Have you ever met anyone from these forums in person?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Ginge, May 18, 2004.

?

Have you met anyone from Hip Forums in person?

1. Yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No.

6 vote(s)
    8.8%
  3. No, but want to!

11 vote(s)
    16.2%
  4. Yes, and would do it again!

31 vote(s)
    45.6%
  5. Yes, and would never do it again.

20 vote(s)
    29.4%
  6. No, and would never do it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Aww, thanks Hannah! :D I'd love to meet you, too! [​IMG] I could text message you, though, if you have a cell phone. I love text messaging, especially since I get very bored at work and they don't let us access the internet. :(

To be honest, it doesn't feel like I've only been here for a week. lol I lurked months before I got the courage to post. Now I realize I should have posted sooner. :) Since I have a year before I can travel, it can give me time to get to know everyone a bit better. Then next summer it will be on!

2. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

there's a few people here i would dearly love to invite for a lovely camping trip in the mountains. i know ya'll in GA and the east coast are very proud of your gorgeous mountains, but they're not the Rockies. not that the rockies are better, they're just different. and ALL people should seek to broaden their horizons. anyway, i'll be at the lake and in the mountains as often as possible. go do some hot springing, too.

3. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

from these forums, i have personally met two ,well technically three ppl altho one of them doesnt much act human so i dont tend to include it...:rolleyes:

i met hhb thru another chat room eons ok 7 or 8 years ago and of course now live with him... and then there was fried toast who i met thru the forums a couple years ago as well...

over the years i have met round bout 50 - 60 folks from chat gatherings and such...

and dont ferget folks ,,, we are havin a forum gatherin here this july1-7 as well.... angel godiva will be here entire time and is a good chance to meet up with a few of us ,,, all are invited:)

4. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Comparing the Rockys and the Smokies is almost like comparing apples and oranges. I've been to the Smokies several times and lived in Colorado for 16 months years ago. Both are beautiful and special in their own way.

There is something grand about the old Smoky Mountains. But, the Rockys are very majestic. I love them both.

5. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

yeah, olhippie, when living back there, when i think of the rolling gentle mountains, i think of magical mists. when i'm in the rockies i think of power and savagery, primal forces. both are so appealing.

6. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Yeah, KC, that's a good way of putting it.

7. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I've never met anyone from the hipforums in person, as right now, it would be very difficult for me to meet anyone from the forums (for obvious reasons). But I've been on the hipforums for about 18-20 months, and I love this place to death. Hopefully, when I get back to the states for some decent amount of time, I can meet some people from the hipforums. Here are some folks I'd love to meet (to name a few):

Ginge
    Funkyphreshmama
    Sexydreads
    Personface (Skylie)
    Olhippie54
    Baylaureltree (who i saw often on the old site)
    Antithesis
    HappyHaHaGirl

8. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Heh! You and I will definitely meet one day, Rashaad. It's just a matter of time, that's all. :)

9. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I have met three people in person that I have met online. Two will be in my life forever and one did not work out the way that I had hoped.

One of the people that I have met also posts here but I did not meet them here. :)

10. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

i wanna meet bird_migration.

and i wanna meet manolao, because he is beautiful and i love him!

11. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I can assure you, you do not want to meet us.

12. alex714

alex714 To the Left

ive met bird migration before. it was a random night indeed...

i was walking around the netherlands, taking a nightly stroll when he noticed me by a windmill. he came to me and said hello. afterwards, we had a few heinekens and since the dutch hold cheese in their highest regards, he offered me a parting gift, a lovely basket of high quality cheese... what a fun time we had!

13. Juggalo4ever

Juggalo4ever KingoftheChubbyGirls

-Thread hijacked-:eek:

New thread topic:

Who on this forum would you like to meet in real life?

14. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i havent seen shagnasti on here since the new forums started but i wold really like the chance to meet him in person. i know he is much smarter than he seems on here and i also know he isnt the asshole as he seems ta be.

i met my best friend online, not on the forums but years ago i started talking to a guy on AOL and he was supa dupa cute, i got to algebra class the frist day of college and the teacher called out a name that rang a bell, after class he came up and asked me if i was Robin and weve been best buddies ever since. too bad he is gay because he is one sexy mofo..................

15. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

I asked that in the first post, though, Juggalo! LOL

But anyway, I'd like to meet everyone who's been kind to me ever since I've come here. :) Rashaad, Angelgodiva, Hannah, Rudie, Matt, Spuff, Fractual, WeAllShineOn, you, him, and her...several people!

16. Juggalo4ever

Juggalo4ever KingoftheChubbyGirls

When thread gets this big I never read the first post I just figure the topic has changed so much that the first post has nothing to do with the rest of the thread anymore.

17. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

who would li like to meet??? anyone from here,,, ppl are all strange n different n weird and some are what they are on here n others full of shit just as in life,,, i have never ever met anyone from anywhere off the net with any sort of expectations other than having a new experience and hopefully gaining a friend out of it.... n one thing one never should do is meet someone with the expectation that true love(rofl) will hit them at first sight, or any other sort of relationship other than friendship,, tis a very rare rare thing and so many wind up hurt in doing so

18. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Well, you were WRONG! :p

J/K. It's true in most cases, though. I'm glad you re-asked it, because it was starting to go a bit OT. :)

19. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Speaking of OT, this is kinda sorta OT but not really...

I can't believe someone met their wife here! That's just amazing...

Well, to me anyway. :p

20. DoDaMan

DoDaMan Member

Yeah, it sure is amazing! And yes dilligaf, you can meet your "true love" on-line. OK, it is a "long shot" but if I was able to, so could others. Not that either of us (my wife or I) were looking for "true love" when we met, but it just happened. I knew that there was some type of connection between us before we met up in person, but nothing like what became of the both of us. I have never been happier...........

~namaste~