickness. i still get blurred vision though.

15. Bicycle

Bicycle Member

This was my own stupidity, frankly, but consider it a warning to you all.

I did about 8 of the seeds with the husks still on. I figured that if i can do 225 morning glories covered in industrial poison and only got mild nausea until they really kicked in, these would be no sweat. Clean, only 8 - yeah.

That was a big mistake.

I threw up. 20 minutes after, 40 minutes after, an hour after, about 2 hours after, then about 3 and a half, then 6. And I'm sure there's a couple more in between there. Suffice to say, it was painful and while it didn't exactly ruin the trip (and the seeds only cost me about 7 bucks in total, so it wasn't much of a money waste), it certainly wasn't pleasant to, for the most part, dry heave until i felt like my lungs and vital organs were about to fly out.

My suggestion, therefore, is to remove the husks. This apparently gets rid of most of the nausea. Those doing it for the first time who don't want to wait that long (24 hours) or hold the seeds in your mouth for 20 minutes should consider this. The nausea will probably still be pretty bad, but that very likely makes it better. And plain old nausea sure beats the hell out of throwing up in a net cafe for no obvious reason.

16. PurpleGel

PurpleGel Senior Member

i highly discourage the ingestion of these seeds. the two worst trips of my life on that shit. i never knew what a "bad" trip was until i ate that shit and felt like i was going to die. just my observation. lsd or mushrooms would be a safer and prefered alternative.
    peace.