Have you picked up a hitchhiker?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by RainyDayHype, Mar 2, 2019.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

All the time actually. Its usually a person maybe. Ive probably seen them many times before as well do give a few same persons a ride cause Im going that way,, or they can bounce and get a little further or hop buses easier. Ive picked up randoms strangers, because I know they cant do anything harmful to me without injury or death to themselves.

2. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I often picked up hitchhikers in the 70s when I was young and did lots of hitchhiking myself. Now I don't pick them up unless it's someone I know. Hitchhikers aren't as common as they once were.

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It's been years since I did.

The only time I'd pick them up was when my friends and I were cruising the strip at the beach.

It was easy. There was traffic. We were in my convertible. Sure hop on in, Hottie.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

This winter, on a night when it was super cold and rainy, I offered a young woman standing outside a somewhat sketch area a ride. She was dressed like a standard college student, but when she got in the car, I found out she was "working". I passed on her services but offered to take her somewhere warm, she inisited that I drop her off outside in the cold and that she had heroin or something.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

I just read this whole thing like a brewstew cartoon. lmao.

guerillabedlam likes this.
  6. deleted

deleted Visitor

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

A few times in my youth.

The last time was in Kentucky. I was driving home from Mammoth Cave National Park and picked up this guy stranded on the side of the road and drove him to a gas station.

8. Yes. A few times but only if it is someone I can tell needs help and cannot over power me

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Nope, fuck that. They standing there, they've got legs, git walken ****. :D

10. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I don't drive. But when I do, I will pick them up. But kinda related to above comment.. I prefer when people walk as they hitch. I'd rather pick them up when they're making an effort.

11. hotwater

That just a step above slowing down to a near stop giving them hope, then flooring it leaving them in the dust [​IMG]

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well not really, really. I wouldn't slow down. I buzz past so they know they're only dreaming.

hotwater likes this.
  13. Si69

Si69 Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

always do if they look reasonable.....50 years of driving n hitch-hiking. some wonderful people, some strange people, some gay people, funny people and happy people.

in fact a microcosom of the best in the world....the rich fat folk have BMWs ......generally the flashier the car the more unpleasant the people.

Simon :)

GLENGLEN likes this.
  14. hotwater

I wouldn't be averse to the idea

[​IMG]