have you ever met any famous hipster?

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by unionpacificrailroad, Sep 4, 2004.

1. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

oh yeah- - I just remembered ,, many ,many yrs ago ,when Joe Walsh lived in Montclair NJ, about 10 minutes from Manhattan -his basement apartment was always jammin...Mostly filled with local musicians, it was always fun to hang out , smoke and bullshit the hours away.
    Joe was the one that became famous...although a few of the others very were very talented -

1 person likes this.
  2. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Owsley (Bear) once showed me the jewelry he made at home in Queensland. He handed me a jeweler's loupe so I could see it up close. Very nice platinum and silver stuff, including a few pieces with his famous "Steal Your Face" design.

I also smoked a joint with Mountain Girl and John Perry Barlow.

I met Phil Lesh at a book signing.

MeAgain likes this.
  3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No, but our company did the roof on one of Keseys kids (ooops---on the house--not on the kid!)

MeAgain likes this.
  4. the_doors_of_perception

the_doors_of_perception Member

My God do I envy you. :K

5. the_doors_of_perception

the_doors_of_perception Member

I met Joan Baez last year after a concert she did here...it was a small thing with 400 people. My friend and I waited around afterwards hoping to meet her, and we did! At 24 and 25, we certainly looked like the youngest members of the audience.

A few weeks ago I was blessed enough to attend a PAUL MCCARTNEY CONCERT! @___@ One of my ultimate dreams! Didn't get to meet him, but just being in the same room as my favorite Beatle and hearing him sing Blackbird and Hey Jude and Let It Be LIVE just....was beyond belief. I am so lucky. ;__________;

6. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

George Harrison, looked me in the eye and said " Hello, you can call me George ", after I said " Hello, Mr. Harrison " .
    Also met; Wavy Gravy, Steven Stills, David Crosby, Eric Burdon, Flow and Eddie and Jackson Brown .

7. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

In the 80s , I was in a club in North Hollywood and ended up sitting with Bonnie Bramlets daughter. She told me a story that entailed Bonnie knocking a well known musician off his stool in a bar for calling Ray Charles a stupid N word.

8. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I smoked dope with The James Gang and Joe Walsh one night after a concert. Just those three, me and my college room mate. They eventually kicked us out as they had to travel somewhere the next day.​